1 or 2 and WHY?

• Isabelle Primrose
  • Emilia Primrose

0 voters

Any other middle name recommendations please send across :slight_smile:
Thinking Blossom etc?

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] because it’s really pretty, sounds serious enough to fit all ages, and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is a super cute nickname. I’m personally not a huge fan of any names ending in belle or especially bella. They sound a bit overly princessy to me.

6 Likes

Emilia Primrose is stunning! I could recommend other middle names, but Primrose is just so beautiful with Emilia that I don’t think I need to.

I like Emilia because it feels more refreshing than Isabelle - maybe because I’m a 2000’s kid and the name blew up in popularity around that time. Emilia is classy and can fit any person!

2 Likes

Yes I think it rolls off the tongue well! I’m just worried about the popularity of it in the UK whereas [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] has fallen off a little bit…

It’s so hard to decide!

1 Like

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is much prettier. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] > [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] > [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] is a good name for a rabbit and a rabbit alone.

Both are stunning, but I’m going to lend another vote to Emilia Primrose. I think Emilia is feminine but has a kind of smart, tailored, sophisticated quality to it as well which balances delicate Primrose nicely. For me, Isabelle in this spelling is very balletic, pretty and feminine, and with Primrose it’s verging on too sweet and frou-frou.

I’m in the UK too, and in my experience both of these names are popular, and are also part of larger popular name families that make them feel about equally common to me.

With Emilia, you also have Amelia, Emily and Amelie; with Isabelle, you also have Isabel, Isobel, Isabella and to a lesser extent Bella and Belle.

All that to say: I really wouldn’t let the popularity numbers sway you either way. Both names are very well used and well liked. Go with your heart!

5 Likes

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! It’s stylish and sweet but with spark too

3 Likes

I just prefer [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a bit bored of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], and that genre of name.

1 Like

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is my favourite :bouquet:

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is beautiful she feels romantic, elegant, frilly but also strong well tailored she’s incredibly classic and timeless. Such a lovely name. I like the nicknames [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Millie[/name_f] as well and I also really love the ‘lia’ ending in names my own daughter is [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] I also love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I love that ending with names. I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] makes a beautiful surprising middle name choice adding a quirky edge overall very pretty.

3 Likes

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], because every 2nd or 3rd girl under five years old I’ve met is Amelia/Emilia/Emmy.

It’s just so difficult! I love the spelling so [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] but my partner loves Isabelle… I was thinking [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] but again is that a bit too frilly? Why sort of middle name would you go for? Thanks!

This is my worry… it’s very popular.

It’s such a lovely name! [name_m]Just[/name_m] worried about the huge popularity of it in the UK! Both are popular though I guess :rose:

1 Like

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is awesome! Definitely prefer to [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] would be great too or maybe [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Wildflower…

This is such a tricky one because so much rests on personal style!

For me personally, Isabelle Blossom is a bit too on the frilly side, yes. But in general, I do lean towards shorter, sharper, more androgynous names for girls.

Isobel Primrose or Isobel Blossom sound exactly the same, but feel more streamlined and understatedly feminine to me. A little bit more balanced. But that’s not to say that the combos with Isabelle aren’t good names – they are, very pretty and bright!

Are you set on a floral middle for Isabelle? If so, perhaps one with slightly sharper, spunkier sounds could work well and bring that balance. Maybe Isabelle Clover, Isabelle Wildrose, Isabelle Violet, Isabelle Zinnia…

2 Likes

I agree with @katinka both names are popular in the UK us Brits love [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and they are similar to other popular names is Brits love but I wouldn’t let popularity stop you. Honestly just follow your heart go with the one you love the most

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] too. She has a sophisticated femininity to me! I do like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] in all her spellings as well, she’s just a little too ‘girly’ for me. Nicknames [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are awesome!

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] your discussion about middles which balance [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], I like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].

1 Like

Yes, I have to agree with you that I love frilly names however it’s just so unfortunate my partner only like the ‘traditional’ [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] spelling which means we’re quite limited with middle names. I want something which gives the name a bit more of a spark to it…

I’d love to go with the spelling so [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] but my partner isn’t on board! [name_m]Said[/name_m] he didn’t like how it spells out sob in the middle of it… pffft!

Not set on flower middle names just want something a little bit different to give some spark to the name!

I voted for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] because I think it’s more versatile and timeless. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] / [name_f]Bella[/name_f] / etc sort of exploded a few years ago, and I think they just remind me too much of [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] and that era.