1 or 2 middles?

What are your opinions on 2 middle names. I’m thinking of refining my combos down to just one middle name each.
these are my girl names with two middles:

Margot [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

and with just one:

Margot [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

do you prefer them with one or two?

I think all of your combos flow better with just one middle!

1 Like

As someone who prefers one middle combos, I love your single middle choices

1 Like

I love them with 2 middles especially [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]!

1 Like

Personally it’s not for me. I find it overkill. [name_f]My[/name_f] boys just have one middle name.

1 Like

I think having 2 middles is a good idea when you want to honor one person and have a fun middle of your choosing or if you have 2 people to honor. If they are just names you adore, then sometimes I think it can be too much, especially if there are lots of letters in the names combined. For example, I think [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a little much. I like the simpler combos in general more. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is my favorite!

1 Like

Another vote for 1 middle. I feel like two is usually too much of a mouthful, and even more so when paired with a last name

1 Like

I personal prefer one middle !

1 Like

All sound better with one middle, with the exception of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], which to me sounds even more complete with [name_f]Joy[/name_f] at the end.

1 Like

@anon68906791 @12queen
thanks so much guys, I also feel like some of them sound better with 2 and others with just one but I think i’d rather have them all with the same amount of middles if that makes sense.

2 Likes

thank you so much!! Your name card is incredibly perfect too, the names are amazing!

1 Like

@may.rose thank you!! that’s super helpful :))
@Greyblue [name_f]Awesome[/name_f], thank you!!
@anon73451839 Thank you, yes, I completely get what you mean about it being a bit of a mouthful :))
@Penpen33 Thanks so much for your help :))

2 Likes

@anon25197097 That makes sense! Actually, my boy combos also have only one middle which is why i’m thinking the same with my girl combos. thank you!!

@rosejuliet Thanks for your help, you make a good point!!

@flamingo [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is a name I really want to add in somewhere because it’s an honour name but it feels a little lonely as a single middle. Thanks for you help xxx

@kidpix21 thanks so much!!

1 Like

I prefer two middles personally, just because there’s so many names I love I can’t squeeze them all into one middle combos! But I think that just one middle is lovely too, and in your case I think either works amazingly. Frrom your list I prefer:

Margot [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

1 Like

I love using two middle names, especially in hypothetical combos without a last name or with a one syllable last name like mine. They sound more… complete, I guess? Out of yours, I like:
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (I think I prefer [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] though)
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] ([name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would be so cute)
[name_f]Lillia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

I’ve always been extremely partial to two.

Personally, I prefer all of them with one. Two middles gets a bit lengthy for me, and I don’t usually like it, unless it has some cultural value to the person. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are so pretty!

Generally, I prefer one middle over two. I feel like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] sound complete already and you haven’t even added a last name, which would then throw off the sound. Your two middle combos are definitely lovely, but I think I prefer most, if not all, of them with just the one middle.

I prefer one middle, but you have gorgeous options for both!