1 week old and nameless! Eve, Mae, Fleur or Sivan?

Our little girl arrived a week ago today and we can’t decide on a name.

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]: My husband is set on this one and its a name I originally suggested but now I worry that it might be too cutesy or be problematic for people to pronounce.

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]: We both [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] the name [name_f]Eve[/name_f] but are considering holding onto it for our second child ([name_m]Yves[/name_m] for a boy, which we prefer or [name_f]Eve[/name_f] for a girl).

[name_f]Mae[/name_f]: We also love [name_f]Mae[/name_f] but our last name has the ‘ae’ sound in the middle of 3 syllables and we worry it is too rhyme-y.

Sivan: We prefer the name pronounced ‘SIH-vahn’ but it is supposed to be ‘SEE-vahn’. Might be problematic for her later?

Any thoughts on these names? We think all the names are timeless and won’t be associated with 2013 when she is older.

Thoughts on middle names as well? It seems a bit tougher to come up with a middle name that flows with a one syllable first name.

A few we are playing with are:

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] Canelle

Thank you for any advice! We want to get this sorted soon!

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] for you!
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is cute and I like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] or [name_u]Ever[/name_u] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] (or [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_u]Ever[/name_u]). Keep us updated!X

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is stunning!

I agree that [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is rather frilly and can be hard to pronounce, I think it makes a better mn.

Sivan is far less recognizable than your other options, and if you’re also wanting to change the standard pronunciation I’d steer clear of it as a first.
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] Sivan is lovely though.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] is very nice, sometimes a tad bit of rhyminess with the surname can be very pleasant ([name_m]Calvin[/name_m] Klein, [name_f]Anne[/name_f] HAthaway, [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] [name_m]Rooney[/name_m], etc.) It depends on how strong it is.

I love [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], and if you guys love it you should use it!

Hmm…
Well firstly congrats - Mazel [name_m]Tov[/name_m]!! - on your little one!!

I love [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] and I really don’t think she’d prove problematic in the future, your husband loves her and you obviously have some feeling for [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] (as a name) otherwise you wouldn’t have suggested the name. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is also lovely but I think in your minds you want to save her because [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is the name for you guys. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] wouldn’t work with your surname and in my eyes Sivan (and your pronunciation) is just going to cause issues. I really do feel that [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is the name for you guys, your husband loves it and getting your man on board is always a challenge. So just go with her!! [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is gorgeous.

My favorite is [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] would be my second choice.

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is just lovely and the flow on these two is gorgeous.
Congratulations!

Have you considered [name_f]Flora[/name_f]? It might be easier for non-[name_m]French[/name_m] speakers to pronounce.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! Gorgeous. [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is a little too flowery. [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] would mean “flower from the forest.” I think that’s cute. :slight_smile:

Congrats on your little girl!
Save [name_m]Yves[/name_m] for your son. A name similar to [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is [name_f]Eva[/name_f] but it’s different enough from [name_m]Yves[/name_m] that you could use it. Otherwise, I would go with [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]. I love all your middle names, pick whichever you like the most, flows with your last name, or has special significance to you.

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - two of my favourite names and a brilliant combination
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] works well too, double flower connection too which is sweet

If you love [name_m]Yves[/name_m] more than [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and are planning on having a second child I wouldn’t use [name_f]Eve[/name_f], if you’re second child is a girl and you don’t plan on having more you could use [name_f]Eve[/name_f] then, at least that would be my take on that situation
I feel that Sivan has more pronunciation problems than [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] and would be more difficult but that’s just my opinion I’ve never even heard of the name before so it might just be that it’s unfamiliar to me

Congratulations of your beautiful daughter any name you choose will be perfect

Fluer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

I vote for [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] - lovely to see this Dark Ages’ name alive and lucky! [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is such a stunning combo!

I think you should go for the name you both love now. [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

1st of all you might be super lucky and get another girl second time, OR fall in love with a name that you havent think about it yet. So go for the one you like & both love.

I think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is a great name, and you both already love it! I’m not too fond of the others… [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] seems kind of masculine to me because my family just watched the whole series of ‘Lost’ and there was a guy on there who went by [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] for a little while. However, I love [name_f]Flower[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is great, but may be better for a middle name…or go with [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] rhymes with [name_f]Laura[/name_f], so it is much easier to pronounce.
Another suggestion: [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - a combo of [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] :slight_smile:
Congratulations! I hope you can name her soon!

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is so pretty! [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is my favorite flower name for a girl; sweet but not over-frilled : ) And with the MN [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], it’s that much more beautiful.

I went to school with a girl named [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] and I don’t remember pronounciation problems - I don’t think it is an unheard of name. If you both love it I would use it.

Why don’t you try calling her by one of the names for a day and see how it fits - if you aren’t happy then move on and try another.

Good luck, I sympathise with baby name paralysis!