1 week to due date - need some suggestions!

Thanks, [name]Deirdre[/name]!
Re: “Seanait”, as far as I know this can come from 2 derivations: [name]Sean[/name] (as in “wise” or “aged” - i.e. seanathair, grandfather) or Seabhac (as in “hawk”). I’ve usually heard it pronounced as “[name]SHAN[/name]-et”, hence a kind of tribute for [name]Janet[/name].

So, yeah, I suppose it would sound pretty similar to Seanad - I am an Irish politics expert, but I don’t know if even I would take it that far!

Thanks for the comments, and best of luck in [name]Clare[/name].
[name]Rebecca[/name]

[name]Sorcha[/name] (“SOR-ha”): I think this is beautiful, and I love the meaning with [name]Verity[/name]. [name]Sorcha[/name] looks elegant and crisp, and I appreciate that its pronunciation is clearer to me than some of the others. (Thank you for your phonetic pronunciations!)

Although I didn’t know how to pronounce it at first, I wasn’t intimidated by [name]Sorcha[/name]'s spelling, as it doesn’t contain multiple vowels in succession.

Saorlaith (“SAIR-la”): I think this is beautiful, too, but because Sair sound is so close to the vare sound in [name]Verity[/name], I think I like the [name]Sorcha[/name] [name]Verity[/name] combo better.

Yep, I’m going to vote for [name]Sorcha[/name] [name]Verity[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!

[name]Just[/name] to announce the birth of our daughter on [name]Saturday[/name], [name]November[/name] 14th (only 3 days late ;p ):

[name]Sorcha[/name] [name]Verity[/name] Gr@ff-McR@e

after a “textbook” natural delivery!

It suits her personality so well - strong, punchy, and determined.

Ironically, we are still having to explain the pronunciation, so we’re maybe a little glad we didn’t go with one of the more unwieldy names on our list!

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and endorsements during our naming process.

Congratulations on your new little girl!! I like the name, it’s so full of personality.

And how wonderful you were able to have a natural, uncomplicated delivery! We should all be so fortunate.

Congrats!!! I bet she is a beautiful little girl!
What a wonderful name!

Congratulations!!! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sorcha[/name] [name]Verity[/name], and am so glad that everything went well for you!

Best wishes to you (and thanks for the update)! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I think [name]Sorcha[/name] is great, and it has just the right balance of the history you wanted and a relatively straightforward pronunciation. I’m so glad it suits her!

[name]Sorcha[/name] [name]Verity[/name] is an utterly beautiful name - I adore them both, and they have brilliant flow.

I, too, love Irish names of the mind-boggling spelling variety - a favourite of mine is [name]Orfhlaith[/name]. It’s just so much more interesting than plain old [name]Orla[/name]!