1 week tomorrow and need middle for Willow!

Hello yes me again! I think we’re definitely set on [name_f]Willow[/name_f] but will keep [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] in case she looks like a [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]! We just don’t have a middle and I’m all about equal love of both names!

We love something unexpected in the middle and I don’t think we have found it yet.

Our favourites from our list…

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - I know [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a traditional boys name but it’s been a favourite of mine and I think it goes well with [name_f]Willow[/name_f].

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]- The baby will be a Pisces and we just love the ocean! [name_m]Just[/name_m] need something that beachy but not cliche like ‘[name_f]Summer[/name_f]’.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Wilde - This doesn’t go but if the baby is a boy it will be ‘[name_m]Otis[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]’ and I just love the idea of the name. If only it went with [name_f]Willow[/name_f]!

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Ace[/name_m] - My partner and I just love this name for a boy. It has a special meaning for us but not sure if it’s too much?

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Koa[/name_m] - [name_m]Koa[/name_m] is the wood that surfboards are made from. It is a traditional boys name in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m]. I just love it!

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] - My partner really likes this! It’s short and spunky. I like the unexpected in the middle.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - I’m not sure what it is about [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] but it’s got me!

As you can see we don’t have a style for the middle! We are big travellers and I wish there was a place that would fit in the middle!

You Berries have been amazing. I’m sorry for another post but I really need your help!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I think my naming instincts are a little different from yours, since my preference goes straight to the traditionally feminine middle names paired with [name_f]Willow[/name_f], so take my feedback with that in mind.

Out of your list I like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (because it’s the most girly, haha), but I’m also a little hesitant with double “word”/“nature” names. I also love the ocean, and I had considered [name_f]Oceane[/name_f] (Oh-say-ahn) as a middle name for my daughter. I think it’s likely to be a pronunciation problem in English (it’s a [name_m]French[/name_m] name), but in the middle spot, that shouldn’t matter too much and it makes the name a little less “word”-y and more “name”-y to me. Same thing with the variation [name_f]Oceana[/name_f] (which could be Oh-shee-ah-nah or Oh-say-ah-nah). But again, this is an idiosyncratic preference. If [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is more meaningful to you–and since you clearly like the unisex vibe–I think that could be a really great choice for you.

Lastly, I seized on the (again, girly!) [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] in your signature. I think [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] would be a lovely name, especially if she arrives in [name_f]February[/name_f]!

Good luck with the home stretch of your pregnancy. It’s clear you’ve put a lot of thought into naming your daughter, and I’m sure whatever you choose will be the perfect choice :slight_smile:

[name_m]Ace[/name_m], [name_m]Fox[/name_m], and [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]!

I really like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. Actually love it! I also agree [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is adorable.

Some place names I think flow well with [name_f]Willow[/name_f] -

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Anniston[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

As for your list, I like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. It’s different and spunky. I like that it’s more a common choice for a boy than a girl.

After looking at your signature I was also jumping in to say I like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] very much - and see previous posters think the same way!

From your list my favourite is [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - I think this is snappy, interesting and lovely. I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] works fine for a girl. I’m not keen on the others with [name_f]Willow[/name_f], though sound-wise [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] works. It’s just too much greenery for me having first and middle names both trees.

other ideas:
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Kerenza[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Vivette
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Mignon[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]

I agree with @halloween_jacqueline that I prefer a name that isn’t an English word with [name_f]Willow[/name_f]. From your list I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] the best.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] (sea)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Kailani[/name_f] (another Hawaiian option)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marin[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (some sites say it means wave)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] (similar)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Ondine[/name_f] (wave)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Varuni (nameberry says hindu goddess from the ocean)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Siena[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] might be a good choice! From its nameberry page:

Mira is a true cross-cultural choice, with the literal meaning of “look” in Spanish, a peaceful meaning in several Eastern European languages, a well-used name in Arabic cultures meaning queen-like or a female ruler, and a nature name [ocean] in Sanksrit.

It’s the perfect name for those who travel and love the sea, as it means both ‘world’ and ‘ocean.’ There’s also [name_u]Kai[/name_u]:

A multi-cultural name! In Hawaiian it means “sea,” but in Japanese “forgiveness,” in Navajo “willow tree,” and in Scandinavian “earth.”

Going off the ocean/travel theme:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Bimini[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], a legendary sea nymph
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f]/[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]/[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], meaning “heart; daughter of the sea.”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Gull[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Havana[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Havilah[/name_f], meaning “stretch of sand”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] (variation for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f])
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Maree[/name_f], french for “tide” like the ocean, and pronounced like [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marin[/name_f]/[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marlee[/name_f]/[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Marlow[/name_u]/[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], meaning “driftwood”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], meaning “sea warrior”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Murray[/name_u], meaning “settlement by the sea”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Neptune[/name_u], the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] god of the sea
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]/[name_f]Nerida[/name_f], meaning “of the sea,” “sea nymph, mermaid”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f], Japanese word for seaweed
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], the jewel of the ocean
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Pelagia[/name_f], name of several saints, and means “sea”
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Rome[/name_m] (also a play on roam)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Sicily[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]

If I had to pick one favorite from that list, it would be [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. From yours, I liked [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] best! It also plays on the ocean and fins of animals :wink:

Thank you for such detailed feedback!

We did consider [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Oceane[/name_f] for a while although pronunciation may be an issue.
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is so cute! I really love it but I’m not sure you can use it unless it’s born on [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]'s [name_u]Day[/name_u]? (I was secretly hoping it would be just so I could use it!)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is pretty perfect… Except a friend already has a [name_f]Juno[/name_f].
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] is so cute but my nephew is called [name_u]Kai[/name_u].
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Mira[/name_f] has beautiful meanings!
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is so tempting but I think it’s a name crush I will never use because I can’t convince my partner!
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a front runner I think.

I forgot to say I’m still considering [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]. My partner doesn’t want to use it as it’s another family name from that side but I love it!

You seem to like nature names. I’d reserve [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] for a boy (if you want more) instead of using Wilde.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Rosewood (A bit more odd)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]/[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Orchid[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Larkspur
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Sunflower
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Lotus[/name_f] (Too many L’s?)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Snowdonia (Yes, it’s actually a flower!)
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Cinnamon[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Clove[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Prarie

More mainstream choices:
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Clair/name_u
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

I agree with pps that other English word names with [name_f]Willow[/name_f] are kind of awkward. I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], but [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] just sounds like you’re listing plants to me.

I love the idea of an ocean meaning like [name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_u]Kai[/name_u], or else a place name for you! Some random place names (a bunch of these are Italian for some reason)…

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Aravis[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Avila[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Berlin[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] or [name_m]Croix[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Firenze
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Siena[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Venezia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]

There is also the option of Viatrix/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] which means “voyager.”

Water/ocean names:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]/[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Delta[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f]/[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]

It might also be cool to choose the name of a specific beach/ocean/island that holds significance for you. Or even the name of a boat, if that applies.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] is a cool combo and I love [name_u]River[/name_u]. I also love the idea of using a place name. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f] is cute! Thank you all!

I totally second the idea of [name_f]Willow[/name_f] Océane. It’s lovely and imo, flows much better. I also like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Koa[/name_m] from your list. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Azure[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]

I’d go for a feminine name with [name_f]Willow[/name_f], more traditional. Some of the options you have a nature inspired like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] so it seems a little much to me (like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and [name_m]Fox[/name_m]), the others a bit too out there and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] isn’t the most traditional name either so I’d balance it out with a more traditional name

I didn’t see it mentioned so I will suggest:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]

Also, I like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]