10 more days!

That is a good idea. My husband always says that we can “save” our names that we don’t use for future dogs… cats… etc. Some of our sillier names have gone on that list already. :slight_smile:

Yes, [name]Eloise[/name] does go well with [name]Louis[/name], but again, is that too much?

I am glad that you are on board with [name]Lavender[/name]! I don’t feel as silly loving it.

I can see [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] as sisters. But [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] seem common compared to [name]Lavender[/name]. But then again, [name]Lavender[/name] also seems very Victorian to me, so it may not be as off base as it seems.

Believe me, I know how lucky it is that husband is onboard with most names! There are a few that have been cut out, but he has been pretty easy going lately about the names. But I think that I have a pretty good feeling of what I can get away with from him. :wink:

[name]Primrose[/name]. I’m not feeling it. I do like [name]Rose[/name] a lot, but [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]… I would have to have a [name]Sophia[/name] (like) or [name]Blanche[/name] (not going to happen) too.

[name]Jill[/name] -

[name]Hi[/name] there! Ten more days? Wow! This is so exciting! :slight_smile: - Yes, it is exciting! I am also pretty nervous, too! The doctor really thinks its best for everyone, if the twins come sooner, than later, mentally, physically… And in 10 days they will be full term, and shouldnt have complications.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] - This seems so natural to me!
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] (although I think they’re both characters in [name]Matilda[/name]) - yes they are.
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] (With [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name], I think of [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s daughter)

I guess with [name]Matilda[/name], I see it as a harder name, needing a harder sounding name to be paired with it. [name]Rose[/name] is such a soft name. I love it, but I see it more with names that are softer like [name]Charlotte[/name]. And I really don’t know where I am coming up with this, because I guess [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Annelise[/name], could all be considered harder names too. Maybe it really all depends on your personal ear.

[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] - [name]Blythe[/name] is growing on me when I think of it in a [name]Gilbert[/name] context, but I have to think of it in an AoGG context
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (not the best)
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - I like this
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] - not a [name]Mabel[/name] fan

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - I think I like the inverse better.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - This sounds very Victorian to me. I like
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - VERY pretty. I love [name]Rose[/name], but seems kind of cold to me always putting it in the middle… poor [name]Rose[/name].
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name] - Still like
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - like a lot
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name] - love
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - love

[name]Roselyn[/name] (I think that [name]Roselyn[/name]/[name]Rosaline[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] isn’t too [name]Golden[/name] Girls. I do think of [name]Golden[/name] Girls with [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name], though, but I love that show. Then again, with three other children in the mix, [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] don’t exactly seem like a pair.) :slight_smile: right.

One of my new thoughts is if I go with [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name], they would go well with [name]Henry[/name], but not so much with [name]Dorothy[/name]. Maybe I am not really sure how I should gage [name]Dorothy[/name]. Or. Maybe I shouldn’t worry about that at all.

My mother let my father name my brother, she got the middle name, she named my sister, both first and middle and me, first and middle. She didn’t really worry about then going completely together, but they work. And its funny, because I have met other people with my name and my siblings names, and they wouldnt neccessarily “go”.

[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - pretty
[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - gorgeous!
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I suggested some names that aren’t on your list, so just ignore them if you’re sticking to the names here. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] your list! :slight_smile: - Thanks. I love my list too much too. :-(/:-)… makes it SO hard when you’re coming down to the wire.

Have a great night! You too!

P.S. I apologize for repeats! :slight_smile: - No worries.

[/quote]

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I did briefly consider using [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name for [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I am not sure if you know, but it is my fn and a name that I really love. I have always loved my name! But is it ok to give one child the mother’s name?

Ha! Yes. Its not usually called a Lav or Lavatory in the states, but I am aware that in other English-speaking countries it is. Lav seems like the natural nn for it, but not so sure I would use it.

No, I like [name]Lavender[/name], but not really crazy about [name]Lavinia[/name], or alternatives that sound similar. Its more the meaning that I am attracted to in this case.

My grandma who is one of my favorite people in the world used to have a [name]Lavender[/name] farm (as crazy as that sounds). She would grow [name]Lavender[/name] and make soaps, cookies (so good), sachets, etc out of the [name]Lavender[/name] and sell it at the local stores in town. Now, when I hear the name, I associate it with my grandma. :slight_smile:

Names (in no particular order):

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]

All your names are wonderful, and any woman would be lucky to have one of them! Particularly exciting to see [name]Lavender[/name] on your list.

Two things:

1. In [name]Roald[/name] Dahl’s book [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Matilda[/name]'s best friend is named [name]Lavender[/name]. Probably twin girls would think that was awesome! And the book is wickedly funny.

2. [name]How[/name] are you planning to pronounce [name]Annelise[/name]? My name is [name]Annelise[/name] and I pronounce it ah-na-lee-zah. By far the most common first-read is [name]Anna[/name]-lease, and I consider myself lucky if someone learns to call me [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Lisa[/name]. As a pretty patient person, I don’t care much that my name is constantly mispronounced and misspelled, but that is definitely something to keep in mind with [name]Annelise[/name]! None of the other names on your list seem to invite that problem (except, perhaps, for people who don’t know how to spell [name]Lavender[/name]).

[name]Lavender[/name] is NOT an out there name its just ahead of its time but its not that far off. I really like that it reminds u of your Grandma. [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Cate[/name] as a middle name is really nice. FYI i like [name]Magnolia[/name] nn [name]Nola[/name], [name]Noli[/name], or maggie as a first name.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]- too long and too many repeating letters double tt and nn
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]- ok
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]- ok

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]- nn mattie seems a little generic
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]- cute

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]- very nice also like [name]Kate[/name] w [name]Lavender[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]- nn addie not so exciting to me

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]- very sweet [name]ROSE[/name] needs to be used as a first name!!!

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]- or cate [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]- nice
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]- flow a little off

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]- both eloise combos are cute
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (you said anne had specia mening to your family)

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] hoe cute [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]!!!

[name]Do[/name] u like [name]Clover[/name]? To me it sounds vintage maybe for a middle name?

[/quote]

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I did briefly consider using [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name for [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I am not sure if you know, but it is my fn and a name that I really love. I have always loved my name! But is it ok to give one child the mother’s name?[/quote]

I think it would be great to give your daughter your first name [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name. So sweet.
It is great that [name]Henry[/name] has arrived in time for the twins to be born. It will be such a bonding experience for all of you!

Thank you so much [name]Annelise[/name]! You can see why I am having such a hard time deciding. Twins are kind of difficult to name. You think that it would be easy cause you have two options to use names you love, but you have to love them equally!

I am pronouncing [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Anne[/name]-ah-leez. I also like the way you pronounce it too.

I have a 2.5 year old daughter too who loves [name]Matilda[/name]! [name]Lavender[/name] is also used in [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] - a book that my newly adopted son and I love!

[/quote]

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I did briefly consider using [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name for [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I am not sure if you know, but it is my fn and a name that I really love. I have always loved my name! But is it ok to give one child the mother’s name?[/quote]

This is really funny. I put [name]Matilda[/name] got to go. I had to go eat dinner, but it looks like I’m suggesting got to go as a middle name. Sounds like the poor baby would have to urinate frequently!

[/quote]

This is really funny. I put [name]Matilda[/name] got to go. I had to go eat dinner, but it looks like I’m suggesting got to go as a middle name. Sounds like the poor baby would have to urinate frequently![/quote]

LOL! I was wondering about that! I thought maybe you had meant… its good to go OR that its got to go as in… you have to use it… or you have to NOT use it…

[name]Hi[/name] there! :slight_smile: I wonder if they’ll be [name]October[/name] or [name]November[/name] babies. I’m just so excited for you and your family. I loved reading about how the kids are doing, and am sure that [name]Henry[/name] will become more comfortable with you in time. He sounds so sweet and adorable. I love how [name]Dottie[/name] enjoys playing with him. She’s the cutest!

I totally hear you about [name]Matilda[/name] needing a soft middle, and completely agree. I think of [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] as being soft-sounding, which [name]Charlotte[/name] does have a bit of a harder edge to me. I love them all. :slight_smile:

I think of [name]Dorothy[/name] more like I do [name]Matilda[/name] (but not hard), and I think [name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] as being more like [name]Henry[/name]. ([name]Eloise[/name] works with [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] to me, as does [name]Matilda[/name].) In the end, I think it’s more important for you to choose names you love, regardless of if they’re more [name]Henry[/name] than [name]Dorothy[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]: I think this is gorgeous!

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]: I love this, too. :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]: Cute!

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]: I grew attached to this, and am happy to see it here. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]: I think this is great, too.

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: I think that I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] better, because the sss sound in [name]Annelise[/name] compete’s with the sh sound in [name]Charlotte[/name] to me.

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]: I love this! So spunky! I think that [name]Lavender[/name] is great with [name]Dorothy[/name]!

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]: I love it!

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this!

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]: I think this is beautiful…

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]: I so love this!

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name]: Ditto, but I hear a bit of the word “skate” when I say it out loud. After giving birth two twins for a total of 4 kids and 4 dogs, I think you deserve to have a baby named after you!

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: Pretty…I’m so used to seeing it with [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]: Pretty…

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]: I like the flow of some of the other [name]Annelise[/name] combos better.

I love them all, but I think that my absolute favorites are:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (skate and all) :slight_smile:
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

Um…yeah…I pretty much listed every combo! :slight_smile:

I love:
[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] (then again, they’re characters from [name]Matilda[/name])
:slight_smile:

Seriously, you can’t go wrong here. It’s impossible! Which pairs are you leaning toward?

[/quote]

I think it would be great to give your daughter your first name [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name. So sweet.
It is great that [name]Henry[/name] has arrived in time for the twins to be born. It will be such a bonding experience for all of you![/quote]

[name]Will[/name] one twin think that she is more special than the other because she got mom’s name?

I agree, with [name]Henry[/name]'s arrival. We had talked about him coming before the twins so that he could feel like he was part of that. One of the reasons we made the push to move him down as soon as possible. We still need to make a trip back to his hometown to work some things out, but because I technically could go into labor at any point now, we are putting that on hold. My doctor is actually surprised that I haven’t yet, due to everything that has been going on. Ope, kids are both up. got to go! lol.

To add to my last post, did [name]Roselyn[/name] not make the cut? I loved [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] ____ [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] got to go
[name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] ____ need a middle name. This probably is my favorite name right now, but I am just not 100% sure if I can use it.
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]

Great thinking to include [name]Henry[/name] in this exciting time for the fam.

You could give one twin the middle name [name]Kate[/name] and the other twin could have a feminine version of your dh’s name or middle name for a middle name. Or the other twin could have your middle name for her middle name. Or one of her grandmas’ middle or first names. That would work. My fave idea is for one twin to have [name]Kate[/name] as a middle and the other twin to have a feminine version of one of your dh’s names. Or it could have the same meaning as one of his names. So cool.
Example: My husband is [name]Kent[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]. So a feminine version of [name]Kent[/name] is [name]Kendra[/name] or it could just be [name]Kent[/name]. [name]Andrew[/name] could become [name]Andrea[/name].

I understand your concern about one twin feeling favoritism if she has [name]Kate[/name] as a middle name thats y i suggested one twin be named [name]Lavender[/name] (since t would be in honor of ur grandma) and the other twin have your name as a mn that way both would have meaning. As long as you give the non [name]Kate[/name] twin a meaningful/family middle or first name this could work.

dotsmom what a lovely association you have with the name [name]Lavender[/name], no wonder you love it so much.