10 weeks left to pick a boy's name!

So far we have a small list of names that we like, however these names have received a pretty negative reaction from just about everyone! I think these people are just out of touch with what’s in fashion, but I would like some very honest comments from people who are interested in names and don’t care about offending me!
The names so far:
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]

Also, if you have any other name suggestions, I’d love to hear them!

[name]Felix[/name] - love love love. For me, a fresher alternative to the popular [name]Max[/name].
[name]Tobias[/name] - I love this as well, and nn [name]Toby[/name]. [name]Just[/name] like [name]Felix[/name], I think it’s due a revival as it fits into current trends but won’t ever become ridiculously trendy and sounds really fresh
[name]Axel[/name] - I only think of [name]Axel[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. For me, it’s too hard and a bit too celeb-style name.
[name]Otto[/name] - I like [name]Otto[/name], but I prefer [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] much more.

Good luck! Let us know if you’d like other suggestions, but I think with your first two you can’t go wrong!

[name]Felix[/name] - [name]Felix[/name] is great. Its spunky, grows up well, and not popular, but not unheard of.
[name]Tobias[/name] - [name]Tobias[/name] has grown on me, but I don’t really like the nickname [name]Toby[/name].
[name]Axel[/name] - [name]Axel[/name] is really harsh to my ears, and all I see is ‘ax’ which makes me think violence.
[name]Otto[/name] - [name]Otto[/name] is great, too! [name]Just[/name] like [name]Felix[/name], it’s spunky, fresh, but not unheard of.

So, off your list I would pick [name]Felix[/name] or [name]Otto[/name].

If you’re still looking for suggestions, how about:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]/[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Killian[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]/[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]

[name]Felix[/name]- love it but always think of potential bullying with the feel-licks sound of the names also depends on the surname after it
[name]Tobias[/name]- love and love the nn toby
[name]Axel[/name]- tough name
[name]Otto[/name]- cute i like it

Also how about
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
Finlo
[name]Jago[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
Jaegar
[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Phinneas[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
I must say that [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] are the top two ‘contenders’ at the moment, and I agree that [name]Axel[/name] is a bit harsh-sounding. But it’s good to get opinions!
I love [name]Otto[/name] and the more I hear it, the more I love it, but people here seem to think it’s totally weird (we live in Australia currently but will be moving to [name]Washington[/name] state early next year).
Of the name suggestions, my favourites would be [name]Tobin[/name], [name]Roman[/name] and [name]Dexter[/name]. I also [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Oscar[/name] but it rhymes with our last name! Not an exact rhyme but close enough to sound ridiculous! So we can’t use that unfortunately.

[name]Felix[/name]- I’m sorry… it feels like the name of a cat tom me:(

[name]Tobias[/name]- love! By a long shot my favorite of this list. The nn [name]Toby[/name] is super cute!

[name]Axel[/name]- feels celebrity-ish to me and the first think I hear is ‘ax’ which might not be the best association you want for your son

[name]Otto[/name]- cute but one) reminds me of Toto from [name]Dorothy[/name] of [name]Oz[/name], two) it doesn’t feels like a name that could age well and three) I prefer [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] more than [name]Otto[/name]

Some names you may like (and I apologize for the gaping style differences… I didn’t quite gather your styles from the names listed above:):

[name]Leonardo[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name] (or just [name]Leo[/name] by itself)
[name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Max[/name] (same as Leo0
[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]/[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]

I love [name]Otto[/name]! It’s easy to spell and sounds familiar…yet I’ve never actually met one.

I also really like [name]Tobias[/name].

[name]Felix[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]! Great name with a great meaning.
[name]Tobias[/name]: Another fav, the nickname [name]Toby[/name] is so cute!!
[name]Axel[/name]: Too harsh, not a favorite of mine.
[name]Otto[/name]: I wish I could like this name but I don’t…

So, my favorites are [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] by far. What about [name]Felix[/name] [name]Tobias[/name], to use them both?

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Felix[/name]: I really like this name…

[name]Tobias[/name]: I think this is great, too…

[name]Axel[/name]: I’m not a fan of [name]Axel[/name]…

[name]Otto[/name]: It reminds me of Auto, but I think it’s a cool name…

From your list, I really love [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name]. :slight_smile:

You may also like (or hate):

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions! I love the name [name]Theodore[/name] (would be called [name]Theo[/name]) but I know a few people with pet cats named [name]Theo[/name]…and I found out that there’s quite a few serial killers called [name]Theodore[/name]. I know, I’m weird!
I guess my ‘style’ is eclectic. I like what I like…not very helpful, I know! So far the names that appeal to me the most are ones that are uncommon, but ones that most people have heard of. I think everyone has heard the name [name]Felix[/name], for example, but they might not know anyone with that name (I don’t know anyone with the names I picked out so far).
I also like names with an European influence or feel…I believe the four names are of European origin and are more popular in those countries than they are in Australia or the US. I work in child care so I hear a lot of the same names every day and would really like to avoid this. It’s also important to me that the name would suit a child, teen, adult, old man etc. I like imagining the name on a desk nameplate, for example, or saying it with the prefix ‘[name]Doctor[/name]’ or ‘[name]Judge[/name]’!