Discourse: 100 Days In (plus 200 day and 365 day updates)

I know in my case, I used to just quietly leave when I had to take a break for school :joy: Now I feel like, A) because I’m more active and B) because I’m a moderator, I feel like I should announce when I leave? :woman_shrugging: I don’t know that the system functioning more like social media is a factor for me, as I’ve always taken breaks here and there for a few days (or a month, sometimes :joy:), but I guess I could see how it could impact some in that way!

1 Like

That’s true. For example, a teenberry friend wanted to have a break to focus on school but later they said “but then I can’t get the devotee badge!” and just limited their time on here, not a break.
I want to check all my notifications, and that takes a lot of my time because in every 15 minutes I log in to see any new notifications (and can’t leave the website after this)

4 Likes

It’s been a year since the switchover from the old forum to Discourse!!

I can now say I’ve officially grieved the loss of sigs and the look of the old site and unequivocally prefer the current setup.

8 Likes

The only thing I miss is font/colour options for signatures. Other than that Discourse is lovely

9 Likes

Yeah, I joined after the switch but I remember when I lurked for a few years (I was a child-ish/teen age so I didn’t join then) that was something I remember very vividly were the signatures. And the iconic green color too hah

1 Like

Ugh, yes! I would decorate all of my posts with unreasonable amounts of colourful fonts.

2 Likes

Same went for my signatures!