15 weeks and looking for naming suggestions.

First off let me introduce myself since it’s my first time posting here. I was referred to this site by a friend. My names [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] (which I find really boring) and I’m 18 years old will be 19 in a few weeks. This pregnancy was not planned, but I feel secure enough in my life that I’m ready to take on motherhood. Now to the baby name fun. I have this obsession with nautical names especially for girls. I really love the names [name_f]Harbor[/name_f] or [name_u]Navy[/name_u], but the bf not so much. I’m wondering what other name options there are as far as both girl and boy names that have sort of an ocean / nautical vibe. Also what are your opinions on naming your child after your significant other without them being a junior? I really love my bf’s name [name_m]Jaren[/name_m], but he refuses to become a Sr. at 20 (can’t say I blame him) [name_m]Just[/name_m] looking for some ideas on how to even begin this process.

Congratulations!

[name_f]Maren[/name_f] - rhymes with [name_m]Jaren[/name_m] which could be a cute connection (or too much, depending on your perspective!)
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Saylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m]
[name_u]Cruz[/name_u]

Congrats! I really like both of the girl names you had listed, both [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] and [name_u]Navy[/name_u] are guilty pleasures of mine.

Other nautical ideas:
[name_u]Dune[/name_u]
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]
[name_u]Blue[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Atlanta[/name_f]

According to nameberry, [name_m]Jaren[/name_m] is a form of [name_m]Jared[/name_m] which means “descent”. Some ideas similar to [name_m]Jaren[/name_m]/[name_m]Jared[/name_m]:
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_f]Taryn[/name_f]
[name_m]Jarrett[/name_m]

Congratulations!! [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] and [name_u]Navy[/name_u] are so cute!

Girls:

[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_f]Marine[/name_f]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Azura[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]

Similar to [name_m]Jaren[/name_m]:

[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Laren[/name_u]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Boys:

[name_m]Tide[/name_m]
[name_m]Cove[/name_m]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Cabot[/name_m]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Royal[/name_u]

SImilar to [name_m]Jaren[/name_m]:
[name_u]Jaden[/name_u]
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_m]Jarden[/name_m]
[name_m]Aren[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

Thanks for all the suggestions! A lot of them I would have never even thought of on my own so I appreciate the help!

For girls I like [name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]/[name_f]Oceane[/name_f], [name_f]Oceania[/name_f], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_m]Rivers[/name_m], [name_u]Brooke[/name_u], [name_f]Aqua[/name_f] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]. For boys I like [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_m]Reef[/name_m], [name_m]Cove[/name_m], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], Mariner, [name_u]Marlin[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_m]Rivers[/name_m], [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_u]Blue[/name_u].

I don’t see any problem with using his name without the “jr.” I would just give the baby a different middle name, I thought they’re only a jr. if they have the same first middle/s and last name all together anyways but I could be wrong. Also you could do something similar, a different form of the name, a shortened version or a name with a similar meaning to honor him (or just use [name_m]Jaren[/name_m] as a middle since you really like it).