18 days left, and another name has popped up!

See the results of this poll: Keep or eliminate Edward "Eddie?"

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Yay : 23 (85%)
  • Nay: 4 (15%)

If [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is what you love, go for it. At this point, you’re over-thinking it. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if others go on to call him [name_m]Ed[/name_m], [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] can still be mom and dad’s special nickname for him… [name_m]Just[/name_m] like when I call my daughter [name_f]Anita[/name_f] or my son Snowflake when it’s just us at home.

I agree with you, I love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and like [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] but dislike [name_m]Ed[/name_m]. If you love the name then absolutely use it but if you’re that concerned with the possibility of [name_m]Ed[/name_m] I would rule it out. It is extremely likely that he will be [name_m]Ed[/name_m] when he is older because it is more grown up than [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] and shorter than [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. My best advice would be make the switch to [name_m]Edward[/name_m] from [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] when he reaches teens to avoid that. But I really love [name_m]Edward[/name_m]!
[name_m]Will[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m], and [name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddie[/name_m] is super super cute.

I actually prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddie[/name_m] to the other names on your list.

There’s a pretty decent chance he’ll end up going by [name_m]Ed[/name_m] in adulthood, but i don’t see it as a “childish” NN the way I see others ([name_u]Bobby[/name_u], [name_u]Willie[/name_u], [name_m]Timmy[/name_m], etc)…I know a number of adult Eddies. And even if he goes by [name_m]Ed[/name_m] with friends, you all can still call him [name_m]Eddy[/name_m]. I think it depends how much you dislike [name_m]Ed[/name_m]. [name_m]Will[/name_m] it annoy you to hear his friends call him that or see him sign his name like that on your birthday card when he’s 16? If not, I’d use it, but if so, id pick something different.

I love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and I actually prefer it from your others names. Its such a handsome name! My favorite combo is [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Collins[/name_u] “[name_m]Eddie[/name_m]”.

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] is one of my favourite names and I love [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] too. It goes perfectly with your sibling names. Your other choices fit in well too but I definitely prefer [name_m]Eddie[/name_m].

I absolutely adore the name [name_m]Edward[/name_m] nn [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]!

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Edward[/name_m] but with the nickname [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] I kind of like it a lot! I wouldn’t worry too much about [name_m]Ed[/name_m]. Like you mentioned, you will call him [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] so he will grow up hearing [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], and by the time it could potentially change it his identity will be established.
From your combos, I prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Collins[/name_u]

What are the other choices on your list? It would be good to be able to compare them. You mentioned [name_m]Nate[/name_m], [name_m]Ben[/name_m] and [name_u]Sam[/name_u]. Are they just nicknames? If so, I dont like [name_m]Ben[/name_m] and [name_u]Sam[/name_u], but I love [name_m]Nate[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Both of the Edwards I know are adults, and both go by [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]. I wouldn’t worry too much about his becoming an [name_m]Ed[/name_m]. Good luck choosing!

Maybe he’ll do [name_m]Ned[/name_m] instead (I love [name_m]Ned[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]Edward[/name_m])! While [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is my favorite, [name_m]Edward[/name_m] fits really well with your sibset so I’d go for it.