2 names and 8 days until due date, help!

Hello all, we are expecting our first child, a boy, in 8 days! After much consideration and nameberry lurking, my husband and I have narrowed it down to 2 names… Please let us know your opinions and help us to decide! Thanks in advance :smiley:

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Derrick[/name] B(two syllables)
[name]Cassius[/name] [name]Derrick[/name] B (nn [name]Cass[/name])

[name]Derrick[/name] is my husband’s middle name, so it stays :slight_smile:

Neither are my style am afraid I see “silage” when I see [name]Silas[/name] and I read Casio which is a make of electric piano/keyboard and picture Romans when seeing [name]Cassius[/name]. But you obv love them so ignore me! I say take both names with you and decide when you meet him! [name]Love[/name] [name]Derrick[/name] btw! Best of luck! [name]Val[/name] x

Definitely [name]Cassius[/name]. I love that name too. [name]Silas[/name] just reminds me of the character in the Da [name]Vinci[/name] Code who wasn’t the nicest guy.

I like them both! :slight_smile:

I know a little boy named [name]Silas[/name], and his parents get tons of compliments on his name.

[name]Cassius[/name] feels a bit feminine to me…probably because it reminds me of [name]Cassandra[/name], but I also get a [name]Cassius[/name] [name]Clay[/name] connection (aka [name]Muhammad[/name] [name]Ali[/name]), which makes it a whole lot manlier!

I agree with previous poster, take them both to the hospital and decide when you meet him!

[name]Silas[/name]!

This is a fantastic name.

While I like [name]Cassius[/name], and love the nickname [name]Cass[/name], I just don’t think it will stick. I think his nickname will become [name]Cash[/name] b/c that’s how [name]Cassius[/name] is pronounced. I really am not fond of the name [name]Cash[/name], nickname or not, at all.

I really like [name]Silas[/name] but I’m not a fan of [name]Cassius[/name] at all and I agree with the idea that his nickname would inevitably become [name]Cash[/name], which I really don’t care for.

I honestly like them both, but prefer [name]Silas[/name] (no particular reason :wink: )

Thanks so much, guys!! I love the idea of taking the names to the hospital and deciding when we see his sweet face. I’m leaning towards [name]Silas[/name] though, especially after reading your comments. I don’t like the nn [name]Cash[/name] either, so that’s a big factor for me.

[name]Happy[/name] Holidays everyone!

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Derrick[/name]!

My son’s middle name is [name]Silas[/name]. It would have been his first name, but my husband didn’t like it. It was my great uncle’s name (even though he went by [name]Frank[/name]). He was a great man =).

[name]Silas[/name] is an awesome name. Pick that one.

I think they’re both awesome, but [name]Cassius[/name] [name]Derrick[/name] wins by a smidge for me! Good luck!