2 names you ADORE but aren't brave enough to use?

Think of your 2 biggest guilty pleasure names (one girl and one boy) that you are in love with but are way too out there for you to use.

Mine:

Girl-[name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
I adore this name so much but wouldn’t use it because I feel it’s too much. I would use it for a middle though.

Boy-[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
Probably not too out there for many people, but for me it is somehow.

2 Likes

Girl ~ [name_f]Sappho[/name_f]
Boy ~ [name_m]Acacius[/name_m]

1 Like

Girl - [name_u]Echo[/name_u]
Boy - [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]

I have many more but these came to mind :blush:

2 Likes

Boy - [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
Girl - [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Boy- [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]
Girl- [name_f]Velvet[/name_f]

…and I still would use them, but prob not as first names. I don’t think I’m put off at all by obscurity.

Ummm… most of the names I love are also names that I’m brave enough to use :joy: Maybe it’s jus that I don’t let myself fall in love with crazy names.
Right now my most out-there names for each gender are [name_f]Aderyn[/name_f] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] (girl-boy respectively)

Oh, but if we include names that we would only use in the middle, then Seabird and [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]!

2 Likes

Yes!

Girl - [name_u]Snow[/name_u], Ettel
Boy - [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] (not that strange tbh)

Girl - [name_f]Poem[/name_f]
Boy - [name_u]Arrow[/name_u]

Hyacinth (on a boy!) and [name_f]Jadwiga[/name_f]

Dasher! I have loved the nickname [name_u]Dash[/name_u] forever but I don’t really think it can stand on its own. I’ve tried so hard to like [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] but it’s just so bland and has a weird sound to me. I would totally use Dasher however I think everyone would think of the one of [name_f]Santa[/name_f]’s reindeer.

Katniss, my absolute love! I have loved this name since I’ve read the books. That character means so much to me. It’s the book that got me into reading. I love her strength, bravery, sarcasm, and everything else that is [name_f]Katniss[/name_f]. She’s who I want my daughter to be like. I don’t think I could use it now just bc everyone knows about The Hunger Games. Maybe in the future when the popularity has died down.

A lot of my names would be other people’s guilty pleasures that I would use in a heartbeat. Ones I probably wouldn’t use would be [name_f]Druscilla[/name_f] and Wraith which NB doesn’t say is a name so [name_u]Neptune[/name_u] (although I would use [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] right this second)

1 Like

(my whole list?)

boy - taeyang
i love it, but i’m not korean and there’s exactly a 0.1% chance of it not getting butchered

girl - hallie
language issues :expressionless:

[name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] (g)
[name_u]Fox[/name_u] (b)

3 Likes

Girl ~ [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Boy ~ [name_u]Rohan[/name_u]

Girl: [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
Boy: [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]

Bluebell & [name_m]Ernie[/name_m] :confused:

Hmm…

Forest & [name_u]River[/name_u] for boys I love both these names they are just handsome and have such lovely imagery. I honestly love seeing these names in use but personally wouldn’t feel brave enough to use them. I think people’s reactions definitely my family’s reaction would put me off using these names.

Meadow for girls this name is so pretty and delicate again with lovely imagery. [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] is just upbeat and happy. But again I think people’s reactions especially my family’s to [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] would be too much.

Pink and [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] ! i would consider [name_f]Pink[/name_f] as a middle, but i think [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] is just too attached to the adventure time character for me …

Girl: [name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f]-It’s so beautiful, but probably too “heavy” for a first name. I would use it for a middle though.
Boy: [name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]-Same as with [name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f].

1 Like

Girl - [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_u]Snow[/name_u]
Boy - [name_m]Varian[/name_m]