2 plus.......TWO?!!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone, I’m a longtime lurker, having found this site after naming my two boys. But now I have a challenge for you wonderful namers! Twins! We’re a little bit stumped at the moment - we always thought naming was pretty easy, but not apparently two at once having used our favourite names already! So here’s the lowdown…

I have two boys:

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Aloysius[/name] Revere is 5, and was an easy peasy name job. [name]Beckett[/name] was in part a tribute to my sister [name]Rebecca[/name], to whom I’m very close, but also a nod to my and DH’s love of literature. We usually call him [name]Beck[/name]. [name]Aloysius[/name] is a family name, but one which I think is pretty fantastic! And Revere is just a name we both loved - the way it sounds, what it means, whole package!!

Next was slightly harder -

[name]Keyes[/name] [name]Crawford[/name] [name]Valor[/name] is 3. [name]Keyes[/name] is from [name]Matthew[/name] 16:19, to do with the keys of the kingdom of heaven. The symbol of my school was also the cross keys, and this little boy really was the key that unlocked a lot of doors after a hard time. we added an extra ‘e’ so it wouldn’t just look quite so obvious we’d named our child after keys!! [name]Crawford[/name] was a family name we wanted to honor, and [name]Valor[/name] was in the same vein as Revere - we just loved it!

So now we’re looking to name two more chubbchubbs and I do have a few requirements. I want to continue the 2 middles tradition, mostly because it’s what I myself have and always loved having two middles. I want them to be abstract nouns like Revere and [name]Valor[/name], and, as their twins, I’d like it if they connected or reflected each other in some way. We’re searching for another family name for the first middle! We have decided not to find out the sex of the babies until their born, so need to be prepared for all eventualities!!

This is what we’ve come up with so far:

Boys-

[name]Wilder[/name] - definitely the frontrunner, my favourite at least! I loved the books by [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name] when I was a child, and this makes me think of all the themes in her books, my childhood, and where my love for reading started. We like [name]Wiley[/name] as a nickname.
[name]Crewe[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]March[/name] - I think this could work, It would be pretty strong, and nn [name]Mars[/name] is super cool!
[name]Pax[/name] - I think this could work as one of the 2 middles?
[name]Reef[/name]

Girls -

[name]Boheme[/name] - the girls frontrunner, i love its flow and meaning. However, I’m unsure about it because inevitably she’d be called [name]Bo[/name] and is it too much to have a [name]Beck[/name] and a [name]Bo[/name]?
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Vesper[/name]
[name]Dove[/name] - love this, but think I’d want a longer name maybe? The symbol of peace.
[name]Zephyr[/name] - have loved this since I was a child
[name]Blythe[/name] - adore this and I’m not even sure why, but it just makes me feel happy, apt as it means happy!
[name]Pascale[/name] - also loving this one. I knew a girl called [name]Pascale[/name] once and she wore it so well it makes me think it’s so awesome! Also like that nn could be [name]Paz[/name] - also meaning peace!!

So there you have it. Not a great list so far, much to work on considering we’ve got to find SIX names!! Still thinking on family names- will get back to you on that!! So please help!!! Thanks in advance!!

[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Pax[/name] Deity (means divinity)
&
[name]Juno[/name] [name]Paz[/name]/[name]Pascale[/name] [name]Honor[/name]

[name]Zephyr[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] Halo
&
[name]Crew[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] Nimbus

[name]Boheme[/name] FamilyName Halo and [name]Pascale[/name] FamilyName [name]Aurora[/name]

I think you should continue the “family name as first middle” trend, so I can’t give suggestions for those:

GG
[name]Vesper[/name] (evening) _______ [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] (dawn) _______ [name]Merritt[/name]

[name]Boheme[/name] ______ [name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] ______ [name]Clemence[/name] ([name]Minerva[/name] is the [name]Roman[/name] goddess of poetry, wisdom, crafts -seem very bohemian to me!)
BB
[name]Wilder[/name] ______ [name]Concord[/name]
[name]Alcott[/name] (or another author, but I have a soft spot for [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name]) _______ [name]Victor[/name]

GB
[name]Boheme[/name] ________ [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Cyril[/name] _______ [name]Asher[/name] (St. [name]Cyril[/name] is the patron saint of Bohemians and both [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] mean happy)

B/B Twins:

[name]Wilder[/name] (family name) Makepeace
[name]Conrad[/name] (family name) [name]Noble[/name]

G/G Twins:

[name]Juno[/name] (family name) [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] (family name) Wonder

B/G Twins:
[name]Wilder[/name] (family name) Makepeace
[name]Juno[/name] (family name) [name]Verity[/name]

Other [name]Virtue[/name] Names

Solace
Lovejoy/Loveday
[name]Remember[/name]
Steadfast
[name]Justice[/name]
[name]Wisdom[/name]
Providence
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Loyal[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Clemency[/name]
[name]Freedom[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Harmony[/name]

wow i love the name beckett/beck! so adorable… personally i would choose [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name]… in the girls i like [name]Boheme[/name]… beautiful names!

[name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Ignatius[/name] are pretty awesome. [name]Love[/name] [name]Juno[/name] ([name]Roman[/name] equivalent of [name]Hera[/name]), but remember the movie of the knocked up sixteen year old starring [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Paige[/name]? Yeah, her name was [name]Juno[/name]. [name]Dove[/name] is lovely. [name]How[/name] about [name]Paloma[/name]? It means “[name]Dove[/name]” in Spanish.

[name]Keyes[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] are great names!

Your list of names really reminds me of Girls Gone Child’s [name]Rebecca[/name] Woolfes long list - you may want to head over to her blog and take a look at that. If i were you, already with a Revere, i would avoid using [name]Boheme[/name] since her twins are [name]Boheme[/name] and [name]Reverie[/name] (the combo has been talked about a lot on many blogs and boards so i would want to be more original!)

I too love [name]Blythe[/name] and love one of Rebeccas combos (seen on her long list) of [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name].

[name]Wilder[/name] is also a great name and i think he fits in great with [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Keyes[/name]. You may also like the name [name]Hawthorne[/name] nn [name]Hawk[/name] which is super cool with [name]Wilder[/name].

I also think [name]March[/name] is a cool name - though like him better in the middle spot.

you may also like:
[name]Hayes[/name] (a bit too close to keyes though)
[name]Duke[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Kiefer[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Cruise[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]

[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Matisse[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Veda[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]

all the best
xo [name]Viv[/name]

hey everyone, thanks for your replies, they’ve been great! I’m sorry I didn’t give you much to go on in the beginning!
Obviously one of the biggest factors are the middle names, the family ones, but we’ve been looking and thinking and we think we’ll probably go with both our mothers’ maiden names no matter the gender, seeing as we’ve honoured our fathers previously. So the first middles will be [name]Stone[/name] and [name]Kavanagh[/name]. A little harsh maybe on a girl, but the meaning behind them outweigh that, I think!

@sillysheila - i loved your suggestion of [name]Alcott[/name] - i think [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Alcott[/name] would make a brilliant twinset and I, like you, love [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name]. Unfortunately DH not so much :frowning: He dislikes the nn [name]Al[/name] or [name]Aly[/name] and thinks they would be an inevitability. But it is a great set!

@uniquenamelover- I have to say, the [name]Juno[/name] film reference doesn’t bother me at all. In some ways I almost think it’s a good thing because yes, although it’s about teen pregnancy, the character herself was a very strong girl, independent and feisty, which is just how I’d like any daughter of mine to be!

@vivtaliesin - thanks for the heads up on Girls Gone Child. I’m not much of a blog reader, but I did go and check it out after you mentioned it. What wonderfully named children! I’ll definitely be reading her blog from now on! I definitely see your point though, about [name]Boheme[/name] and Revere. On a side note, we [name]LOVE[/name] your suggestion of [name]Nova[/name]! I’d never really thought of it before, but I can just imagine calling her my little super[name]Nova[/name]! I think DH has fallen a little bit in love too, so at the moment I’d say that one of the girls names with be that!!

Also a small note - we are of Irish descent and our surname is one that starts with O’. We are not looking for anything too Irish though. Please keep suggestions coming, as we really want to think of as many possibilities as possible! A quick one to get feedback on - [name]Prosper[/name]. Thanks again!

[name]Hi[/name] there again!! I’ve been putting together a few combos to start me off - tbh I’m feeling quite lost, which I’m not used to! Please please please help me sort through this mishmash of names!!

Girls:

[name]Nova[/name] [name]Stone[/name] [name]Salome[/name]
[name]Nova[/name] [name]Stone[/name] [name]Arcadia[/name]
[name]Zaire[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Zaire[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] [name]Arcadia[/name]
[name]Pascale[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] Zeal
[name]Vesper[/name] [name]Stone[/name] Zeal
[name]Keziah[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] [name]Dove[/name]

Boys:

[name]Wilder[/name] [name]Stone[/name] Gusto
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] Nox
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] [name]Albion[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] [name]Concord[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name] [name]Stone[/name] [name]Verve[/name]
[name]Casimir[/name] [name]Stone[/name] [name]Prosper[/name]
[name]Prosper[/name] [name]Stone[/name] [name]Albion[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Stone[/name] [name]Albion[/name]
[name]Nash[/name] [name]Kavanagh[/name] [name]Pax[/name]

As you can see, it’s a bit of a jumble, although at the moment for B/G i’m favouring [name]Albion[/name] and [name]Arcadia[/name] as a 2nd middle pairing or [name]Verve[/name] and Zeal which I [name]LOVE[/name]. Please critique and advise, you’re all so good at it!! Thanks everyone!

Also love [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Alcott[/name]. Maybe nn Cott?
[name]Nova[/name] would be precious. [name]Nova[/name] [name]Kavanaugh[/name] [name]Prosper[/name]? I think it fits perfectly with your family :slight_smile:
[name]Wilder[/name] is my fav out of your boys. [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Stone[/name] Courage? I would love to use Courage if I had the opportunity.

Boys-

[name]Wilder[/name] - I love [name]Wiley[/name] as a nickname and in general find this very adorable.
[name]Crewe[/name] - It’s kinda boring
[name]Otto[/name] - I think this is very cute and goes well with your other children
[name]Conrad[/name] - Not my favorite.
[name]Ignatius[/name] I don’t think this fits as well with [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Keyes[/name].
[name]March[/name] - I had never considered this but I love it.
[name]Pax[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Reef[/name] - I don’t like this. I would prefer [name]Reeve[/name].

Girls -

[name]Boheme[/name] - I think having a [name]Beck[/name] and [name]Bo[/name] would be fine. It’s a cute name.
[name]Juno[/name] - As long as you don’t mind the movie association, this name is great.
[name]Vesper[/name] - Not my favorite.
[name]Dove[/name] - I love this. If it’s not your style for a first name, maybe it could go in the middle position?
[name]Zephyr[/name] - This is ok.
[name]Blythe[/name] - I think a baby [name]Blyth[/name] would be pretty adorable
[name]Pascale[/name] - This is wonderful and unexpected.

Some other names to consider:
[name]Marvel[/name]
Revrie
[name]Tru[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Clove[/name]
[name]Fable[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]