2 weeks left, back to square one

My wife and I are not sure of the gender of the baby, and we have chosen a girls name.

We had been tossing around [name]Piers[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] or [name]Pierce[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name].

My wifes cousin just named her newborn son [name]Price[/name]. We feel that [name]Piers[/name]/[name]Pierce[/name] is too close in name now and are back to the drawing board.

Here are our boy options to go with [name]Sloane[/name].

[name]Zane[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]ALbert[/name]
[name]Myles[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]James[/name]

Definitely [name]Reid[/name]. [name]Just[/name] as distinguished as [name]Piers[/name] without the burgeoning popularity of the other names. Also, I knew a young [name]Rhys[/name] I used to work with and he was hands down the sweetest boy I have ever met. He was always so pleasant.

I also like [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] the best! [name]Reid[/name] carries a lot of the same qualities [name]Pierce[/name]/[name]Piers[/name] does: it’s short, strong and handsome, recognizable but still uncommon. [name]Rhys[/name] is a little spunkier and matchs [name]Sloane[/name]'s Irish sound. The only one on your list I don’t care for is [name]Blaine[/name]–not that it’s a bad name, but because I find [name]Blaine[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] look too similarly structured with -ne endings, the L as the second letter, two vowels in the middle, etc.

Good luck!

I like:

[name]Reid[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]James[/name] better than [name]Reid[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name], but that is just me.
&
[name]Myles[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]James[/name]

Personally my favourites are [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Finn[/name], but I think [name]Rhys[/name] ages a lot more nicely. But in the end, I believe its whatever appeals to you the most and to your wife of course.

This is exactly what I’m thinking as well. [name]Reid[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] has a 1+1+2 pattern in regards to syllables, [name]Reid[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]James[/name] would be 1+2+1 which flows better. Two monosyllabic names in a row is very difficult to pull of.
[name]Reid[/name] and [name]Myles[/name] are my favourites with [name]Sloane[/name], and I love [name]Sloane[/name]'s full name. [name]Both[/name] [name]Thora[/name] and [name]Eunice[/name] is su surprising I’m charmed to pieces! ^^

[name]Reid[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] have a similar sound and feel to [name]Piers[/name] and [name]Pierce[/name].
I say go for one of those.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Pierce[/name]. Great pick.

[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] or [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] sound great together!

[name]Reid[/name] is my favourite too (even preferable to [name]Piers[/name] I think) and I also agree with others that the order flows better syllable-wise as 1+2+1 so:

[name]Reid[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Sloane[/name]

Although I see why you’ve gone for the order [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] as the way I’ve written it sounds sloppy so that [name]James[/name] runs into [name]Sloan[/name] and sounds like Jamesloan. Therefore:

[name]Reid[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]Sloane[/name] sounds better all together!

Congrats and good luck!
[name]Ginny[/name]

[name]Rhys[/name], [name]Zane[/name], and [name]Finn[/name] are my favorites! I really like them with [name]Sloane[/name]. I think [name]Rhys[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] sounds better with [name]Sloane[/name]'s name… [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] just seem perfect. I don’t think you could really go wrong with any of these choices, though!

I don’t think [name]Zane[/name], [name]Blaine[/name] or [name]Finn[/name] go well with [name]Sloane[/name].

I’d pick [name]Reid[/name] or [name]Rhys[/name].

I like all of your choices, except [name]Blaine[/name]. I love [name]Sloane[/name] with [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Finn[/name], & [name]Myles[/name]. Really nice!

[name]Blaine[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] doesnt sound as good as [name]Miles[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] because there is too much “a” sound for my liking though usually I dont mind this but like others have said the 1+1+2 combo is hard to pull off and 1+2+1 is usually more pleasing to the ears.

I think [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] [name]Zane[/name] could work where [name]Zane[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Albert[/name] doesnt (at least not for me). I like your [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] combo’s best.

I really like [name]Rhys[/name] as a brother to [name]Sloane[/name].

[name]Sloane[/name] is my daughters name, not my last name. I probably should have made that more clear.

I am a big fan of the name [name]Pierce[/name]. I have a friend who recently named her little boy [name]Pierce[/name], and it is a very distinguished, handsome name. I think that if your family and your wife’s cousin’s family (sorry for the convoluted sentence there…) will be together a lot, then maybe avoid the name. But if it is the name you really love, please go for it! If you won’t see her cousin very often, I don’t see it as much of an issue. My cousin recently named her baby boy [name]Scott[/name]. My dad’s name is [name]Scott[/name], but she really just liked the name. He’s not a namesake, and my dad very rarely sees his sister’s children. Anyway, all of that is to say that if you do feel like you should really pick another name my favorites are [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] both of those names! Congratulations and good luck!

[name]EDIT[/name]: I think that [name]Rhys[/name] sounds better as a sibling name to [name]Sloane[/name] than [name]Finn[/name] does. Because they are both one syllable and end in the -en sound, it can sound a little muddled when they are said together. ([name]Hope[/name] that makes sense.)

[name]Rhys[/name] is lovely