2 weeks to go and really need advice!!!

[name]John[/name] IV, [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Thayer[/name] (family name) are the top choices but we cannot decide. Any input would be so helpful. Our dd’s names are unisex (but more on girly side) but for boy we think name should be masculine. Thanks–

I just have to say this, [name]Thayer[/name] would make an excellently beautiful and unique name, and is the one that stands out form your choices… Of the others, I think I would rather be [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name] than [name]John[/name] IV, but that’s just my personal opinion…

[name]John[/name] [name]Thayer[/name] and [name]Thayer[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] are the best [name]Thayer[/name] combos using those names in my book… ^^

Good luck!

[name]John[/name] IV: I think it’s great that the name has family meaning to you, and if popularity isn’t an issue for you, I think [name]John[/name] is very handsome choice. (I think the nickname of [name]Jack[/name] is great!)

[name]Oliver[/name]: I love [name]Oliver[/name] so much, but I’m not sure how it sounds with your daughter’s more modern/unisex names. (This applies to [name]John[/name], too…)

[name]Anderson[/name]: I think of the bright, handsome [name]Anderson[/name] [name]Cooper[/name], probably because he’s the only [name]Anderson[/name] of whom I know. I think it’s handsome, clearly masculine, and works well with your daughters’ names.

[name]Thayer[/name]: I think it’s handsome, but I have to admit that when I hear this name, I think of someone lisping while trying to say “[name]Sayer[/name].” (It’s probably due to the movie On [name]Golden[/name] Pond, in which [name]Henry[/name] [name]Fonda[/name] talks about how [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn’s character, [name]Ethel[/name], became [name]Ethel[/name] [name]Thayer[/name] when she married his character. He says somthing like, “[name]Ethel[/name] [name]Thayer[/name]. Thounds like I’m lithsping.”) This is just me, though, but I still thought I’d share. :slight_smile:

From your list, I’m voting for [name]Anderson[/name], because I think its style works well with your daughters’ names. While I love [name]John[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name], I think a more modern-sounding surname works better here.

Some more names you may like (just for fun):

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name] (I think of this as a first name, but I’m listing it anyway…) :slight_smile:
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]/[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Pierson[/name]/[name]Piers[/name]/[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]John[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] is great!
[name]Anderson[/name] nn [name]Anders[/name] is so handsome. [name]Anders[/name] is Scandinavian.
[name]Thayer[/name] is a very distinctive middle name. As a first name, it’s not my style, but that’s just me. My favorite names are classic and vintage.

I love [name]Anderson[/name] [name]Thayer[/name] nn [name]Anders[/name] the most because it is both unusual and adorably handsome.

I like [name]Jonathan[/name] it would still have the flavour of family tradition without becoming the IVth.

[name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] makes a lovely combo.

If you have an European sounding surname then I would second [name]Anders[/name] as a first name.

[name]Anders[/name] [name]Thayer[/name]