20 weeks along, would love some help with our shortlists!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

I’m finally past the 20 week mark and DH has agreed to start the naming process :slight_smile: I gave him a list of 25-ish names for each gender (we declined to find out at the anatomy scan) and he has culled it down to 5 girl names and 4 boy names.

Our firstborn is [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] (THE most basic MN ever, but she shares it with myself, my mum and my Granny - all firstborn girls!) and I am very open to suggestions as “nothing leapt off the page” at my dear husband :wink:

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] (love)
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] (love)
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (like)
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] (like, but now that the name talk is getting a bit serious it feels a bit 1990s)
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (as above)

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (love)
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] (love)
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] (like)
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] (like)

Some of my favourites that DH crossed off the list were [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Keira[/name_f], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] and [name_m]Leonard[/name_m].

We’re wanting to honour the paternal side of the family this time for the middle name, and we are looking at…

[name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]

[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]

(Other MN options would be [name_u]Jean[/name_u] (my Gran’s name) or [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - I just love how sweet it sounds)

Would love to hear your suggestions for combos, or for other first names you think might fit for us :slight_smile: apologies for the information overload!!

With your honor mns-
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]

Out of your girls list-
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]- [name_f]Louise[/name_f] this may fit as a middle name, to some of your other girl names as well.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] sounds really nice as well.
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

Honestly all of your boy names sound good with the honor names, and you can certainly find one you want to use out of them.

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] are my faves!
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] feels too 90s-ly, I don’t like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] or [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] doesn’t fit with any of your mn. I dislike [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] doesn’t go well with either [name_f]Zara[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], so [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is left.
From your boys’ list, I like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds perfect to me, but I also like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m].

My favorites from your girls list:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

My favorites from your boys list:
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

Combos I like:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

Other suggestions:
Vanessa
Veronica
Pheobe
Jillian
Alexandria
Caroline
Charlotte
Elizabeth
Deborah
Vincent
Marcus
Eric
Wesley
Joel
Dean
Nathan
Nicolas

I am also voting for [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]

Looking over your first and middle name lists, I would choose:

• [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
    [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] are two favorites of mine. I also like the combo [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

However, since you only LIKE [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], but you [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m], I’d recommend:

• [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
    or
  • [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] is great. [name_m]Callum[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] are not faves of mine, but I prefer [name_m]Callum[/name_m] over [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].

I think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] are nice names.

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Nancy[/name_f]

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]

With [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] I like [name_f]Laura[/name_f] the best as a sister, however [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is my favorite of your girl choices.
With [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] I like [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] the best as a brother, however [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is my favorite of your boy choices.

[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] (or [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] or [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u])
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] (I also like [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] quite a bit)

I think [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] sound like such a sweet pair of sisters! [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is my favorite combination.

For boys, [name_m]Callum[/name_m] is my favorite. I think [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is very handsome.

Best of luck!

My top 3 combos from your names would be:

Girl:

1. [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] (really love this!)
  2. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Nancy[/name_f]

(I think [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is beautiful in theory but just a bit too much r when you say it aloud).

Boy:

1. [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

My two cents…

To go w/[name_f]Bethany[/name_f], my favorites are [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] & [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] also has three syllables & is a classic-sounding name like [name_f]Bethany[/name_f], & [name_m]Callum[/name_m] is also classic-sounding but not commonly used, like [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]. I would use the spelling of [name_f]Luisa[/name_f], though.

Of the other choices, [name_f]Zara[/name_f] doesn’t fit at all style-wise w/[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]. [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] definitely sounds '90s. [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]'s fine & my second favorite is [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] are NMS & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] also seems very '90s.

For mns, [name_m]Callum[/name_m] goes well w/either [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Scott[/name_m]. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Luisa[/name_f] seems to go very well w/[name_f]Irene[/name_f]. Because of its a ending, [name_f]Ella[/name_f] seems like it would only go well w/a fn that doesn’t end in a. To me [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] still seems too dated to use. Same w/[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is just meh for me.

W/the alternate mns, I do like [name_f]Luisa[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] & [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]. Changing the spelling makes them more fresh [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m].
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] could be a girls name, I find it very pretty for one, That being said
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
(not huge fan of middle names suggested for girls, so adding a few others)
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Lori[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f](instead of laura?)
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_f]Lori[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_m]Calum[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]

alternatives to the names you suggested(have that as nickname, variation): [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_u]Ellison[/name_u], [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] (suits [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]!), [name_m]Calum[/name_m] (one l), [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (as a middle name, anagram of jean), [name_f]Erin[/name_f] (as a girls name?

hope this helps!

My picks would be [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] & [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]; second in line: [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] (could you pass off [name_f]Belle[/name_f] as honouring your [name_f]Ella[/name_f], or is it too much of a stretch for you?) & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] ([name_u]Elliot[/name_u] could also honor [name_f]Ella[/name_f] if you would really like to use it with another of your non-namesake favourites - [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], for example).

Thank you so much for all your responses, it’s so great to have the feedback. You guys have given me a lot to think about :slight_smile: Hopefully I’ll be back posting here in the not too distant future with our final choices!

[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]