2020’s Most Popular Names

Thoughts? :sob: You can find the list in SSA’s website.

New to the top 1000 (girls):
Kadence
Mazikeen
Laylani
Melani
Araceli
Zhuri
Aarya
Yamileth
Violette
Nathalia
Marisol
Marceline
Nyomi
Murphy
Aislinn
Artemis
Stormi
Loretta
Drew
Raya
Giavanna
Avayah
Shay
Etta
Jovie
Marlowe
Layne
Zoya
Iyla (not Lyla)
Cara
Aspyn
Khalani
Wrenley
Brynleigh
Noah
Scout
Denise
Ila
Jaylin
Denisse
Jianna
Leilany
Bellamy
Naya
Rosalia
Marleigh
Capri

Boys:
Rogelio
Willie
Eliezer
Korbyn
Harris
Everest
Davian
Bishop
Frankie
Duncan
Abner
Zyair
Murphy
Cillian
Lyric
Truett
Hakeem
Dion
Damir
Jones
Riggs
Marley
Coen
Cal
Shepard
Mccoy
Zev
Adler
Leif
Osiris
Avi
Kenji
Dior
Jakobe
Ocean
Rio
Karsyn
Ander
Jaxtyn

12 Likes

hmmm…

I like Olivia, Emma, Mia and Harper form the girls and I like all of the boys except Liam from the boys.

Nameberry’s top names trump Popular Baby Names I think…

1 Like

[name_f]Gianna[/name_f] absolutely skyrocketed! I wonder if it is related to [name_m]Kobe[/name_m] Bryant’s daughter :broken_heart:

I also didn’t realize how popular [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is!

9 Likes

Why is [name_u]Londyn[/name_u] more popular than [name_u]London[/name_u]? Also sooooo many spellings of [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. Sad to see [name_f]Camila[/name_f] getting so popular. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] are nice to see in the top 10, weird that [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is no longer in the top 5!

2 Likes

I am NOT surprised at all, maybe a little with [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was shocked to see [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] shoot up that high, too! That was my first thought.

3 Likes

Kobe jumped from 556 to 239, unsurprisingly :broken_heart:

but I also found …

king??? rank 171??? how???

10 Likes

I’m not surprised about most of the names. They don’t tend to change much each year.

The names beyond the Top 10 are much more interesting! [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] at 20? So many older, classic names rising?

This list coming out is like an early [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] present!

5 Likes

That’s what what I first noticed!

1 Like

[name_f]Karen[/name_f] is still there???

5 Likes

[name_f]Stormi[/name_f] made the top 1000! :heart_eyes:

also, only [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], [name_f]Alana[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Karissa[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Shauna[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_f]Angela[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Cherry[/name_f] from my list increased in popularity, the other 61 names all fell in popularity :joy:

[name_f]Gianna[/name_f], [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] and [name_f]Leilani[/name_f] shocked me the most for the top 100!

3 Likes

Liam is still number 1? How many years in a row is that now

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks for posting!
I wonder if [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] is getting more attention because of the singer.

[name_f]Denise[/name_f] (and Denisse) being “new to the top 1000” is curious. I wonder if it’s because of the fashion for names that end with -is, -ise (etc.) in the Latin American community.

5 Likes

4, as I remember :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering this as well!

1 Like

WOWZA!!! I thought it for sure would have changed in 2020

1 Like

Added the new names in top 1000 for both genders :slight_smile:

Gutted to see these rising in popularity for girls… [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] :sob:

4 Likes

[name_f]Naya[/name_f] is back in the top 1000, now at 758, which pleases me. [name_f]Naya[/name_f] Rivera was a great person and performer, it’s nice to see others recognise that.

8 Likes

[name_f]Araceli[/name_f] & [name_m]Hakeem[/name_m] are standouts to me, of the new-to-the-charts names. Both are gorgeous

2 Likes