2024 Name Questionnaire (rhodes2nowhere)

I’ve always loved these so much and it’s been awhile since the last one, so let’s do it!

I have to run out really quick but I’ll be back to participate in a bit! Have fun :))

Questions 🌞
  1. Your top boy, girl, and neutral name of today?

2. If you could only use names starting with the
    same letter, which letter would you choose?

3. If you could rename yourself, what do you think would suit you?

4. Your favorite occupational name?

5. If you could describe your naming style in only one word?

6. If you had to name (b/g) twins today, what would you name them?

7. Your favorite “O” name?

8. Your top 2 favorite botanical names?

9. Your top 2 favorite animal names?

10. A name you’re surprised isn’t more popular?

11. Your favorite celebrity baby name choice?

12. Looking at your lists, do most of your names start with vowels or consonants?

13. A popular name that you just can’t get into?

14. If you had to name 3 girls using only guilty pleasure names?

15. A name you didn’t like previously but is starting to grow on you?

16. Your top two favorite name meanings?

17. What you’d name 3 boys using names all from the same origin?

18. What do you focus on most in a name combo? Flow, vibe, meaning, aesthetic, other etc.?

19. Names from a culture outside of your own that you think deserve appreciation?

20. Your most frequented NB forum?

21. Your favorite place name?

22. If you had to use names from the top 10 in your country, which would you pick?

23. Your favorite name ending in “S”?

24. Berries who’s naming tastes you are most inspired by (@):

25. Your favorite combos currently on NB (@)

10 Likes

1] Clara, William and Emery!
2] I think it would have to be C - Clara, Catharine, Cecilia, Charles, Cedric, Casper, so many stunning options…
3] Kate or Ingrid
4] Pretty basic but Harper and Mason are lovely :joy:
5] Regal
6] William Arthur Sage & Clara Magdalene Primrose
7] Oscar & Ophelia
8] Rose & Fern
9] Kit & Kitty
10] Adeline (more common in the US, I think) - so classic and pretty, it seems very Brit-friendly to me!
11] Rose Opal Esme {Stacey Solomon}
12] I think consonants by a whisper
13] Florence & Jack (in the UK)
14] Ocean, Primrose & Coppelia ‘Lia’
15] I’ve come to see the appeal of Holland
16] Harriet (home ruler) & Mabel (loved)
17] Flow is vital to me; I need names that slip off the tongue
18] I think Russian names, especially for boys, are just stunning
19] Currently lurking in a lot in the baby name games!
20] Adelaide :heart_eyes:
21] I’d have a little Lily and Oscar - two names I adore anyway, such a cute pair!
22] Can’t go wrong with James
23] lovely Megan @may.rose and Tori @tori101 both have names I’m obsessed with, I couldn’t possibly chose between them
24] I’ll never truly be over @OctaviaMay’s Catherine Ophelia

7 Likes

Your top boy, girl, and neutral name of today?
[name_m]Sawyer[/name_m], [name_f]Desta[/name_f] & [name_f]Clove[/name_f]

If you could only use names starting with the
S my runner up would be C I think…

If you could rename yourself, what do you think would suit you? [name_f]Maren[/name_f] or [name_m]Robin[/name_m]

Your favorite occupational name? [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m]

If you could describe your naming style in only one word? Eclectic

If you had to name (b/g) twins today, what would you name them? [name_m]Sterling[/name_m] + [name_f]Desta[/name_f]

Your favorite “O” name? [name_f]Oona[/name_f] + [name_m]Otto[/name_m]

Your top 2 favorite botanical names? [name_f]Clove[/name_f] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

Your top 2 favorite animal names? [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] & [name_m]Bear[/name_m]

A name you’re surprised isn’t more popular? [name_f]Runa[/name_f] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m]

Your favorite celebrity baby name choice? [name_f]Apple[/name_f]

Looking at your lists, do most of your names start with vowels or consonants? Consonants

A popular name that you just can’t get into? [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

If you had to name 3 girls using only guilty pleasure names? [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] + [name_f]Kestrel[/name_f] + [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]

A name you didn’t like previously but is starting to grow on you? [name_f]Billie[/name_f] & [name_m]Otto[/name_m]

Your top two favorite name meanings?
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - compassionate friend
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - of the forest

What you’d name 3 boys using names all from the same origin? [name_m]Julius[/name_m] + [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] + [name_m]Silas[/name_m] (Latin)

What do you focus on most in a name combo? Flow, vibe, meaning, aesthetic, other etc: vibe/aesthetic

Names from a culture outside of your own that you think deserve appreciation?
[name_m]Matija[/name_m] - Croatian/Slavic
Cassim - Arabic
[name_f]Ruhi[/name_f] - Sanskrit
[name_f]Zahava[/name_f] - Hebrew

Your most frequented NB forum? Name of the [name_f]Day[/name_f]
Your favorite place name? [name_m]Rome[/name_m]

If you had to use names from the top 10 in your country, which would you pick? [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f] & [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]

Your favorite name ending in “S”? [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] & [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

Berries who’s naming tastes you are most inspired by (@): @SimiNova @tallemaja @Rosebeth @leafygreens

Your favorite combos currently on NB?

@readingreverie [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] [name_m]Murphy[/name_m] :face_holding_back_tears:
@Valynor [name_m]Henri[/name_m] [name_m]Laurent[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@namesareneat [name_f]Ludovica[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] :sparkling_heart:
@tallemaja [name_f]Madlenka[/name_f] [name_f]Flor[/name_f] :sun_with_face:

8 Likes
  1. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], & [name_f]Morgan[/name_f]
  2. Probably E. [name_f]My[/name_f] all-time favorite is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and I also love [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_m]Everett[/name_m], Eleanor…
  3. I’m not sure. But I’ve always thought I’d make a good [name_f]Emily[/name_f].
  4. I don’t really like that many but [name_f]Harper[/name_f] is nice.
  5. Timeless
  6. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] & [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
  7. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] (basic, I know) and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
  9. [name_m]Leon[/name_m] & [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] (I’m a big Catherine/Katherine fan)
  10. Definitely [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. She’s ranked 325 but I feel like she should be more popular.
  11. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_m]Carmine[/name_m] [name_m]Richie[/name_m], it’s just so sweet and classic and spunky!
  12. I would say the majority of my boys’ names lean consonants and my girls’ names lean vowels, but not by that much.
  13. [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. Guys, I’ve tried. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it sounds so so sweet, I just… can’t like it for some reason.
  14. [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], & [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] (what a jumbled up mess :joy:)
  15. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], & [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
  16. I always loved [name_f]Anna[/name_f] “favor, grace”, and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] “son of the right hand”.
  17. [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], & [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
  18. Usually flow and vibe. Meanings do take a part, but generally I tend to steer away from names with more undesirable meanings.
  19. Nairi/Nayiri (Armenian), Aleksandra/Oleksandra (Russian & Ukrainian), a lot of European names.
  20. I used to spend a lot of time in the Writer’s corner, but I’ve started running a bunch of tournaments, so lately I’ve been in the Bandwagon section a lot
  21. [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], & [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
  22. I’d probably have a [name_m]Noah[/name_m] and an [name_f]Emma[/name_f], super common, but I do adore them
  23. [name_m]James[/name_m] or [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
  24. Gosh, so many, but in terms of similar style, probably @may.rose, @Mary_Rose, @tori101, and @OctaviaMay. But everything is so so so lovely!!
  25. I’ve always loved @may.rose’s combos with [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], and basically any of @winterlyricalfox’s combos! [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_m]Bly[/name_m] is my longtime favorite!
8 Likes
  1. [name_m]Ananias[/name_m], [name_f]Alethea[/name_f], and [name_f]Mckenzie[/name_f]
  2. A
  3. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
  4. [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
  5. [name_f]Honor[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Wynn[/name_f] [name_m]Cecil[/name_m] and [name_f]Miri[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Orianna[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] and [name_m]Orrin[/name_m]
  9. [name_m]Bruin[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
  10. [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
  11. [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (Labrant Family)
  12. Consonants
  13. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
  14. [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], [name_f]Elisheva[/name_f], and Islawen
  15. [name_m]Kenan[/name_m]
  16. “Gift of God” and “Devoted”
  17. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Kenan[/name_m], and [name_m]Micah[/name_m]
  18. Flow
  19. Russian and Korean names
  20. Create a family
  21. [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]
  22. [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
  23. [name_m]Ananias[/name_m]
2 Likes

Fun!

[name_f]My[/name_f] answers

[name_m]Ozias[/name_m], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], and [name_m]Adair[/name_m]

1. If you could only use names starting with the

S! [name_f]Sarai[/name_f], [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_f]Solange[/name_f], [name_f]Sasha[/name_f], [name_f]Seren[/name_f], [name_m]Sol[/name_m], [name_f]Snow[/name_f], [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_m]Sky[/name_m], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], Storm…

1. If you could rename yourself, what do you think would suit you?

I want to say [name_f]Nell[/name_f] - not sure if it would actually suit

1. Your favorite occupational name?

[name_f]Sailor[/name_f] or [name_m]Mariner[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1. If you could describe your naming style in only one word?

eclectic :grin:

1. If you had to name (b/g) twins today, what would you name them today?

[name_f]Eadlyn[/name_f] and [name_m]Caedmon[/name_m]

1. Your favorite “O” name?

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] :gem:

1. Your top 2 favorite botanical names?

[name_f]Tansy[/name_f] and [name_f]Acacia[/name_f]

1. Your top 2 favorite animal names?

[name_f]Kestrel[/name_f] and [name_m]Fox[/name_m]

1. A name you’re surprised isn’t more popular?

[name_f]Carys[/name_f]!

1. Your favorite celebrity baby name choice?

I always enjoyed [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - along with [name_f]Rumi[/name_f], [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f], and [name_m]Keats[/name_m]!

1. Looking at your lists, do most of your names start with vowels or consonants?

Consonants, I think

1. A popular name that you just can’t get into?

[name_m]James[/name_m]

1. If you had to name 3 girls using only guilty pleasure names?

[name_f]Angharad[/name_f] Stargazer, Mithian [name_m]Wildfire[/name_m], and [name_m]Glow[/name_m] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

1. A name you didn’t like previously but is starting to grow on you?

[name_f]Sage[/name_f]!

1. Your top two favorite name meanings?

[name_f]Cherith[/name_f] → winter river

[name_f]Marlowe[/name_f] → driftwood

1. What you’d name 3 boys using names all from the same origin?

[name_m]Sholto[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m], [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_m]Torquil[/name_m] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Callum[/name_m]

1. What do you focus on most in a name combo? Flow, vibe, meaning, aesthetic, other etc.?

Balance! In terms of soft/strong sounds, familiar/unique vibes, grounded but whimsical imagery

1. Names from a culture outside of your own that you think deserve appreciation?

[name_f]Nour[/name_f], [name_f]Nadira[/name_f], [name_m]Isra[/name_m], and Dharshini

1. Your most frequented NB forum?

Girls, or [name_m]General[/name_m] Name discussion probablys?

1. Your favorite place name?

Carisbrooke :heart: or [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

1. If you had to use names from the top 10 in your country, which would you pick?

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

1. Your favorite name ending in “S”?

Too many :grin: [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] and [name_f]Carys[/name_f] probably, but also [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Lois[/name_f], [name_f]Avis[/name_f], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Tallis[/name_m], [name_f]Freydis[/name_f]

1. Berries who’s naming tastes you are most inspired by: @Wittyusername103 @seawillow @winterlyricalfox @Rosebeth @Youssarian @Carys1 @SparkleNinja18 @WildroseofJuillet @tori101 @heartwings and too many more!

2. Your favorite combos currently on NB (@)
    I’m thinking of:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_m]Ocean[/name_m] - @Mary_Rose
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]László[/name_m] - @heartwings
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - @autumn.leaves
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] - @seawillow
[name_m]Laertes[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Meridian[/name_m] - @winterlyricalfox

14 Likes
  1. Today they would be Valentin, Flora, and Robin!
  2. M names for sure! I love so many of them
  3. If I was changing my name legally, I think I’d pick Marianna with the nickname Maya!
  4. I don’t really care for any of them, maybe Shepherd?
  5. I guess “European” is the closest I could get with just one word!
  6. Maksim & Flora :yellow_heart:
  7. Oksana! But it’s not pronounced with an o sound, so if that doesn’t count, then Orestis
  8. Višnja (cherry) & Klementyna (clementine) :cherries:
  9. Alkyoni (kingfisher) & Vuk (wolf) :wolf:
  10. Louella / Luella!
  11. Couldn’t think of any for this one, I don’t really follow celebrities at all :sweat_smile:
  12. Consonants!
  13. Matilda - I understand why it’s so well-loved, I just don’t care for it myself!
  14. Love this question!! I think i’d do Erzsébet, Mădălina & Kirsikka - Erzsi, Lina & Kirsi (all 3 are GPs because I wouldn’t feel comfortable using a name from a language that I don’t speak)
  15. Aleksander! I didn’t use to care for any of the Aleks-/Alex- names but I really like them now!
  16. Achelois - “she who washes away pain” & Gedimina “to long for you and keep you in my mind”
  17. In a hypothetical scenario, I’d choose Cosmin, Nicolae & Liviu, all Romanian! In a realistic one, Orestis, Alexis & Nikolaos (Greek)
  18. Flow & vibe! Mainly vibe, but it needs to sound nice too. I also need to make it work linguistically in my head? I couldn’t do, I don’t know, an Estonian first name with an Italian middle name
  19. Most of my favourites are not from my culture, so I’ll just list a few random ones :sweat_smile: Sorin, Liene, Halina, Rumen, Milena & Anikó
  20. Honestly I just search by “latest”, but I guess General Name Discussion!
  21. Ozren, if it counts? It’s the name of a mountain, so kind of a place name
  22. My country doesn’t release a list of the most popular names here, although we do have statistics for the most common names. Out of those, I’d choose Katerina (Aikaterini) & Nikolas (Nikolaos)
  23. Amaryllis!
  24. @planetnames @blueylit @winterlyricalfox @acajou @the_common_fool @ethelmary
  25. anything by @rosepip
10 Likes
    [name_m]Jericho[/name_m], [name_f]Zaylie[/name_f], & [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

2. If you could only use names starting with the same letter, which letter would you choose?
    This is hard as my favourite boy names are all J but my favourite girls names tend to be K… I’ll go for C though: [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Calico[/name_f], [name_f]Cameo[/name_f], [name_m]Chase[/name_m], [name_m]Clayton[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Cairo[/name_m] etc.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

Right now [name_m]Copper[/name_m]

I would have no clue, I’m choice ranges from ‘weird’ to ‘trendy’… Varied? lol.

[name_m]Antonio[/name_m] [name_m]Reef[/name_m] & [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] - “Neo & [name_f]Cora[/name_f] / Coco”

Orrick

[name_f]Azalea[/name_f] “Zaylie” & [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] “Posey”

[name_f]Swan[/name_f] & [name_m]Kodiak[/name_m]

[name_f]Barbie[/name_f] - but only thanks to the film lol

[name_f]Whimsy[/name_f]

12. Looking at your lists, do most of your names start with vowels or consonants?
    Consonants

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] much every name in the top 10 for both boys & girls :see_no_evil:

[name_f]Lolita[/name_f], [name_f]Nautica[/name_f], [name_f]Serendipity[/name_f]- “Oli / [name_f]Lilo[/name_f], Navy/Tiki & [name_f]Seren[/name_f] / Renny”

[name_f]Nala[/name_f]

16. Your top two favourite name meanings?
    [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - daughter of the sea
    [name_m]Jericho[/name_m] - city of the moon

[name_m]Ares[/name_m], [name_m]Mars[/name_m], [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]

18. What do you focus on most in a name combo? Flow, vibe, meaning, aesthetic, other etc.?
    The flow

19. Names from a culture outside of your own that you think deserve appreciation?
    [name_m]Timeo[/name_m], [name_m]Remo[/name_m], [name_m]Massimo[/name_m], [name_f]Erminia[/name_f], [name_f]Tiziana[/name_f], [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]

Name Games

[name_f]Italia[/name_f]

22. If you had to use names from the top 10 in your country, which would you pick?
    [name_f]Freya[/name_f] & [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

[name_m]Ares[/name_m]

@Greyblue

Such a hard question as I love combos from so many people but special shout-out to @Greyblue @BronwynParry1 @winterlyricalfox

6 Likes
    [name_m]Oisín[/name_m] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] for a boy and a girl, I don’t keep a separate neutral list, but looking through my lists two that I like equally for any gender would be [name_f]Samhain[/name_f] or [name_f]Haven[/name_f]

2. If you could only use names starting with the same letter, which letter would you choose?
    I’d go with E, I have a lot of E favourites and a lot of them have nicknames that don’t start with E (Eleanor - [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or Nora), (Elsbeth - Betty), (Edmund - Teddy) so they wouldn’t have to deal with having the same initials in day to day life

I don’t think I would because I quite like my name, but I do occasionally have to use a fake name at work for some of my writing and I picked [name_f]Sorcha[/name_f] for myself

4. Your favourite occupational name?
    Definitely [name_m]Bowman[/name_m], it’s a happy accident of a family name I stumbled on in my family tree, the ancestor in question was named [name_m]Otis[/name_m] [name_m]Bowman[/name_m] (Bowman as middle not surname)

Eclectic

I’m not a big fan of naming twins any differently than singletons, so I would give them my top two combos, [name_m]Oisín[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Jude[/name_m] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Joan[/name_f]

7. Your favourite “O” name?
    It would have to be my top name in general, [name_m]Oisín[/name_m]. I don’t have a particular “O” favourite for girls, but if I have to pick I might say [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] or [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

8. Your top 2 favourite botanical names?
    I’m not very creative when it comes to botanical names, I’d have to say [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

9. Your top 2 favourite animal names?
    Once again, one of the answers has to be [name_m]Oisín[/name_m] which is an [name_f]Irish[/name_f] name that means ‘little deer’ and I’m not sure if it counts but my second option would be [name_m]Harlan[/name_m] which means ‘hare land’.

[name_f]Greta[/name_f], between [name_f]Greta[/name_f] Thunberg’s activism and [name_f]Greta[/name_f] Gerwig and [name_f]Greta[/name_f] van [name_m]Fleet[/name_m] in the art world I would expect it to be higher in the charts, especially vintage revival names being so popular.

11. Your favourite celebrity baby name choice?
    I love [name_m]David[/name_m] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] Tennant’s children (Ty, [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_f]Doris[/name_f] and Birdie). I also thought Bindi’s [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_m]Warrior[/name_m] [name_m]Irwin[/name_m] was very sweet and [name_m]Seth[/name_m] Meyers’ children [name_m]Ashe[/name_m] [name_m]Olson[/name_m], [name_m]Axel[/name_m] Strahl and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

It’s consonants by a landslide for me.

I’m deeply confused as to why I don’t like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], it feels like it should be my style, it ticks a lot of boxes but I just can’t get on board.

Stella-Jane [name_f]Hephzibah[/name_f] [name_f]Lore[/name_f]
    [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Chickadee[/name_f] [name_f]Lovelace[/name_f]
    Méabha [name_f]Delphinium[/name_f] [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f]

[name_f]Winifred[/name_f], it was always a no from me and then my husband suggested (I believe because it came up in a video game, but don’t quote me on that) and then I realised the meaning is lovely and found a lot of historical Winifred’s and now it’s in one of my favourite combos.

16. Your top two favourite name meanings?
    I usually say [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], which means ‘behold, a son’, but today I’m feeling [name_f]Hephzibah[/name_f] which means ‘my delight is in her’ and Amargein which means ‘born of poetry’

17. What you’d name three boys using names all from the same origin?
    [name_m]Oisín[/name_m] [name_m]Ferdia[/name_m] [name_m]Brennan[/name_m]
    [name_m]Ruairí[/name_m] Amargein [name_m]Lir[/name_m]
    [name_m]Alastar[/name_m] [name_m]Mícheál[/name_m] [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m]

18. What do you focus on most in a name combo?
    I consider flow and how well it works with siblings and their last name, but I think the most important is names having a either literal or honour-based meaning.

Finnish is the first to come to mind, especially Finnish girls names, some great ones are [name_f]Kielo[/name_f], [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], [name_f]Pinja[/name_f], [name_f]Ritva[/name_f], Sinikka, Terhi, [name_f]Tuulikki[/name_f] and Virva

I’m nearly caught up with [name_f]Bridie[/name_f] names a siblings for your combos thread, but I’m also really loving @kiomkio’s Home Design CAFs

21. Your favourite place names?
    I don’t really consider place names, because my husband really dislikes them, so a lot of ‘place names’ I have on my list are names that are also places. Like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is technically a place name. A name that I like the most because of a place is [name_m]Willard[/name_m], which is the name of a neighbourhood and the local beach where I grew up so it’s very special to me.

For [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]:
    [name_m]Oisín[/name_m] [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
    [name_f]Fiadh[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

For the US:
    [name_m]James[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
    [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

23. Your favourite name ending in “S”?
    Either [name_m]Myles[/name_m] or [name_m]James[/name_m], for girls it would probably be [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

24. Berries who’s naming tastes you are most inspired by?
    @Greyblue, @handlion and @blueylit

25. Your favourite combos currently on NB?
    [name_m]Almanzo[/name_m] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] @handlion
    [name_m]Alcuin[/name_m] Rossa @blueylit
    [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] @greyblue
    [name_f]Una[/name_f] Květoslava @tallemaja

10 Likes

Awe, thank you so much!! :pleading_face: :two_hearts:

1 Like
  • Your top boy, girl, and neutral name of today?
    Ira, Rosalie? & Afton
  • If you could only use names starting with the
    probably W or H as a lot of my favorites start with thise two
  • If you could rename yourself, what do you think would suit you?
    Lily, I feel like Lily would suit me well
  • Your favorite occupational name?
    Foster, Thatcher & Miller
  • If you could describe your naming style in only one word?
    eclectic
  • If you had to name (b/g) twins today, what would you name them?
    Ira & Eulalia nn Lola
  • Your favorite “O” name?
    Ondeline
  • Your top 2 favorite botanical names?
    Ooh a lot, the ones Ive loved the longest though are Willow & Lily
  • Your top 2 favorite animal names?
    hmm probably Wolf and Fawn
  • A name you’re surprised isn’t more popular?
    Greta
  • Your favorite celebrity baby name choice?
    Sunday
  • Looking at your lists, do most of your names start with vowels or consonants?
    Pretty even split
  • A popular name that you just can’t get into?
    Amelia & Mia, I think they’re just very nasally in the American accent
  • If you had to name 3 girls using only guilty pleasure names?
    Silence, Allifair & Somerled
  • A name you didn’t like previously but is starting to grow on you?
    I cant think of one
  • Your top two favorite name meanings?
    Apricity, warmth of the sun in winter & Eneko, my little one
  • What you’d name 3 boys using names all from the same origin?
    Alder, Foster & Graham
  • What do you focus on most in a name combo? Flow, vibe, meaning, aesthetic, other etc.?
    I guess aesthetic, the over all feel of the name
  • Names from a culture outside of your own that you think deserve appreciation?
    Turkish, they have some very beautiful names & meanings
  • Your most frequented NB forum?
  • parent forum, general name discussion*
  • Your favorite place name?
    does Prairie count?
  • If you had to use names from the top 10 in your country, which would you pick?
    Charlotte & theodore
  • Your favorite name ending in “S”?
    Cyrus
3 Likes

I’m only going to answer a few of these right now! I hope that’s okay :smiling_face:
Your top boy, girl, and neutral name of today?
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]!
If you could only use names starting with the

Likely E.
If you could rename yourself, what do you think would suit you?
For a long time I likely would have picked [name_f]Mina[/name_f], but I think I’d go with something longer and more dramatic now. Perhaps [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]?
If you could describe your naming style in only one word?
Timeless.
If you had to name (b/g) twins today, what would you name them?
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Forest[/name_m] & [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!
Your top 2 favorite animal names?
[name_m]Fox[/name_m] and [name_f]Wren[/name_f].
If you had to name 3 girls using only guilty pleasure names?
[name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f], [name_f]Winsome[/name_f], and [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f]!
What do you focus on most in a name combo? Flow, vibe, meaning, aesthetic, other etc.?
Vibe/aesthetic.
Your most frequented NB forum?
Imaginary birth announcements likely.
If you had to use names from the top 10 in your country, which would you pick?
I’d happily name my children [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f]!

4 Likes

This is super fun!!

1. Top boy name is [name_m]Daphnis[/name_m] and top girl name is [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (as always lol), and top neutral name I’d pick Blythe!!

2. Probably L, soooo many of my favorite names are Ls!! (Boys - [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Laertes[/name_m], [name_f]Lydian[/name_f], [name_m]Lionel[/name_m] Girls - [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], Liriope)

3. Someone once told me I would be a good [name_f]Glory[/name_f], which I think is such a compliment!! I think [name_f]Glory[/name_f] would definitely fit me well :slight_smile:

4. Kind of an unusual occupational name, but Faraday!! It means “woodsman” :slight_smile: (I also love [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], which means ironworker!!)

5. I would say mythological!! A lot of my names have mythology connections (if I could pick a more subjective word, I’d say fairytale-esque!!)

6. Using my top names, I’d do [name_m]Daphnis[/name_m] [name_m]Holden[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] & [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Larkspur[/name_f], but not using my top names I’d go with Hesperian & [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

7. For girls I love [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], and for boys I love Orson!!

8. This is really tough, but I’d probably go with [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] & Rosemary!! If international names count, definitely [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] & [name_f]Liriope[/name_f] :slight_smile:

9. This is a little stretch, but my favorite animal names are [name_m]Lionel[/name_m] & Arthur!!

10. I’m super surprised that [name_f]Adalet[/name_f] isn’t more popular!! I feel like it combines the popular [name_f]Ada[/name_f] with a sweet “ette” ending

11. [name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] Apatow is definitely one of my favorites!! I also really like Lily-Rose [name_f]Melody[/name_f] Depp, a little floral but so cute!!

12. Most of my names definitely start with consonants!! For the girls, L and M lead the pack, and for the boys, L and R are frontrunners!!

13. I personally don’t like Matilda!! I’ve tried to like her (especially since she was my grandma’s “almost name”) but she just feels so… not me!!

14. This is tough since I don’t have many names that are GPs (most are just on my list!!), but going really out there, I’d pick [name_f]Ingalill[/name_f], [name_f]Berengaria[/name_f], and Altalune!!

15. I’ve been on the [name_f]Solange[/name_f] train lately!! I love that she has the nn [name_m]Sol[/name_m], and she feels pretty subtly feminine which I like!!

16. Definitely would have to be [name_f]Tesni[/name_f] (warmth from the sun) and [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] (daughter of the sun)

17. [name_m]Daphnis[/name_m], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], & Laertes!! (Challenging myself not to use Greek names lol - I’d go with [name_m]Lionel[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], & Augustine)

18. I usually focus most on flow, but when I’m trying to make my “main” combos, I try to follow a pattern of grand first name, sweet first middle with a personal connection, and then a cool out-there second middle!!

19. Definitely more [name_f]Indian[/name_f] names!! I’ve been adoring [name_f]Kalindi[/name_f], [name_f]Ananda[/name_f], [name_f]Lakshmi[/name_f], [name_f]Kavya[/name_f], and Hara!!

20. I love the Quick [name_m]Poll[/name_m] Thread!! Voting is prob one of my favorite things, and I really try to put a lot of thought into it!!

21. [name_f]Forever[/name_f] in love with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], but not counting her probably the lovely [name_f]Calais[/name_f] or Vienna!!

22. For a girl I’d probably go with [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and for a boy I’d pick [name_m]Noah[/name_m] Oliver!!

23. [name_m]Daphnis[/name_m] is my favorite s-ending name!! Other than him, I like [name_f]Pallas[/name_f] for a girl, and for boys I like [name_m]Rhys[/name_m], [name_m]Aletris[/name_m], and Paris!!

24. I am SUPER inspired by the lovely names of @tallemaja , @Greyblue (always has the best suggestions!!), @marigold.solstice , @smileymiley , @OctaviaMay , and @mellona !!

Posting 25 in the next post b/c I’m out of tags!!

9 Likes
  1. Hard to pick, but some of my favorites are:
    @CattheBat13579 - [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] (what a fun, jovial combo!!)
    @Mary_Rose - [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] Fleur (Kitty [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is so :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)
    @PeachyMum - [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (saw her months ago and was smitten!!)
    @Greyblue - [name_m]Keats[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] (so handsome!!)
    @mmdesolate - [name_f]Aisling[/name_f] Solfrida [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (honorable mention to [name_f]Fionnuala[/name_f] [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] as well, insanely gorgeous!!)
    @Evergreeninrain - [name_m]Holden[/name_m] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (Finnegan [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is also so so love but I just have such a soft spot for [name_m]Holden[/name_m] Joy!!)
7 Likes

Not to derail this thread, but I just wanted to say that I truly am touched that you are inspired by my names! You have made my entire week, truly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have the biggest smile on my face as I type this. :blush: I am so honored, and I hope you know that you are such an inspiration to me as well! /gen :yellow_heart:

4 Likes
  1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], and Laine/Lane
  2. A! There’s [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], etc
  3. I don’t know if it would suit me quite well, but I’d like to go by [name_f]Tara[/name_f]
  4. [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Classic[/name_m]
  6. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
  7. [name_f]Odette[/name_f] for girls and [name_m]Owen[/name_m] for boys
  8. They’re both for girls, but I love [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
  9. Definitely [name_m]Robin[/name_m] and [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
  10. [name_m]Bellamy[/name_m]
  11. Either [name_f]Hilary[/name_f] Duff’s daughter [name_m]Banks[/name_m] or [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] Slate’s daughter [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Lupine[/name_f]
  12. Consonants
  13. [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
  14. [name_f]Dianella[/name_f], [name_f]Clemency[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
  15. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
  16. [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]: “loveable”, and [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]: “bright”
  17. Scottish origin: [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], and [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
  18. Flow and vibe for sure. I need the name to seem happy in some way and the first name needs to flow well with the middle name for me to be satisfied with the combo
  19. I think Hawaiian and Samoan names are so pretty, for both girls and boys
  20. I used to be into baby name games a lot, but now I lean towards sibling names
  21. I like [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Holland[/name_f]
  22. I would pick [name_m]James[/name_m] and [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f]
  23. [name_m]Ellis[/name_m] for a boy, hands down
  24. I would have to look pretty far back but someone named their daughter [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]October[/name_f] and I thought it was so beautiful
4 Likes

Thank you!! That means a lot coming from you!

1 Like

Firstly thank you for all the shoutouts!!

1. [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] & [name_m]Robin[/name_m]

2. Probably E I like a lot of E names

3. I’ve been told I would suit [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]

4. Has to be [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] inspired by @seawillow

5. I’m not sure maybe romantic

6. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] + [name_m]Robin[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]

7. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] + [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

8. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] + [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

9. [name_f]Lark[/name_f] + [name_f]Dove[/name_f]

10. I think [name_f]Effie[/name_f] for girls meets so many trends and [name_m]Moses[/name_m] for boys considering how much people love biblical names for boys along with that O sound

11. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] (Stacey Solomon) and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (Robbie Williams) unsure about boy names. I also love [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] Kidman’s girls names [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Faith[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] even though [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] does sound a bit like [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] Roast.

12. Consonants only just though!

13. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] which is strange as I love [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

14. [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
    [name_f]Rosamel[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
    [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f]

15. There are tons but the names that spring to mind are [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (I now love him) and
    [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (again love) to be honest I love all of them!

16. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] ~ daughter of the sea
    [name_f]Apricity[/name_f] ~ the warmth of the sun in the winter
    These meanings are just wonderful!!!

17. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] + [name_m]Noah[/name_m] = Hebrew Origin

18. Meaning! The meaning has to be personal to me like honour choice so that’s meaningful for me or the name has a positive meaning that I feel connected too.

19. [name_m]Akello[/name_m]! I think he’s gorgeous

20. [name_f]Baby[/name_f] name games I love a CAF

21. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] & [name_m]Rome[/name_m]

22. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_m]Noah[/name_m]

23. [name_m]Wells[/name_m], [name_m]Keats[/name_m], [name_m]Rivers[/name_m], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Cerys[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and my absolute favourite [name_f]Iris[/name_f] :rainbow:

24. Gosh this is so hard as there are so many berries that I feel inspired by and really love there posts as a result. Berries that stick firmly in my mind in relation to inspiration @seawillow, @Mary_Rose, @Greyblue
    @may.rose, @emeraldsea @marigold.solstice
    Honestly these are just a few as I’m inspired by so many truly gorgeous berries

25. Oh gosh there have been so many truly beautiful names that have provided inspiration that there are to many too list!

4 Likes

today i’ll go with boaz, lois & river

definitely j!

madeleine mostly which is why it’s my name that i use on here! also bess, josie, polly, hazel, and oona!

shepherd <3

probably vintage?

thomas ransom & evangeline willa

oona!

maple & oleander

fox & robin

boaz! he’s Biblical, has the nickname bo, the trendy z sound and a great namesake!

i don’t really follow celebrities!

consonants!

i’d love to love alice but i just can’t!

waterlily endelienta, kirsikka invicta & lulit ksantippa

lois!! i didn’t understand her appeal for so long but now she’s the absolute sweetest <3

16. Your top two favorite name meanings?

ruth ‘compassionate friend’
tarka ‘wandering as water’

emir, efe & evren

vibe, meaning, honouring important people to me and any special personal connections

i think māori names are gorgeous!

general name discussion!

camden <3

jack oliver william & amelia lily

thomas!!!

oh so many!!! the lovely @lateaugust , @Evergreeninrain , @futuremama , @Larryisalittledog and @shorie always are so inspiring in particular :heartpulse:

i love @lilsweetpea ’s finn herschel, @may.rose ’s susanna ruth & @clair.de.lune ’s daniel wilder! :sun_with_face:

7 Likes

i love these so much <3

1. daniel, lucy, and jasper
2. ooh, there’s so many! i think it’s ultimately ‘m’ : mason, marceau, madeline…
3. georgia <3
4. mason
5. cozy
6. fred & emma
7. ophelia
8. fleura & lillie
9. kitty & leon
10. della!
11. blue ivy
12. consonants <3
13. amelia & noah
14. sable, lavender & mint
15. mary <3
16. miray, “shining like the moon” & arledge, “dweller at the rabbit lake”
17. colin, klaus, & nikolai
18. it depends on the names, but mostly aesthetic and flow!
19. it’s always asha <3
20. anything in the general name discussion forum!
21. london (and indah, inspired from india)
22. emma & william, but sometimes ava!
23. frances
24. consistently inspired by @may.rose, @marigold.solstice, @wishmay <3
25. augusta esme bly :heart_eyes: (@winterlyricalfox)

6 Likes