28 weeks pregnant: top contenders: girl

See the results of this poll: Top contenders

Respondents: 15 (This poll is closed)

• Ella Jane: 3 (20%)
  • Vivian Eve: 3 (20%)
  • Eve Mirabel: 6 (40%)
  • Esm”e Darling / Bleu /Skye (some middle name, not sure as of yet): 3 (20%)

I like [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. It’s simple and elegant.

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- too many v’s :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Eve[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] because both names are lovely and unexpected. I also quite like [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Eve[/name] with nn [name]Mira[/name] or [name]Miri[/name]. [name]Esme[/name] would be my third choice, but I didn’t care for the possible middle names with [name]Esme[/name].

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] looks like it could be simple and beautiful, feminine and elegant, but it is lacking something in the creativity department. [name]Ella[/name] is a trendy name that denotes a very young, blond little girl for me. Paired with “plain [name]Jane[/name],” you get an odd mix. I’d boost this name up by changing it to [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Jane[/name], or [name]Estella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]…

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eve[/name] seems much more stylish and romantic than [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! But, with this particular combination, it sounds more like you are describing a night sky than naming a daughter - I know it is crazy, but that is how I think. It also has a preponderance of V sounds, which could disrupt flow with your last name. You may change the name to [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Rose[/name], or [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Fay[/name]…

[name]Eve[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] looks mysterious, romantic, and elegant. I imagine a dark-skinned beauty when I see this name! The only problem is that the name sounds a bit harsh when paired with [name]Eve[/name], so you could change it to the softer [name]Eva[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] if you wish…

Esm”e Darling/[name]Bleu[/name]/[name]Skye[/name] looks inventive and imaginative, so very different from your first choice, [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I’m not a huge fan of Esmee, simply because of the connections to Twilight’s [name]Esme[/name] and (1) potential pronunciation issues, and (2) a lack of any good nicknames. I also don’t particularly care for any of the middle name choices, as [name]Skye[/name] again sounds like you are describing a night sky, [name]Bleu[/name] reminds me of the cheese (yuck!), and Darling seems a bit cheesy when paired with the romantic Esmee. I’d do something like Esmee [name]Juliet[/name], Esmee [name]Rose[/name], Esmee [name]Violet[/name], or Esmee [name]Gabrielle[/name] if you go with this choice.

My favorites for you are [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Estella[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name], or Esmee [name]Violet[/name]. Best wishes to you!

I voted for [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] because it flows best for me, but I love [name]Mirabel[/name]!

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] wins by a landslide for me. I agree that [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eve[/name] has too many V’s and I don’t care for Esmee. [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is classic and lovely.

Thank you all for the great input (and lemon - I love the descriptions!!!)

The description you have for [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Eve[/name] / [name]Eve[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] is what I felt for the name and hoped for (although could not express) but sometimes feel the name could also be frilly/princessy (at least the mirabel part), which isn’t my kind of thing nor do I want for baby.

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - happy to hear all the positive feedback - simple and elegant is what I like as well. (although I see what L. means by lacking something - I have to dig out my family tree journal for some family names and see what I can do about the middle name)

Concerning all the V’s in [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - my last name also has a v in the middle of it and I am debating the flow!

Esmee - I wouldn’t use those middle names! I accidentally copied my thoughts as I was going through possibilities - but good to know none would work - those middle names are kind of guilty pleasure names. I would use a family name.

[name]Peace[/name] and thanks
[name]Sara[/name]

Of the first names, [name]Vivian[/name] is my first choice by far! [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] are all classics and quite pretty. Esmee is not my style, and a little too frilly. [name]Ella[/name] is just a bit too popular, and [name]Eve[/name] is just a bit too abrupt in sound (though that’s just my opinions). It’s hard without knowing your last name, but I suspect that because the v sound is so prominent in [name]Eve[/name], it might not flow well will your last name, either. (I’m imagining [name]Eve[/name] [name]Melville[/name], for example; [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Melville[/name], on the other hand, would sound fabulous because the v’s would compliment one another and make the name flow).

What’s so great about [name]Vivian[/name] is that it’s beautiful without being frilly, feminine without being girly, glamorous without being frivolous. Short forms [name]Viv[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name] are awesome and could work for a tomboy or a homecoming queen. It’s great on a baby and an adult. I just love this name!

I definitely see the appeal of [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]; it’s also quite lovely, and it would be my second choice. I can’t see anything wrong with the name, other than the popularity.

I do wonder, however, if the fact that the names were paired with middles is what biased the vote so heavily toward [name]Ella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and away from [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eve[/name]. As much as I love [name]Vivian[/name], I do NOT LIKE the combo [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Eve[/name] (esp with a last name with V in the middle).

I [name]LOVE[/name] the suggestion of [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]!

I also like [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Gail[/name], [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Camille[/name], and [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Aurora[/name], and even [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (or [name]Vivian[/name] [name]June[/name]). I even think [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] could work if you want something more playful in the middle.