2nd baby girl: Quinn, Zara or Asha

We are due at the end of [name]November[/name] and still so unsure of names for our second daughter. What are your thoughts on these names and which is your favorite?

[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Asha[/name]

[name]Zara[/name]! It’s lovely and underused. [name]Quinn[/name] is a boy’s name, trendy for girls. [name]Asha[/name] is nice, but I prefer [name]Zara[/name].

My vote would be for [name]Zara[/name], but what is your other daughter’s name?

My 1st daughter’s name is [name]Ella[/name].

OOOh, [name]Zara[/name]! I think [name]Zara[/name] is an awesome name on its own, but I really like it with [name]Ella[/name]. It sort of ups the Britishy, ladylike vibe of [name]Ella[/name], whereas [name]Quinn[/name] plays up its more trendy side. I’m just not diggimg [name]Asha[/name] at all.

[name]Zara[/name] is great on it’s own and with [name]Ella[/name]. I totally agree with phoebesmom.

Another vote for [name]Zara[/name]! It makes a great, unexpected sibset with [name]Ella[/name] and it has a lovely sound. I quite like [name]Quinn[/name] for a boy but for a girl, it just sounds trendy and very masculine compared to the feminine [name]Ella[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Asha[/name], as it sounds like a try-too-hard spin on [name]Ashley[/name], which feels dated to men.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I disagree that [name]Quinn[/name] is trendy or boyish. I really love [name]Zara[/name], but I think [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Zara[/name] are a little similar. Two syllables, ending in an a sound. I think [name]Ella[/name] and [name]QUinn[/name] has a much nicer ring to it. I would rule out [name]Asha[/name] due to preference.

[name]Zara[/name]! It is a beautiful name and a nice fit with [name]Ella[/name]. I agree with most other posters that [name]Quinn[/name] is too trendy (thanks Glee). I’m just not feeling [name]Asha[/name].

[name]Even[/name] though they are similar, I think [name]Zara[/name] would be better paired with [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Quinn[/name] is a different style than [name]Ella[/name] so I wouldn’t personally use it. [name]Asha[/name] is even more similar with [name]Ella[/name]. If you want my honest opinion, none of the three names are good paired with [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Ella[/name] has an antique charm and is frilly and feminine and the other names lack these qualities. Names that would work well with [name]Ella[/name] are [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name]), [name]Lillie[/name] or [name]Grace[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like any of these names or are you pretty well decided on the three you’ve stated in your posting?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Quinn[/name], but not with [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Asha[/name] sounds like [name]Asher[/name] to me, and I think it is too close to [name]Ella[/name]. Now, [name]Zara[/name] is a perfect with with [name]Ella[/name]! Feminine and romantic! [name]Zara[/name], for sure.

[name]Lemon[/name]

Another vote for [name]Zara[/name]! Maybe [name]Zara[/name] [name]Quinn[/name].

I vote [name]Quinn[/name]. Not only do I love that name but I know two sisters whose names are [name]Quinn[/name] and [name]Ella[/name]. They are total opposites as are their names but I think they make a fabulous sibset!

wow, i didn’t think there would be so many [name]Zara[/name] lovers. Thanks for all the help!

[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Zara[/name]. [name]Both[/name] really good. I don’t like [name]Asha[/name] at all, sorry. Personally i love [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] sounds lovely as a pair of sisters.

[name]Do[/name] what you love, your instincts will be right. Feedback initally told me that my daughters’ names probably wouldn’t sound right together but sound just right together now.

[name]Zara[/name]!

[name]Asha[/name] is a pretty name however, it does not go with [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Quinn[/name] to me is a boys name and way to unisex sounding, especially paired with [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Zara[/name] is another lovely name but, it doesn’t sound write with your first daughters’. [name]May[/name] I suggest [name]Nola[/name]?

I think my husband and I may have decided on the beautiful name [name]Zara[/name]! We are still keeping an eye out for any new original short names, until our baby girl arrives.
I really like [name]Zara[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]!