2nd Boy Almost Here- Help us please!

[name]Hi[/name] name geniuses-

We’re having our 2nd boy (1st is [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Dale[/name]) very soon and we really want to pick a name for this new little guy! We would like to have a name picked out, maybe two options in case we decide to “meet him” first. Please vote for your two favorites and list them in order of preference. We’d love your honest opinions on the names/thoughts and why you do or don’t like them. This guy’s middle name will be [name]Douglas[/name] after my husband’s middle name and his father’s first name. Thanks so much!

• [name]Mason[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]
  • [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]
  • [name]Callahan[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]
  • [name]Derek[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]

If you want to vote on an actual name poll I set up the link is: Vote on Name Lists at BabyNames.com

I like [name]Mason[/name] or [name]Hudson[/name] the best. They just seem to go better with [name]Jackson[/name] - similar sound but not too similar. I lean toward [name]Hudson[/name] just because it is not as popular.

Good luck!

[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Dale[/name] & [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]. [name]Love[/name] both names. Very cute. :wink:

• [name]Callahan[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]- I love this name! [name]Callahan[/name] is so handsome and underused. It sounds perfectly modern (like [name]Jackson[/name]) but is also a name that is distinctive and will age well. You cant go wrong with this one imo. I would love to meet a little [name]Callahan[/name]!

• [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]- While I love [name]Hudson[/name], I dont like the repeating -son endings. Is this going to be your last child? If so having [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] wouldnt be terrible. If you are going to have more it could create a problem. Three -son names would be way to much, but not using one for the third might sound funny.

• [name]Mason[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]- Same thing as [name]Hudson[/name]. I dont care for [name]Mason[/name] as much though, I really only think of Masonary work when I hear it. Surnames are greats but this is one that I have never really liked as a fn.

• [name]Derek[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]- [name]Derek[/name] is okay, but a little dated imo. It doesnt feel nearly as modern as [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Callahan[/name], or [name]Hudson[/name] do imo. It could still work but its not my favorite.

Good luck and let us know what you choose!

Thank you to the people who have replied- we really appreciate it. Think we’ve officially eliminated [name]Derek[/name]- while it is handsome and a name that I always liked I agree that it doesn’t have the pizazz that the other names do. So thank you. :slight_smile:

We appreciate all the thoughts/opinions that we can get. Best- D

I totally agree- [name]Mason[/name] or [name]Hudson[/name] sound the best with [name]Jackson[/name].

[name]Callahan[/name] is cute, but all I can think of when I hear this name is [name]Chris[/name] [name]Farley[/name] in [name]Tommy[/name] Boy, working for [name]Callaghan[/name] Auto Parts.

I vote for [name]Callahan[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]. With [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Douglas[/name], the repeating “uh” sound in “Hud-” & then “[name]Doug[/name]-” create less than ideal flow. [name]Mason[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] flows better, but I’m not a big fan of [name]Mason[/name]. i rather liked [name]Derek[/name] [name]Douglas[/name], but if you’re sure you want to eliminate it… I’d go wtih [name]Callahan[/name]. Or go with [name]Mason[/name] if you really love it. Good luck naming your little guy! (I like [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Dale[/name]!)