2nd Turtle

Can’t believe I’m actually turning to nameberry for this, but the rest of my family are laughing at me and my brother so here we are.

For our birthday, we’re getting another turtle. We already have one, which we named [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] Yertle Squirtle the [name_m]Turtle[/name_m] II (no, there was not another turtle named this first, we just thought it sounded cooler). We call him [name_m]Jon[/name_m].

For the second turtle, we’re considering [name_m]Donatello[/name_m], [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m], and [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] for middle names, but we have no ideas for first names. We want an elaborate human name, with a common nickname. We were thinking [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] or [name_m]Fernando[/name_m] but can’t think of nicknames. My brother also wants him to be the 14th.

Any suggestions?

This is, without a doubt, the best post I’ve found on this website.
My mind immediately went to [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u], even before you said it, so I’m very biased towards it as a middle. I also thought of [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Fitz[/name_m]) but I don’t think [name_m]Fitz[/name_m] is a very common nickname. As a nickname for [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] and [name_m]Fernando[/name_m], maybe [name_m]Fred[/name_m]? [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] the 14th ([name_m]Fred[/name_m]) sounds great, to me!
Other first name ideas:
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] ([name_m]Leo[/name_m])
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] ([name_u]Alex[/name_u])
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] (also [name_m]Fred[/name_m])
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (Sebby/[name_f]Bessy[/name_f]/[name_m]Seb[/name_m])

(I’d also like to add that you and your brother are now my new favorite people)
Good luck on your turtle naming journey!

I love [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] for a shelled friend!

Feguson [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] the 14th ([name_u]Fergie[/name_u])
[name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] the 14th ([name_u]Jerry[/name_u])
[name_m]Frederico[/name_m] [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] the 14th ([name_m]Fred[/name_m], [name_u]Ricky[/name_u])

I like [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jerry[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] nn [name_m]Fred[/name_m]! I’ll see what my brother thinks.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

This is adorable! [name_m]Jon[/name_m] the turtle is so odd & very cute. I like [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] nn [name_m]Fred[/name_m] or [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] for his brother.

A few more ideas…

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/[name_u]Alex[/name_u]

[name_m]Andreas[/name_m]/[name_u]Andy[/name_u]

[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]/[name_m]Barney[/name_m]

[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]/[name_u]Bernie[/name_u]/[name_m]Ben[/name_m]

[name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Ed[/name_m]/[name_m]Ned[/name_m]

[name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]/[name_m]Ed[/name_m]/[name_m]Ned[/name_m]

[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]/[name_u]Bert[/name_u]

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]/[name_u]Jerry[/name_u]

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]/[name_m]Nate[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]/[name_m]Ozzie[/name_m]

[name_m]Percival[/name_m]/[name_u]Perry[/name_u]/[name_u]Percy[/name_u]

[name_m]Robert[/name_m]/[name_m]Bob[/name_m]

[name_m]Roberto[/name_m]/[name_m]Bob[/name_m]

[name_m]Richard[/name_m]/[name_m]Dickie[/name_m]/[name_m]Rick[/name_m]

[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]/Ted

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/Ted

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]/[name_m]Vince[/name_m]

[name_m]Walter[/name_m]/[name_m]Walt[/name_m]

[name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Bill[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

My brother’s AP’s last name is [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m], so as much as he wants to, he isn’t naming the turtle that. He likes [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] though and suggested [name_m]Geraldo[/name_m].

Okay, this thread is amazing. Let me see what I can think of!

Right off the bat I love [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] and [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] as middle names, so I’m gonna go for both to make the name even longer and more elaborate!

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]/[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] “[name_m]Ben[/name_m]/[name_m]Benny[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_m]Charleston[/name_m] “[name_m]Charlie[/name_m]/[name_m]Chase[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]/[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]/[name_m]Edison[/name_m] “[name_m]Ed[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddy[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Francis[/name_m]/[name_m]Francisco[/name_m]/[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] “[name_m]Frank[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] “[name_m]Harry[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]/[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]/[name_m]Leonard[/name_m] “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] “[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/[name_m]Nat[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] “[name_m]Quinn[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] “[name_m]Ted[/name_m]/[name_m]Teddy[/name_m]/[name_m]Thad[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]/[name_m]Willoughby[/name_m]/[name_m]Wilson[/name_m] “[name_m]Will[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m] “[name_m]Archie[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]/[name_m]Augusto[/name_m]/[name_m]August[/name_m] “[name_m]Gus[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Gustav[/name_m]/[name_m]Gustafa[/name_m] “[name_m]Gus[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Dartagnan[/name_m] “[name_m]Art[/name_m]/[name_m]Artie[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]/[name_m]Perseus[/name_m] “[name_m]Percy[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]/[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] “[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]/[name_m]Raph[/name_m]/[name_m]Raffe[/name_m]/[name_m]Ray[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m] “[name_m]Ian[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] “[name_m]Ash[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV

You could also use [name_m]Andy[/name_m] or [name_m]Nando[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] or [name_m]Fernando[/name_m]!
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] “[name_m]Andy[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV has a nice ring to it lol

With all that said, I’m digging [name_m]Dartagnan[/name_m] “[name_m]Art[/name_m]/[name_m]Artie[/name_m]” [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m] XIV the most. [name_m]Art[/name_m] and [name_m]Jon[/name_m] sound perfect together!!! And for bonus fanciness, it can also be spelled D’artagnan!

My first thought was…

[name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] “[name_m]Prince[/name_m], [name_m]Fred[/name_m], [name_u]Freddy[/name_u], [name_m]Rick[/name_m], [name_u]Ricky[/name_u]…” it goes on and on!