3 "A" name questions

1. In an earlier post I asked about using [name_m]Penn[/name_m] as a nn for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. On another site somebody suggested using [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] for a girl with nn [name_m]Penn[/name_m]. DH was actually favorable.

2. I’ve always likes the name [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f] (DH is Mexican). But lately I’m beginning to like name [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce it? I tend to pronounce it similar to [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f] with the “[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]” sound in beginning versus “[name_f]Ally[/name_f]”

3. Thoughts on a boy being named [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] with the nn [name_u]Sander[/name_u].

Brothers would be [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u].

I commented on your other post I believe!

I love the nn [name_m]Penn[/name_m] for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and also [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]!

I pronounce [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f] like this: “Ale-ess-ohn-dra”, but I’m fully aware I’m probably butchering the correct pronunciation. Very pretty name though.

I like [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sander[/name_u], but I don’t know how well it fits with [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u]. If that isn’t a huge concern for you, then go for it!

I like [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f] better as a general statement, but I think [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f] fits best with [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u].
[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] sounds a bit feminine to me; the “Aless” sounds a bit like “[name_f]Alice[/name_f].” [name_u]Sander[/name_u] sounds awfully close to [name_m]Tanner[/name_m].

1. I’m not a fan of the name [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] (the first syllable has its own associations) and I see [name_m]Penn[/name_m] as more of a boy name. But putting my opinions on the names themselves out of the way, I think using [name_m]Penn[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] works out great.

2. I would pronounce [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f] the exact same way as [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], only with a “ss” instead of “x”. I’m not sure if that’s correct, but that’s what my sight-reading would be.

3. I like [name_u]Sander[/name_u]. Not so much a fan of [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]. Next to [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u], it seems sort of misplaced.

If your unsure how to pronounce [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f] use [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. When being translated people who speak Spanish will say [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f]. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is one if my favorites and it does have many translations in other countries.

1. I’m not really fond of the name, but it is cute.
  2. The correct Italian pronounciation (and the way I pronounce it, because I live in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]) is similar to [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], but with a “S” sound instead of the X.
    Alessandra pronunciation: How to pronounce Alessandra in Italian, Romanian, Portuguese, Spanish
    I think [name_f]Alejandra[/name_f], [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u] is better though.
  3. I like [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m], but [name_u]Sander[/name_u] and [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] is too similar. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Sandro[/name_m]?
  1. I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] over [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] but like [name_m]Penn[/name_m] better for a boy. I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and I like [name_m]Penn[/name_m] but not together.

2. [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lay-sahn-dra

3. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like it especially with your other kids names

Ok, here’s my thoughts!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_m]Penn[/name_m], much more than [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]. I just can’t do any name that starts with the “As” sound. I might even like [name_u]Penna[/name_u] more. My favorite nn for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is [name_f]Nella[/name_f], but I’m not sure that’s your style.

I pronounce [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f] with the “[name_m]Al[/name_m]”. A bit like [name_f]Alice[/name_f], as someone mentioned before.

I really love [name_u]Sander[/name_u], but I would worry that it does sound too close to [name_m]Tanner[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Penn[/name_m] for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. I also think [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is cute for.a girl as a crossover name. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] to be perfectly honest, unless you had a very strong history with the local or tree, otherwise not so much. but that’s just me.

I, personally, would say “[name_m]Al[/name_m]-eh-san-dro/dra” but I am unsure if it is correct.

For whatever reason, I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] (with or without nn [name_m]Penn[/name_m]) better for a girl than I do [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]. But I like [name_m]Alejandro[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sander[/name_u] for a boy. I think it works with your other names when using [name_u]Sander[/name_u], on its own it’s rather different from them.

good luck!

[name_m]Al[/name_m]-less-sand-dra