3 boys now a girl on the way....name help!!

[name]Hi[/name]. You’d think we’d have a name we’ve been wanting to use?!! nope. My boys are [name]Charlton[/name] (we call him [name]Charlie[/name]), [name]Benjamin[/name] (we call him [name]Ben[/name]) and [name]Braden[/name]. Names we agree upon are [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Kacey[/name] (though dh would prefer to spell [name]Casey[/name] …keep the C pattern) or [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name]. I’d love to use [name]Kay[/name] as a middle name–family name …but doesn’t really go with above, does it? I think any name goes well with our last name…

thanks for any input. We have 3 months…but this is spinning my head lately. :slight_smile:

Firstly I just love [name]Charlton[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] what a wonderful choice.

My 18 month old granddaughter is named [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and of course I love the name. It is feminine, pretty and I like the French influence too.

If you are going to name her [name]Casey[/name] please use a C, I always advocate the traditional spelling as it has stood the test of time.

I think that if would be better to choose a feminine traditional name for your daughter and [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] fit the bill, however I feel that a name like [name]Claudia[/name] is much prettier.

I wouldn’t keep the C theme if it were me unless it was [name]Caroline[/name] (but I am biased as it is my name).

Suggestions

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Catriona[/name] [name]Belle[/name] nn [name]Kate[/name] [name]Catriona[/name] is pronounced as [name]Katrina[/name] or if you spell as [name]Katrina[/name] you have the [name]Kay[/name] element that you are looking for.
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Helen[/name]

Let us know what name you choose please.

[name]Clara[/name], [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] are all complete classics - I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them! My personal pick would be [name]Chloe[/name], as it is the least similar to [name]Charlton[/name]. [name]Kasey[/name]/[name]Casey[/name] is not a name I am very fond of myself, but it does have spunk.

The [name]Kay[/name] mn with a C name is a bit of a problem, though … perhaps a name with a soft ‘c’ beginning (like on [name]Cyrus[/name] for a boy, or [name]Charlotte[/name] if you didn’t have a [name]Charlton[/name]) would work better with it.

[name]How[/name] about :
[name]Cicily[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Cynthia[/name] (I don’t think this really goes with your sons’ name, though)
Celandine.

Good luck!

Would [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Kate[/name], with a K initial, work for [name]Kay[/name]? ([name]Kay[/name] is a nickname for [name]Katherine[/name].)

What about [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]?

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Kay[/name]/[name]Celia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (I think the soft C of [name]Celia[/name] is very pretty with the hard K sound in the middle)
[name]Ciel[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (ditto)
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (ditto)
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name]) [name]Kay[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (not the best flow…)
[name]Camille[/name]/[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Katherine[/name](To my ear, [name]Kay[/name] works with [name]Camilla[/name], but not [name]Camille[/name])
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] (not the best combo…)
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Kay[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name] (you could call her CeeCee/CC, which reminds me of [name]Casey[/name])
[name]Corinna[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name] [name]Kay[/name]/[name]Clarissa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Celestine[/name] [name]Kay[/name] nn [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Kay[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name] (I found all of [name]Millie[/name]'s letters in [name]Clementine[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Kay[/name] - I just love [name]Sabrina[/name]!
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Kay[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Rollo[/name]'s idea of [name]Claudia[/name] and I think she said [name]Phoebe[/name], too. [name]Love[/name] the middle names she put with them, but now I can’t remember what they are.

[name]Clara[/name] is my favorite of your names.

Thank you everyone for your honesty and opinions. You definately gave us a lot to think about!!!