3 boys, twins on the way...help!

We already have 3 boys, and just learned we are pregnant with twin boys!

Our boys’ names are:

[name]Declan[/name] Lionheart
[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] (seen this combo on nameberry recently, although [name]Rufus[/name] is 3. Made me smile)
[name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]” [name]Abbott[/name]

we are totally open as long as they “fit” with the others in style, thanks!

Oh my goodness, I love your sons’ names!!

Some others that I think might work with them:
[name]Ephraim[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Orion[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

We are expecting twins, too, although we do not know the genders yet. [name]Frederick[/name] is one of our top contenders for a twin to [name]Benjamin[/name], which I think would fit nicely with your other children’s names. We are also considering [name]Benjamin[/name].

A couple of others which sprung to mind :
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] or [name]Edmund[/name] nn [name]Ed[/name]/[name]Eddie[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]/[name]Ward[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (one of my sons’ names)
[name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Luca[/name] nn [name]Luke[/name].

Good luck!

Congratulations! You will have one busy household! :slight_smile:

Here are some various styles of names that I think fit with your sons (I’ll do my best to avoid repeats!):

[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Orson[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Josef[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name]
[name]Hans[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Conor[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]

Good luck!

P.S. I love your boys’ names!

Thanks so much, our top contenders right now are:

[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]*
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]*
[name]Orlando[/name]*
[name]Theodore[/name] this one breaks my heart because I love the nn [name]Teddie[/name] but it rhymes with our son [name]Freddie[/name], so it’s out :frowning:
[name]Felix[/name] (the husband hates it though, thinks of [name]Felix[/name] the [name]Cat[/name])
[name]Callum[/name]*

we also have almost no ideas for middle names except for MAYBE [name]Haddon[/name], it’s my father’s and brother’s middle name. From our other boys, [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Abbott[/name] are family names, but Lionheart is not.

All that we ask from suggestions is that names not end or start with the same letter as our first 3, and that they fit in with the British sensibility an trends we are drawn to

[name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] :slight_smile: I love both of the names and I think they go well with the three boys you have already!

[name]Declan[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], and …

[name]Bowie[/name]
[name]Bryant[/name]*
[name]Carlow[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]*

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]*
[name]Curtis[/name]*
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jerome[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]*
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Seneca[/name]
[name]Ulysses[/name]

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]August[/name]*
[name]Cedric[/name]*
[name]Ernest[/name]*
[name]Emmett[/name]*
[name]Geoffrey[/name]*
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Osbourne[/name]
[name]Seeley[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]
[name]Wolfgang[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]*
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]*
[name]Reginald[/name]

If I were you, I would use one name ending in R and one name ending in Y - two sounds different from the respective end sounds of Delcan (N), [name]Rufus[/name] (S), and [name]Frederick[/name] (CK).

[name]Oscar[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Victor[/name], [name]Archer[/name], [name]Thatcher[/name], [name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Geoffrey[/name], [name]Seeley[/name], [name]Barnaby[/name], [name]Conroy[/name]

For one of the twins’ middle names, since you’ve already used Lionheart - a la [name]Richard[/name] the Lionheart - perhaps you should use another monarchical nickname:

Barbarossa - [name]Frederick[/name] I, Holy [name]Roman[/name] Emperor*
Beauclerk - [name]Henry[/name] I of [name]England[/name]
Fairhair - [name]Harald[/name] I of Norway
Greyfell - [name]Harald[/name] II of Norway*
Greymantle - [name]Geoffrey[/name] I of Anjou
Lackland - [name]John[/name] of [name]England[/name]*
Transmarinus - [name]Louis[/name] IV of [name]France[/name]

I think cute pairings could be [name]Alastair[/name] [name]Haddon[/name] and [name]Geoffrey[/name] Greyfell OR [name]Oscar[/name] Beauclerk and [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Haddon[/name]…

Good luck!

All names were really cute and unique
Your names rufus and fredrick have the 40’s style to it
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Emmet[/name] twilight name but not that popular really cute
Carlilse
[name]Charles[/name]

omg many congrats! I only have one son at the minute - he is 8 months and I think boys are fab- would love more boys in the future. Names are so hard - we agonised over our name and in fact I still wonder if I made the right choice- I love his little name- conor james- but often wonder should I mabe have been a little more creative! I think your 3 boys names are lovely. You have been pretty inventive with your middle names while the first names are a more mainstream which is a good idea I think. For your new twin boys I suggest the following:!
[name]Conor[/name] (lol im biased though) and [name]Callum[/name] (maybe too matchy matchy but Ithink they go well with your first son [name]Declan[/name])
[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] and [name]Sam[/name]
[name]Corey[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]
good luck!

[name]Declan[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Frederick[/name] and…
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Conan[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Neville[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name]- love [name]Ernie[/name]
[name]Malachy[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]

I love your sons’ names! The first name is classic and streamlined, followed by a more daring middle name, which is perfect. Some suggestions along with their possible nicknames (Sorry for repeats!!):

[name]Curtis[/name] nn [name]Curt[/name]
[name]Callum[/name] nn [name]Cal[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]/[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Angus[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] nn [name]Ed[/name]/[name]Eddie[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] nn [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]/[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Hector[/name]
[name]Lysander[/name] (for a middle)
[name]Giovanni[/name] nn [name]Gio[/name]
[name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name]/o nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] nn [name]Raffy[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name] (for a middle)
[name]Sebastian[/name] nn Sebi/Bast
[name]Vaughn[/name] (for a middle)
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Kean[/name]
[name]Finnigan[/name]/[name]Finnian[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Horace[/name]

Good luck :slight_smile:

[quote=“3boysnosleep”]We already have 3 boys, and just learned we are pregnant with twin boys!

Our boys’ names are:

[name]Declan[/name] Lionheart
[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] (seen this combo on nameberry recently, although [name]Rufus[/name] is 3. Made me smile)
[name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]” [name]Abbott[/name]

[name]Love[/name] your sons names so much! Your style is inspirational, so I have to think of middle names, too.

Possible first names (none that start with d, r, or f):

[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]August[/name]*
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name] (BER-nard or ber-NARD) nn [name]Bernie[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]*
[name]Hector[/name]*
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]*
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]**
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Ludwig[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
Nicholai
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]*
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]*
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]*
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]*

middle name possibilities: [name]Ivanhoe[/name], [name]Taliesin[/name], [name]Abelard[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Peregrine[/name], [name]Berlin[/name], [name]Lorenzo[/name], [name]Leandro[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Ferdinand[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Kenneth[/name] (This is a just off the edge cool name. Not cool yet, but could be in 5 or 10 years. I would use it as a middle name), [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Ulysses[/name], [name]Julius[/name], [name]Maximillian[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Dante[/name], [name]Florian[/name], [name]Lafayette[/name], [name]Rochester[/name], [name]Beauregard[/name], [name]Montgomery[/name], [name]Tennessee[/name], [name]Zebedee[/name], [name]Orlando[/name], [name]Nicodemus[/name], [name]Ignatio[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], [name]Montague[/name], [name]Marquis[/name], [name]Horatio[/name], [name]Lazarus[/name], [name]Romeo[/name], [name]Ishmael[/name], [name]Alonzo[/name], [name]Alistair[/name], [name]Auberon[/name], [name]Duke[/name], [name]Dmitri[/name], [name]Cornelius[/name], [name]Casimir[/name], [name]Lancelot[/name], Locksley, [name]Sherwood[/name], [name]Forest[/name], [name]Stanislaus[/name], [name]Leroi[/name], [name]Solomon[/name], [name]Fitzwilliam[/name]*** (Mr. [name]Darcy[/name]'s first name in “Pride and Prejudice”), [name]Marmaduke[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Percival[/name], [name]Amadeus[/name].

[name]August[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] and [name]Victor[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name]

[name]August[/name] [name]Beauregard[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Cornelius[/name] and [name]Victor[/name] [name]Montague[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Sherwood[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Duke[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Percival[/name]

• I put stars after my fave names on my list.

I would still consider [name]Theodore[/name] using [name]Theo[/name] as nn!

[name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Theo[/name]!)

I vote [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Callum[/name]! [name]Love[/name] those names.

final lists:

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Rochester[/name] & [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Alastair[/name]

[name]Heathcliff[/name] “[name]Heath[/name]” [name]Paladin[/name] & [name]Balthasar[/name] “Balt” [name]Rex[/name]

[name]Lawrence[/name] Greyfell & [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Haddon[/name]

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name] & [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Haddon[/name]

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Alastair[/name] & [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Rex[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Paladin[/name] & [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alastair[/name]

[name]Callum[/name] Greyfell & [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Archer[/name]

[name]Banning[/name] [name]Haddon[/name] & [name]Heathcliff[/name] “[name]Heath[/name]” [name]Rex[/name]

Please give me your honest opinions on these names and how they sound with [name]Declan[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], & [name]Freddie[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Rochester[/name] & [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Alastair[/name]

[name]Heathcliff[/name] “[name]Heath[/name]” [name]Paladin[/name] & [name]Balthasar[/name] “Balt” R

These two are my favourite- have you also considered [name]Bartholomew[/name]?

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name] & [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Haddon[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Paladin[/name] & [name]Graham[/name] [name]Alastair[/name]

These are my favourites ^^
Especially the last one I think, but I really love [name]Edmund[/name]!
[name]Edmund[/name] [name]Alastair[/name] and [name]Graham[/name] [name]Paladin[/name] would get my vote if it were an option :slight_smile:
I don’t like [name]Banning[/name], Greyfell and [name]Rex[/name]… I can understand why Greyfell would be good though, considering Lionheart, but to me those two are miles apart!

callum and bennett go best with the other boys i think

My favorites:

[name]Callum[/name] Greyfell & [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Archer[/name] –
I love the way [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Bennett[/name] go with [name]Declan[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], & [name]Freddie[/name]! [name]Callum[/name] is a nice compliment to [name]Declan[/name], and [name]Bennett[/name] (nn [name]Ben[/name]?) is a nice fit with [name]Rufus[/name] and [name]Freddie[/name].