3 girls now a boy, help!

See the results of this poll: Kelsie, Macey, Isla and…

Respondents: 85 (This poll is closed)

• Evan : 30 (35%)
  • Brody : 14 (16%)
  • Eli : 11 (13%)
  • Grant: 30 (35%)

I voted for [name]Grant[/name]. I think it is a very classy name.

[name]Evan[/name] would fit nicely in your sibset too. While [name]Brody[/name] is a nice name, I think it sends your set into the trendy direction. I like [name]Eli[/name] too but only as a nickname for [name]Elias[/name] or [name]Elijah[/name].

With [name]Kelsie[/name], [name]Macey[/name], and [name]Isla[/name], I like [name]Brody[/name] the best! (Although I just like [name]Brody[/name] best in general, haha.) It has ties to the Gaelic [name]Isla[/name], and the more trendy/surnamey [name]Kelsie[/name] and [name]Macey[/name], so I think it pulls the sibset together in a very attractive way. :slight_smile: I think your other options are very lovely, though–I just love [name]Brody[/name] the best. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks, I am a fan of [name]Brody[/name] (hubby not so much) I like the vowel sound of [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Evan[/name] together. Open to other suggestion too!!

[name]Grant[/name] is my favorite on its own, but I think that [name]Brody[/name] fits the best with the sister names.

I think [name]Brody[/name] fits best.

1 [name]Grant[/name]
2 [name]Evan[/name]
3 [name]Brody[/name]

I like [name]Grant[/name] because when you say all 4 names together I think that one sounds the best. Two of your names end with an “e” sound so I don’t think it would sound good if your son’s did as well. It would make [name]Isla[/name] sound out of place. My second choice would be [name]Evan[/name] for those same reasons but [name]Grant[/name] matches your other kids names better

[name]Brody[/name] makes [name]Isla[/name] the only one without a “y”-ending name, [name]Eli[/name] is far too similar to [name]Isla[/name]. [name]Grant[/name] sounds perfect!

I think [name]Evan[/name] fits best. [name]Brody[/name] is too trendy and [name]Eli[/name] doesn’t sound complete (plus [name]Eli[/name]/[name]Isla[/name]?) [name]Grant[/name] fits well with [name]Isla[/name], but not really with [name]Macey[/name] and [name]Kelsie[/name].

Thanks everyone, I think I am also leaning towards [name]Evan[/name] or [name]Grant[/name] at this point, the “e” sound at the end of [name]Brody[/name] might be a bit much with the other names.

[name]Grant[/name] is a perfect name, [name]IMO[/name]. Definitely gets my vote.

Thanks. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Grant[/name] is a masculine name? I am a bit worried might be a bit ‘soft’

I think [name]Grant[/name] is totally manly.

thanks, any other suggestions to add to the list?

I like [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Brody[/name] with your girl names.

My thoughts exactly except I prefer [name]Evan[/name].

[name]Brody[/name] is cute but leaves poor little [name]Isla[/name] out of the club. [name]Eli[/name] is almost like [name]Isla[/name] backwards, but if you went with [name]Elijah[/name] I think you could get away with it as a nickname.

[name]Grant[/name] is a little on the stuffy side next to the other names, [name]IMO[/name]. [name]Evan[/name] is a great choice. Strong, classic, sturdy, yet approachable and warm.

I agree with everyone else-- [name]Brody[/name] has the same ending sound as your first two daughters, and [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] are almost indistinguishable.

[name]Grant[/name] is extremely handsome. It’s a clipped, strong, masculine monosyllable with firm consonant sounds. It’s been described as the ‘ultimate tall, dark and handsome’ name. It definitely has my vote.

[name]Eli[/name] or [name]Evan[/name], it flows. To me the E’s flow with the rest of the names. I voted for [name]Evan[/name] because it flowed the best

If [name]Isla[/name] is pronounced eye-la, I feel like [name]Eli[/name] (or [name]Elias[/name]/[name]Elijah[/name]) sounds too similar to work in a sibset.

[name]Grant[/name] is a solid name, classic and has a nice sound, but I feel it’s too formal for your sibset, when your other kids’ names have a more casual feel to them.

I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Brody[/name] (always seemed like a ditzy, surfer kinda name to me for some reason, I don’t know why), and also feel like the ‘y’ sound at the end is maybe a little too matchy with [name]Kelsie[/name] and [name]Macey[/name] already ending in that sound.

[name]Evan[/name] I think fits really well with your sibset, and is a very nice name. It’s casual in a similar way to the other three names, and has a different sound while not feeling too far away. The only negative thing about it for me is the fact that it’s the #40 most common boys name. If that doesn’t bother you then this is a solid name choice.