3 Questions about Ezra

My husband and I agree on few names, but we both like [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] a lot.

1. Since this is a biblical name, is it weird for us to use if neither of us are [name_m]Christian[/name_m]?

2. Big sister’s name is [name_f]Petra[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] these names sound too alike?

3. Any ideas on middle names? The only one I like at the moment is Tennant, after [name_m]David[/name_m] Tennant (I’m a bit of of [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who nerd)

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] may be in the Bible but it doesn’t immediately bring to mind Christians for me.

[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] are a bit too similar for my liking.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Teague[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Neil[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]

Agreed on both points.

1. No, I don’t think it’s weird to give your baby a biblical name if you’re not a [name_m]Christian[/name_m]. There are swaths of Noahs and [name_m]Daniels[/name_m] and Isaacs who come from non-religious/non-[name_m]Christian[/name_m] families.

2. Other than the ‘eh’ sound and the fact they both end in an ‘uh’ sound, I don’t think they sound similar. They don’t share any consonants, and they don’t rhyme, so I think they sound fine together.

Middles:

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]

It is pretty biblical. It also makes me think of the 90s band Better Than [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] :slight_smile: Also, I like [name_f]Petra[/name_f]! I do think that [name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] are a little repetitive together. If you’re up for suggestions, how about…

[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_m]Clayton[/name_m]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_m]Harlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_m]Zane[/name_m]