3 weeks 5 days, is it too soon to test?

[name_f]My[/name_f] period is expected to start tomorrow and so far there is no sign. I had what I think could have been implantation bleeding/spotting about 5 days go. Should I go ahead and test? or would you wait?

1 Like

I’ve never been a patient person, so I always tested before my period was due, and for all of my pregnancies had very very faint lines that I watched darken. BUT also know that it might be too early, so it’s not definitive if you don’t get a positive. I also once had a chemical or early miscarriage that didn’t darken. So just be prepared either way but I think the day before is not too early (I’ve done much worse, lol).

4 Likes

I waited until my period was a week overdue. I didn’t want to know I was pregnant if it might just be a chemical pregnancy.

But it’s not too early to take an early response test!

I waited till the day of my missed period but I suppose it’s different as I wasn’t TTC at that point she wasn’t expected but the day I didn’t receive my period I took a test and it came back positive

I took a test 8dpo and got a very very faint positive that darkened.

1 Like

agreed.

[name_f]My[/name_f] current pregnancy, I got a very faint positive with first morning urine at 3 weeks 1 day. I didn’t realize it was so early until I checked after your question.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] ittttt. Most tests are sensitive enough to get a faint positive at 10DPO

I’ve had positive tests up to 5 days before my missed period (For me, that’s about 3 weeks 2/3 days) before, but on my current pregnancy I didn’t get a positive until 2 days before my missed period.
Test (I especially recommend buying a pack of cheap Wondfos for future cycles!) if you want to, but know that you might not get accurate results.