3 Weeks to Go and Back to the Drawing Board!

Hey Nameberries!

I’m due [name_f]October[/name_f] 1st and having a mini-crisis. My husband and I had decided on a girl’s name a couple of months ago: [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Daddy mostly chose it for it’s meaning: “[name_u]Truth[/name_u]” and “[name_m]Light[/name_m]”. He said “it’s perfect!” and I said, “Great, we’re done!”. Or, so I thought…

Last week my hubby started questioning the decision. He feels it clashes with our other daughters’ names (in my signature)…it’s too “buttoned up”, and it completely ignores his strong preference for botanical names.

So, I brought back up the name that I had been longing for: [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. It’s botanical and biblical, so 2 points right off the bat, and it subtly honors my beloved and greatly missed grandmother (for a kind of convoluted reason, but it works for me). I expected him to shelve it immediately and declare that our first choice was still right, but instead, he’s seriously considering it.

So now I’m looking for middle names. That always seems to be what makes or breaks a name choice for him. Primary criteria would be:

*one or two syllables (anything longer feels like two much with a 3 syllable first name)
*positive meaning or namesake
*not too far “out there”–classic or at least recognizable
*doesn’t clash with our one-syllable, very [name_m]German[/name_m]-sounding “K” last name

Ideas I’ve floated out so far:

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (my favorite, but a close friend just gave her daughter this mn. so I’m reluctant)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

Our other daughters’ middle names are [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f].

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] are my favourites. I do like [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] as well, but your other girls all have word middle names!
I wouldn’t worry about your friend using [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Like [name_f]Grace[/name_f], it’s a fairly popular name to put in the middle spot (because its pretty and just flows) that I dont think your friend would be offended

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all of those. Maybe…
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Afton[/name_f]

I really love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] with your other children’s names. My second and third choices would be [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Eden[/name_u].

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. I think either [name_f]Verity[/name_f] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] works with your kids’ names. I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is beyond beautiful, and gets my vote.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is my favorite. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is used often enough as a middle name that I don’t think your friend using it is that big of a deal. I also like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f].

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Tess/name_f

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] has been a favorite of mine for a long time but my husband vetoed it. I recently fell in love with [name_f]Verity[/name_f]. You have great taste!

I think either one goes great with your other names. I like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Clare[/name_u] a lot but they are all beautiful. I too think that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is popular enough that it shouldn’t matter if you know others with the same mn. If it was the first name that would be different.

Good luck. I have 4/5 weeks left and we are back to the drawing board too.

I really love [name_f]Verity[/name_f] and I think it fits with your other children just fine. I don’t love [name_f]Claire[/name_f] paired with it given the two names rhyme and sound sing songy. I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]! I think [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is my favorite mn.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] are lovely. Can I suggest [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]?

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]

I highly doubt naming her [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be an issue as [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle name is relatively common. It’s my face combo out of yours, and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is a close second.

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
Juinper [name_f]Roisin[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Salome[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Adela[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Martha[/name_f]

Would [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] be an option? It still incorporates one of you original choices, has a beautiful meaning, is one syllable and imo flows really well with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. I think it works well

Yes, it’s definitely on the list. :slight_smile: