3 weeks to go!

See the results of this poll: Top 4 favourites

Respondents: 58 (This poll is closed)

• Frankie-Jean : 5 (7%)
  • Elsie Rose : 24 (35%)
  • Iris ?.. : 28 (41%)
  • Alba Frances: 12 (17%)

I voted for [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but I think I prefer [name]Iris[/name] with one of these middles:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

[name]Frankie[/name] and [name]Elsie[/name] make cute nicknames, but I wouldnt want them as full names, especially paired with [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Jean[/name]. It sounds very UK tryndee.

I love [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Alba[/name] though, so either of those works for me. [name]Iris[/name] [name]Jean[/name] works just fine, if its significant to you. Otherwise you can go for something with a bit more kick. [name]Iris[/name] [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name], etc.

[name]Alba[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is perfect as is. I do like [name]Iris[/name] slightly better a first name though.

[name]Elsie[/name] is a very cute name, but was originally a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Elsie[/name] would be very pretty, though much more traditional, but that’s what I would name your daughter if it were up to me. :slight_smile:

[name]Frances[/name] [name]Jean[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Jean[/name], [name]Frankie[/name] for short, would have won for me. [name]Frankie[/name]-[name]Jean[/name] though, no.

[name]Alba[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is pleasant though reversed would do it for me more, as [name]Al[/name]/[name]Ally[/name]/[name]Allie[/name] are quite popular amongst little girls.

I really love [name]Iris[/name] best. Something a bit quirky but not too formal would set it off well. [name]Clio[/name]? Or [name]Xanthe[/name], [name]Vita[/name], [name]Zenna[/name]… something from the less-used end of the alphabet would be nice.

Her sisters name is [name]Eden[/name] [name]Nellie[/name], so would have to go with that. Such a tricky decision. I may have to wait till I meet her.

Part of me loves [name]Frankie[/name]-[name]Jean[/name]…it’s so cute! Part of me loves [name]Elsie[/name] but I feel like [name]Frankie[/name]-[name]Jean[/name] is more one-of-a-kind.

[name]Iris[/name] is my favorite. :slight_smile: I can appreciate [name]Alba[/name] [name]Frances[/name], too, but I really love [name]Iris[/name]. Possibly something like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]? [name]Iris[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]?

I love [name]Iris[/name]! I like [name]Ash[/name]'s suggestions, but I just wanted to throw out [name]Iris[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]/[name]Iris[/name] [name]Maggie[/name]/[name]Iris[/name] [name]Mae[/name].

Ohh I like the idea of [name]Iris[/name] [name]Maggie[/name], that goes well with her sister. But I’m still torn.

• [name]Frankie[/name]-[name]Jean[/name] has a spunky vintage appeal however it feels quite informal. Would you consider [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Jean[/name] with [name]Frankie[/name]-[name]Jean[/name] as a nn? I quite like [name]Frances[/name] [name]Jean[/name] as well.
  • [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is similarly vintage however more innocent and child-like that I’m not sure I could see on an adult. [name]How[/name] about a longer version of the first or middle like [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (nn [name]Elsie[/name]) or [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]?
  • [name]Iris[/name] doesn’t particularly appeal, very great-grandma to me or better in the middle spot.
  • [name]Alba[/name] is okay but I prefer [name]Frances[/name] [name]Alba[/name] as the rhythm, flow is better to me.
  • Since I don’t see any mention of [name]Margaret[/name] I’ll put in [name]Margot[/name] as a variation that I find very nice. [name]Margot[/name] [name]Jean[/name], [name]Margot[/name] [name]Rose[/name].
    Good luck!