30 weeks and my list is still all over the place!

I look at my list of names which has been compiled out of sheer frustrastion and feel so discouraged. I’m trying so hard to not give up completely. I’ve walked away for a week or two and come back with no new insight so I’m looking for opinions on my list and even more suggestions even though I feel like I’ve looked at every legitimate name out there! :slight_smile: I’ve left a few off because some of them are very similiar so I picked out of the two similar names and only posted one.

[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Benson[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Giles[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]

Last name is [name]Perry[/name] and he will be brother to [name]Simon[/name]. Thank you so much for anything you have to offer! My feelings will not be hurt over any comments. :slight_smile:

[name]Oscar[/name]!

There you go - all done for you:)

We eventually found our son to be’s name last week (at just under 37 weeks pregnant) so don’t despair. Out of all your options I think [name]Oscar[/name] goes best with [name]Simon[/name]. Or maybe [name]Theo[/name]; [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Giles[/name] are a little similar sounding to [name]Simon[/name] so you may find yourself a little tongue tied. Also [name]Benson[/name] has the same end sound as [name]Simon[/name] so it may look a little as though you’re into ‘un’ ends! Having said that, our little one’s going to be [name]Otto[/name] and we already have an [name]Oscar[/name] so who am I to talk?

It will come:)

I love [name]Abel[/name], [name]Abram[/name], [name]Gareth[/name] and [name]Theo[/name]! All sound fabulous with [name]Simon[/name]! Or how about:

[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name] (love with [name]Simon[/name]!)
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]Frederic[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]

I’ll come back if I think of any more!

1 [name]Oscar[/name]
2 [name]Theo[/name]

The three comments so far already having me feeling more hopeful and sparked some excitement back into the naming process a little! I can’t tell you how much I need that! Thank you so much! Thank you britgirl for making me laugh and sugarfoot for appreciating [name]Giles[/name]! The baby’s father says [name]Giles[/name] [name]Perry[/name] sounds like a jazz musician to him. I think that was supposed to turn me off…except I love jazz, big band and swing music. [name]Silly[/name] men. Thanks leonielee for liking both of my “[name]Abe[/name]” names and the suggestions. I feel like I should like [name]Ezra[/name] but for some reason I can’t shake the feminine sound it has to me! I’ve tried it numerous times in my head.

1. [name]Milo[/name] - I think it sounds great with your last name.
    2)[name]Abram[/name] - What a strong name. I love it! You also have a bit of a Bible theme with this sib-set
    3)[name]Graham[/name] - I know it’s not on your list, but I loved it with [name]Simon[/name] and your last name.

I completely agree! My best friend has said that she just can’t get her head around it. I don’t think that’s a terrible thing, I think it will give him the chance to make it all his own.

I love [name]Henry[/name] with [name]Simon[/name]! [name]Theo[/name] is my second choice. You have a list of very handsome names.:slight_smile:

I really love [name]Abram[/name]. I had it on my list for boys but don’t think I would have been brave enough to use it.

I don’t care for [name]Theo[/name] with [name]Simon[/name], it’s a little too cartoon chipmunks for me. I’m not a fan of [name]Oscar[/name] for the same reason - I know he wasn’t the 3rd chipmunk but for some reason sounds like he could have been to me.

Good luck, you’ll decide on what’s perfect eventually, and it’s only your and your husband’s opinions that really matter!

[name]Abel[/name]- i like it but its nms
[name]Abram[/name]- see above^
[name]Benson[/name]- I would prefer [name]Bennett[/name].
[name]Gareth[/name]- its alright, [name]Garrett[/name] maybe?
[name]Giles[/name]- nms
[name]Henry[/name]- nms but works well with [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]- nms
[name]Oscar[/name]- nms at all
[name]Theo[/name]- alright, and good with [name]Simon[/name]

Some other suggestions would be:
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name])
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Conner[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Cain[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

I like [name]Theo[/name] - although it almost makes me think of the chipmunks when paired with [name]Simon[/name] ([name]Alvin[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Theodore[/name]…). What about [name]Miles[/name] instead of [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Giles[/name]? [name]Oliver[/name]? [name]Jack[/name]?

I like the sound of [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Asher[/name].
both biblical, both cool but not too strange.

Those stinkin’ chipmunks are the whole reason [name]Theodore[/name] is out! :slight_smile: [name]Theo[/name] is me not letting it go completely just yet.

[name]Abel[/name] - I don’t love this one. Especially with [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Abram[/name] - This is a nice name, but doesn’t really mesh with [name]Simon[/name] [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Benson[/name] - cute- but do want two boys with an “on” ending?
[name]Gareth[/name] - ok. [name]Do[/name] you like nicknames? This one doesn’t have an obvious one.
[name]Giles[/name] - this is nice and it goes well with [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] - just one of the best names ever. It’s kind of popular- does that matter to you?
[name]Milo[/name] - so cute, but again- kind of popular?
[name]Oscar[/name] - my favorite.
[name]Theo[/name] - I prefer [name]Theodore[/name], but if you’re in the US, you’re going to get a lot of “where’s [name]Alvin[/name]?” stuff

Have you considered [name]Dexter[/name] or [name]Spencer[/name]?