30 weeks preggo and thinking of changing name

So we’v e been calling our girlie [name]Stella[/name] for about the last 4 months. Now, at almost 8 months, I am starting to really question this choice. This happened with both our other children too and we ended up with a different name for each in the end. So, here’s where we are:
Current top choice:
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Other possibilities:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Mia[/name] or [name]Mila[/name] as a nn)
[name]Josephina[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Posy[/name])

FWIW, our other two kiddos are [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Aw, I love [name]Stella[/name]! It has so much energy and spunk to it, but is still so vintage and classy. I think it has many of the same qualities as [name]Sophie[/name] does. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is a lovely combo. I like [name]Violet[/name] too, but as many people have pointed out, it sounds a little bit like violent, and for that reason I cant bring myself to love it. [name]Amelia[/name] is another lovely name. You can always pick out two names now and then wait to meet the little one and see which one fits her.

[name]Just[/name] out of curiousity, what other names did you have picked out for [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] before you changed your mind?

[/quote]

[name]Noah[/name] was [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] was [name]Lilly[/name]

Well, does it bother you that [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] both start with S? If so, then I think both [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] make lovely choices, but I’m not sure how [name]Josephine[/name] fits with the sib-set! Since [name]Violet[/name] is my fav, I would go with that, but it’s your choice!

Good luck!
Bounce

I actually like that…I don’t know why. I just like the way they all sound together. [name]Sylvie[/name] was a favorite too but my hubby vetoed it as it was too close to [name]Sophie[/name].

Current top choice:
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]—I like how [name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] seems very filled out. It isn’t brief (like my name), nor is it TOO long (like, say, [name]Elisabetta[/name] [name]Delphinea[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name], or something of the like). [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is also gorgeous–really, [name]Stella[/name], [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are all beautiful–but I think [name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] flows best. Also, [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] are very cute. Although they do start the same, they are otherwise different, but have a good beat together. And since your son’s [name]Noah[/name], it breaks up the matchy-ness.

Other possibilities:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]—I would just use [name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. If you end up liking [name]Violet[/name] better, then she can always go by that, right? And [name]Stella[/name] softens up the combo. However, if you add an -a to [name]Violet[/name] ([name]Violeta[/name]/[name]Violetta[/name]), it wouldn’t need [name]Stella[/name].
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Mia[/name] or [name]Mila[/name] as a nn)—Oooh, this one is also quite lovely. I do like the nn [name]Mila[/name], although I’m not the fondest of [name]Mia[/name]. I’d say that after the original, this would be my favorite combo.
[name]Josephina[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Posy[/name])—I’m not crazy about the same first and middle initials, but it works well in this one. And [name]Posy[/name] is as cute as can be. I don’t think it goes well with your other two, though. Not only is [name]Josephina[/name] longer, but it also has a “phi,” like in [name]Sophie[/name]. Plus, [name]Posy[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] are practically the same name, but flipped, which I think would be unnecessarily confusing. Maybe for a middle.

NameGoddess

I think [name]Stella[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Amelia[/name] would all sound great with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]. [name]Josephina[/name] seems too long and frilly to go well, and I don’t like the repeating O sounds in [name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], and [name]Josephina[/name]. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are all lovely names, but I think I like [name]Violet[/name] best with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name].

My pick would be [name]Violet[/name]. Such a sweet name, and it works very well with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]. It also begins with its own unique letter and ends with its own unique sound. That said, I think [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] would still work with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Violet[/name] is just my fave : ) [name]Josephina[/name], as some others have mentioned, feels too frilly with your other names. It also sounds a little too much like [name]Sophie[/name] to me (you could spell [name]Sophi[/name] or [name]Sophia[/name] using letters from [name]Josephina[/name]). [name]Hope[/name] that helps :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! I really do love [name]Noah[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], and [name]Stella[/name] together. I also love names, so I suppose I will be trying to feel better about her name until she’s here.

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is my favorite, but the double middle seems to get odd responses from some people. We’ll see if I can make the double middle happen (DH is opposed)!