32 weeks & looking for some exotic suggestions!

I’m looking for more suggestions (I KNOW!). I’m about 32 weeks along with this little lady & although we have a few names we like, nothing is feeling “right” when I use them to refer to the bump.

We like exotic names, and my husband has a thing for mythology/fantasy names where I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] nature names.

We love the name [name_f]Athena[/name_f] but we think it’s too similar to our daughter’s name. Our top contender is [name_f]Indira[/name_f], which we think is gorgeous - my only concern with it is that its an [name_f]Indian[/name_f] name & we live in a city with a HUGE [name_f]Indian[/name_f] population (think upwards of 40%). If she was born today we would name her [name_f]Indira[/name_f], but I’d love some more options/suggestions.
We have settled on the middle name - it will be [name_u]Sage[/name_u].

Our first daughter came weeks before her due date so if she follows in her sister’s footsteps I’m expecting this baby to be born by [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. If I felt 100% secure about our name choice it would reduce my stress level dramatically.

I’m really hoping to get some suggestions from all you wonderful name nerds!

Honestly, I am not great with coming up with exotic names. I think Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f] sound great together! I think [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is lovely as well.

I love Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], it’s one of my favorite names in people’s signatures here. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Kalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Melia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]

If you like fantasy, have you considered [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]? Based on your style some other ideas are, [name_f]Melisandre[/name_f], [name_f]Isis[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], Ygritte, and [name_f]Athena[/name_f]

[name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f]
Madelief
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliska[/name_f]
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
[name_f]Eurydice[/name_f]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]

gwensmom - Thanks! We love it too. I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f] but my husband hates it, and as much as I like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] I can’t get away from the [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls association.

bnichols - I do actually like [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], in high school I was a real LOTR junkie. I would prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] now though… And I love [name_f]Willow[/name_f] but [name_u]Corey[/name_u] (my husband) isn’t keen on it.

sorceress - [name_f]Callisto[/name_f]/[name_f]Callista[/name_f] is gorgeous! And [name_f]Circe[/name_f] is fabulous but too strongly associated for me with Game of Thrones at the moment (that series is bonkers).

I really like [name_f]Indira[/name_f]! And Eliwen! My other suggestion would be [name_f]Karenza[/name_f] ([name_f]Karensa[/name_f]), NN [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I love this name & have never met a single person with it in real life. It was a serious contender for one of my daughter’s names, and I sort of regret not using it…I think it is perfection with Azula! Good luck!

We really like [name_f]Indira[/name_f] too! I’m just worried that it loses some of its shine when you think how our area is SO heavily populated by the Indo-Canadian community. She will probably go to school with a dozen kids named Inder.
Thanks for the Karenza suggestion, that is very interesting! I have mixed feelings about using Karen because there is a Karen in our family already.

Indali
[name_f]Sari[/name_f]
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Shobha[/name_f]
Sasani
[name_f]Sonya[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]

rollo

[name_f]Love[/name_f] Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]!

Here are other fn name suggestions…

Inara [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Elia[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] (prn ellie-uh or EE-leah)
Liara [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Arissa[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliane[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Xenia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Ksenia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] (kuh-sen-ya)
[name_f]Isela[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] (ee-seh-la)
[name_f]Teyla[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Laelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lalia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] (lay-lee-uh)
[name_f]Evanna[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Zenna[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezri[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Elula[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Aeliana[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Adara[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

tfzolghadr - Thanks! That’s a load of suggestions - I actually have always loved the name [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], and we have friends who named their daughter Kalyani, I love that too. I’ll think about [name_f]Raina[/name_f] & [name_f]Savita[/name_f] - those are beautiful.

rollo - Indali is pretty but I think I prefer [name_f]Indira[/name_f]. [name_f]Melisande[/name_f] is a cool suggestion too, but maybe too feminine for us?

lavenderbelle - Oh Inara! [name_m]How[/name_m] I love it… but being fans of Firefly we could never use it (she was a space prostitute). [name_f]Elora[/name_f] makes me think of the 80’s movie [name_f]Willow[/name_f]. I love the name but the association is just too silly. I like [name_f]Elula[/name_f] but it would be too rhymey with Azula, [name_f]Zenna[/name_f] is WONDERFUL but we have friends who named their baby [name_f]Zenya[/name_f] so that is out for us (I’m actually really sad about it).

Adinda
[name_f]Aislin[/name_f]
[name_f]Eila[/name_f]
Niahm
Meddow
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

selienepien- Thanks for the suggestions. I like [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], but I don’t think the rest are really “exotic” - in any case they don’t really appeal to me…

Hopefully no repeats :slight_smile:

[name_f]Irissa[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Nivea [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Alyssum [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Taissa [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Narnia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Charisma[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Kitana[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Portia[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Caspia [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Jacinda[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Caprica [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliska[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Eluna [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Tamlyn [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Prisma [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Rivka[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Elaida [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Jovvi [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Lyanna [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Keffria [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Serilla [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Sintara [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Xylina [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Bellona [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Dimity [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiora[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

Azula [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and:
[name_f]Zelie[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Eilin [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] sage
[name_u]Tali[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Pania[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

Arg I’m sure I have more but I think it’s bed time for me… [name_m]Brain[/name_m] no longer functioning!

bluejuniper - Thanks for the cool suggestions! [name_f]Irissa[/name_f] & Eluna I could get on board with. [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] & Caprica have me on the fence. Is Caprica too Battlestar Galactica? [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] seems to have a couple of awesome associations & a couple not-so-great ones (a classic nudist film, a genus of slugs, a deathcore band & a gas giant in Metroid Prime 3) so maybe it’s not super usable. It is so pretty though.
Anyway [name_f]Irissa[/name_f] & Eluna are lovely.

tuitree - [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] is so cute!