34 weeks with first baby girl.....please help me decide between two names!

I have been searching baby names since the day I found out I was pregnant. After months of adding and deleting…husband doesn’t like…mother doesn’t like…searching family history, etc., we have it narrowed down to two names( I think). A definite decision is her middle name which will be [name]Beatrice[/name] after my grandmother…

So we have [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]…I love [name]Maren[/name] because I can come away with the great nickname of [name]Ren[/name] which I love and honor another family member with the name [name]Mary[/name]…so 2 names in 1…or

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]…I prefer this spelling but there is no 2 for 1 deal

I have two boys named [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Maddox[/name] [name]William[/name]. Other thoughts would be nickname [name]Renny[/name]/[name]Rennie[/name]? And is there such a name as Renley/Wrenley because I really like the sound of those. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I love [name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]! It’s classy & spunky!

If you plan on calling her [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Ren[/name] either way, then I would go with [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. I’m all about a 2 for 1!

I honestly like [name]Maren[/name] better with [name]Elliott[/name] & [name]Wren[/name] better with [name]Maddox[/name]!
They both work great with the sibset though!

Renley/Wrenley sounds kind of made up. I would take Dr. [name]Maren[/name] Lastname or Dr. [name]Wren[/name] Lastname a lot more seriously than I would a Dr. Wrenley Lastname.

I make all naming decisions as if my child will be a Dr., not a stripper.

Good luck & congrats on the baby girl!

I adore [name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]! [name]Wren[/name] is such a sweet name and [name]Beatrice[/name] pairs with it really well. I like the added meaning behind [name]Maren[/name], which is lovely, as well, but I honestly like [name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] more and I think it fits better with her brothers (I’m not a huge fan of the alliteration of [name]Maddox[/name] and [name]Maren[/name]). If you would like to honor the [name]Mary[/name], though, I think [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], nn [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Ren[/name], might be the better choice, though.

Good luck!

I prefer [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] by far. [name]Wren[/name] just feels like it is missing something as a full name but works great as a nn. [name]Maren[/name] is a winer!

I like the sound of [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] better too as well as the meaning behind it. [name]Ren[/name] is a good nn and I like it much better than Renly.

I like [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Wren[/name] is a little too funky to be a full name in my opinion. Besides, when your daughter is all grown up and applying for a job, she may prefer to write “[name]Maren[/name]” on her resume. Good luck!

I love the feedback and appreciate it so much! You all have me thinking about things I haven’t thought of which is great!

1 Like

I like [name]Maren[/name] better because you can always shorten that name to ren or wren :). Good luck!

I would choose [name]Maren[/name] because you get the more formal name that honors family AND the nn [name]Wren[/name]/[name]Ren[/name]. Plus when she’s older she’ll have the option to use [name]Maren[/name] if she wants. Plus, I think [name]Maren[/name] is a beautiful name and [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] sounds lovely.

Same as many other pp suugested. [name]Maren[/name] nn [name]Wren[/name]/ Wrenny

I vote for [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] too. I like the flow better than [name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and the fact that it is more flexible.

rollo

PS [name]Renny[/name] is really cute as a nn

I would go with [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. Not only do you get 2 for 1 honoring your family member, its also more pleasing to the ear than [name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. I’ve never heard of Renly/Wrenly, (I prefer the spelling Wrenly) but if you like those too I think they would work. It reminds me of [name]Finley[/name].

immediately i picked maren beatrice. the only thing that gives me a bit of pause is the alliteration of maddox and maren, but i do like the nickname ren!

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] for sure! Perfect flow and amount of syllables! [name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] sort of feels like a mouthful, although it doesn’t look like it!

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], you can always call her [name]Ren[/name]/[name]Wren[/name] and it keeps options open for full name/nicknames. I love that you get the added significance, plus a really lovely name! I’ve met a few Marens, different ages and all different personalities and it’s a name that every single one seems to wear well.

[name]Maren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]!

My choice would be [name]Wren[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. It seems more in keeping with your sons’ names, and I dislike sharing first initials as a general rule. Also, to me at least, [name]Wren[/name] seems so much more interesting than [name]Maren[/name].