36 weeks with no name!!

I love [name]Jonnie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]! Personally, I [name]LOVE[/name] unisex names or when girls have typically male names.

Have you thought about [name]Connor[/name]? [name]Connor[/name] is kind of a common male name, but it is also feminine. And, if she wishes once she gets older she can go by [name]Connie[/name], or a sort of that.

Again, I love the male names for girls! I do the same with my children. :slight_smile:

I found this response to be quite rude and not helpful at all. Not classy or in good taste at all.

In response to the original poster, I think the nickname [name]Jonnie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] is cute and has a bit of spunk. I am not a fan of [name]Richard[/name] though. But probably because I just don’t like the name [name]Richard[/name], on a boy or on a girl.

I like:

[name]George[/name] [name]Marie[/name](like [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Drew[/name]'s friend!) This one could have a multitude of nn, such as [name]Gemmy[/name], [name]Gem[/name], [name]Georgie[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

Im guessing the original poster left nameberry after a few of the responses she got, some of which were pretty mean. If she is still checking I will give my suggestions. [name]Even[/name] though I do like unisex names on girls, Im going to say that [name]Richard[/name] isnt something I would recommend. Its just too wrapped up in the era of men who are now in their 60’s and I think you can do better. If you want the nn of [name]Richard[/name], what about just naming her [name]Richie[/name] or Riccie? If your open to other ideas what about:

[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Kayden[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] (super cute on a girl)
[name]Jessie[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]

I dont know, I feel like a lot of the ones Im recommending arent going to be up your alley, because they might be too feminine. Either way, I wish you luck and Im sorry you had some pretty mean comments on your daughter who is already named.

If you are still around, here are some suggestions:

[name]Jesse[/name]- [name]Jonnie[/name] and [name]Jesse[/name] are really cute together. Something like [name]Jesse[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Jesse[/name] [name]Lee[/name].
[name]Quinn[/name] or [name]Quinlan[/name]- nn Quinny
[name]Tucker[/name]- nn [name]Tuck[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]- nn [name]Emmy[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]- nn [name]Jazzy[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]- nn [name]Ry[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name]- nn [name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]- nn [name]Ellie[/name]
Gracen- nn [name]Gracie[/name]

I saw on a tv show not long ago (okay, it was The [name]Bachelor[/name]…no judgement!) a little girl named [name]Ricky[/name]. It seemed to suit her.

I love [name]Jonnie[/name] on a girl! And congrats on another child :slight_smile:
I like your [name]Richard[/name] suggestion but I like the nn [name]Rikki[/name] better :slight_smile:

Suggestion:

[name]Edwin[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (nn [name]Winnie[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Acacia[/name] (nn [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Carly[/name])
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Willow[/name] (nn [name]Sam[/name] or [name]Sammi[/name])
[name]Franklin[/name] [name]Basil[/name] (nn [name]Frankie[/name])
[name]Adam[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] (nn AJ or [name]Jesse[/name])
[name]David[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] (nn [name]Davie[/name] or DJ)

Hoped I helped :smiley:

I think you’re set on naming your daughter a classic male name, so I would go with [name]Alexander[/name], because she can go by the uber girly [name]Lexi[/name] when she inevitably decides to rebel against her name. Or you could just make her life easy and call her [name]Alexandra[/name]!

I’m sorry if that sounded rude but I’m shocked that you called your daughter [name]Jonathan[/name] and you’re considering [name]Richard[/name] ([name]Dick[/name]!!!) for another lil girl. I’m sure [name]Jonnie[/name]'s absolutely adorable, but come on, this is taking the unisex thing a little far.

I’m honestly curious as to why you’re doing this? Sorry, I just don’t get it! Anyway good luck and the berries have given you some great suggestions.

I’d like to point out that [name]George[/name]'s real name was [name]Georgia[/name], but she was a tomboy so she chose to go by [name]George[/name]. I think giving a girl a classic male name is pushing them to adopt a certain identity. To the op, just make sure the name you choose has a feminine nn so your daughter has that option!

I know her real name is [name]Georgia[/name] but she always went by [name]George[/name], ergo “Like [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Drew[/name]'s friend”. I thought that since it is a literary character that is quite famous, it wouldn’t seem so outlandish. The OP seems dead-set on giving her girl a masculine name, so instead of fighting it, why not offer up some viable options for her?

hi ladies, sorry for posting and never coming back. i will admit that some of the cmmts here hurt my feelings, and i felt too scared to come back incase i got attacked more.

we ended up having our little girl on the 18th of april and named her [name]Miller[/name] [name]Quinn[/name], she was 6lb. 12 oz. we call her [name]Milly[/name] for short and [name]Jonnie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] is smitten with her. [name]Milly[/name] has blond hair and bright blue eyes

thank you so much for your help everyone.

Thank goodness that you have come back to nameberry! I was worried in case you had been upset, you were very unlucky that it occurred, I don’t understand how it happened because nameberry is usually a very friendly environment.

Warmest congratulations to you, your husband and the family.
What a gorgeous name you have chosen for your baby girl, and it works beautifully with her sister’s name.

I think [name]Milly[/name] is the cutest of nn’s and she sounds like a beautiful little girl.

Wishing you every good wish for the future, so sorry you had a problem.

with kind regards,

rollo :slight_smile:

P.S. I have just reread the posts and [name]Miller[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] were both names suggested by the nameberries, and I am very pleased because [name]Quinn[/name] was suggested by me! :smiley:

Congratulations to you and welcome to her! And awesome to hear [name]Jonnie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] is taking so well to being a big sis : D. [name]Miller[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] is such a fun name, but grounded too to give more options to sweet and spunky nn [name]Milly[/name] : D. All best!

Well, [name]Millie[/name] is a sweet nickname anyway. :slight_smile:

Congrats on your healthy new baby girl!

Congrats! [name]Miller[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] is a beautiful name, and [name]Jonnie[/name] and [name]Millie[/name], a beautiful FUN pairing!

I agree with [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Millie[/name] is sweet and better than [name]Dickie[/name] (from [name]Richard[/name]) :mrgreen:

[name]Jonnie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Milly[/name] are a cute pair! Congrats on your new daughter and all the best to you!

Congratulations! [name]Milly[/name] is adorable.

[name]Miller[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name] is a nice choice.

I think [name]Melissa[/name] Etheridge would agree - her twins are named [name]Johnnie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Miller[/name] [name]Steven[/name] (although [name]Miller[/name] is a boy.)

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Miller[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]!!! I think you did a fabulous job. i was surprised by [name]Jonathan[/name] on a girl, but like it alot actually, and generally prefer a well chosen boys name on a girl to the unisex names… certain names are better choices than others, and i was definitely having trouble warming up to [name]Richard[/name] or “[name]Dick[/name]”, but am sorry that anyone was so rude to you about your first daughter’s name. i have a girl dog named Mylo, my daughter has a middle name [name]Carlen[/name], and I really love the idea of girls named [name]James[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Tristan[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Cameron[/name], etc… I’m going to have to add [name]Miller[/name] to that list. Very nicely done!!! congrats on the birth of your new baby.

best, :slight_smile: