37 weeks and counting, need help with name!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are expecting a baby girl via surrogacy any day now. We’re naming after my grandparents who passed away in [name_u]January[/name_u] and meant the world to me. Their names were [name_m]Abe[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] surrogate happens to share my grandmother’s name as her middle name.

I like the name [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and originally was thinking [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for her name but I’m struggling with the decision. I have a one syllable last name.

What are your thoughts on this name? [name_u]Or[/name_u] any other ideas on how to honor my grandparents?

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

I really like that!! Very pretty!

Maybe some others to consider:

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ‘Abby’ [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

Sorry to hear grief has touched your life this way.

Here are some suggestions!

[name_f]Abra[/name_f] / [name_m]Aubra[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] (thought to be the feminine form of Abraham)
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] or [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Keturah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Keturah[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] (she was Abraham’s wife after Sarah’s death in the biblical account)

Other versions with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]:

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

It’s great. [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] would be pretty as the first name as well.

1 Like

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful! What do you think of [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]?

1 Like

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], a lot. I also think [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] (or Aubriana) would be another good choice to honor [name_m]Abe[/name_m], because it begins with the A and has the consonant b.

1 Like

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is lovely. I wouldn’t be overly concerned with having a one syllable last name as she will be known as [name_u]Arden[/name_u] (one syllable last name) and that will flow beautifully. I can’t remember the last time I heard someone say all three names together so I don’t think it’s a deal breaker at all. Most acquaintances don’t even know our middle name. Choose what you love the most!

1 Like

I would also suggest [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds lovely! I like how it matches the initials while give her a name of her own :slight_smile:

A few other ideas:

[name_u]Abilene[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Arbor[/name_u] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
[name_u]Rainy[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]

1 Like

You’ve had so many lovely suggestions but I just want to say how much I adore [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! How utterly stunning :rose:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is truly beautiful and a nice tribute to your grandparents without being too on the nose. Congratulations!

2 Likes

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f]! Some other suggestions…
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

I love Arden Rose - definitely that order so not Rose Arden (Rose Garden). Arden Rose is so pretty and great you can honour the surrogate too.

Otherwise:

Auden Rose
Auden Rosemary
Audrey Rose
Aubrey Rosalie
Rosamund Beatrice
Bryony Rose
Bridie Wildrose
Abigail Rosemary
Abigail Rose
Avalon Rose
Abrianna Rose (Abrianna is Fem of Abraham but maybe this is a little too much)
Breanna Penrose

Good luck!

1 Like

Firstly I’m sorry for your loss and massive congratulations on your new baby!

I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is lovely.

You could look at names featuring [name_m]Abe[/name_m]. [name_f]Abra[/name_f] is thought to be the feminine version of [name_m]Abe[/name_m] and would be a quirky choice. I also love [name_f]Abelia[/name_f]! [name_f]Abelia[/name_f] is elegant, fun, has a bright feminine sound and has pretty floral associations. I love that [name_m]Abe[/name_m] sits proudly within this name and feels like such a direct honour of your grandfather [name_m]Abe[/name_m]. [name_f]Abelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be pretty.
Looking at biblical history you could go [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] or [name_f]Keturah[/name_f] as a subtle honour to [name_m]Abe[/name_m]. You seem to like names that feel a little streamlined, more modern and lacking frills so maybe [name_u]Abilene[/name_u] would be a good option to honour an [name_m]Abe[/name_m]. I actually think [name_u]Abilene[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] is lovely and a great starting point as an honour as you can use so many different ‘rose’ variations to honour [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]. If [name_f]Rose[/name_f] feels a little redundant in the middle name slot due to being a common middle name you could use different rose variants for example…

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_u]Rosamel[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Rhodes[/name_u] ~ this name means where roses grow so could be a cool way to honour your relative.

I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_u]Rosamel[/name_u] would be gorgeous spicing up the usual middle name option of [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

You could always flip the honour around looking at the ‘rose’ options I think [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] feels in keeping with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] but maybe a little fresher. [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] is a Cornish name that has this bright outdoorsy feel, is completely unexpected, has that fashionable surname/first name vibe (like Arden) and has the sweet nicknames [name_u]Penny[/name_u] + [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I think [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] would be such a cool, modern way to honour [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]. Having [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] as the first name you could then have a [name_m]Abe[/name_m] honour as a middle name. [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] [name_f]Abelia[/name_f] would be such a gorgeous name a truly wonderful tribute.

Good luck

1 Like

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u]

Suggestions (sorry for any repeats):

Asalyn
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_f]Aralyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Adia[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

From the web

1 Like

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

Other ideas:

[name_u]Alma[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Alba[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Such a sweet tribute. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is really fun, quite unique and would suit someone throughout their life.

I’ll also suggest [name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think [name_m]Abel[/name_m] would be a sweet name for a girl!

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] is actually the other name I’m considering. So now I think I’m between [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], or [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u].

1 Like

Congratulations- so many beautiful choices!

37 weeks for me meant cold feet on the name twice!

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] are both lovely. We meet a lot of Addies where I live, which you could consider if you might use that nickname. Totally cool not to worry about popularity as well.

Other thoughts:
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a predictable first name. How about [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]? I’m especially fond of [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - very As You Like It!

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] Rosalie/Rosamund/Rosemary/Rosalind/Rosalyn would also be nice.

1 Like