38 weeks and no name. Eeek!

I’m still looking for a boy name I love. It seems so difficult to pair one with the last name [name]Simpson[/name]. It can’t end in an S sound because it runs together. No -son or similar ending because it’s too rhymey. I want a strong masculine name that’s recognizable but not in the top 100.

Names I like but can’t use due to sound: [name]Jameson[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Easton[/name], [name]Rex[/name]…
Name DH hates that I love: [name]Ryker[/name], [name]Malachi[/name], [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Killian[/name], [name]Kaiser[/name]
I briefly considered [name]Griffin[/name] or [name]Emmett[/name] but the appeal wore off quickly.

So far the only suggestions DH has had are [name]Thomas[/name] [name]James[/name] (which wins by default if I don’t come up with a name I’m adamant about) [name]Brock[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Bishop[/name], and [name]Cecil[/name] (I know, odd ball choice).

I do like the nickname [name]Tommy[/name], but it’s a boring safe choice.

Help! Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I have a lot of the same problems with my last name! Here are a few I like:
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Neal[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
Good luck!!

I’m a bit confused as to why [name]Thomas[/name] [name]James[/name] is default when both names end with s sounds.

[name]Thomas[/name] is a great name, though.

There’s:
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]

I’m a bit confused as to why [name]Thomas[/name] [name]James[/name] is default when both names end with s sounds.

[name]Thomas[/name] is a great name, though.

There’s:
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]James[/name] is the name DH has loved since the moment he found out we were expecting. [name]Thomas[/name] is his middle name and paternal grandfather’s name. [name]James[/name] is his dad’s name, both of our brother’s middle name, my grandpap’s name and my mom is [name]Jamie[/name]. If I don’t have a name that I absolutely am crazy about, the family names are it.

Thank you for the suggestions. I’m quite found of [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] (is it too girly though?)

Myself and DH both [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Colby[/name] nn [name]Cole[/name] however it’s our dog’s name. Lol.

If it weren’t for Riker’s Island ( the prison in NY) the little guy’s name would be [name]Ryker[/name] [name]Simpson[/name]. I like the K sound and -Er ending with our last name. However I find it hard to hold strong for a name that sounds like the ultimate criminal. Lol

I don’t feel like [name]Quinn[/name] is feminine at all, but it does seem to be one of the trendy new girl names. Same as [name]Riley[/name] (one of my other favorite boy’s name) I think that is part of the reason I’m leaning toward [name]Flynn[/name] now. Similar sound, but less popular. I know of a few little boys names [name]Ryker[/name], but I would also have a hard time using it if I knew it was a prison. There are just some name images you can’t get out of your head. Have you done a search for names ending in -er?

My first name ends with an S and my last name before I was married started with an S. I didn’t think it ran together too badly.
Your taste is all over the place. :slight_smile:
You might like one of these:
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]/[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name], [name]Monty[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Colm[/name]
[name]Bramwell[/name], [name]Bram[/name]
[name]Breccan[/name], [name]Breck[/name]
[name]Carsten[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Gregor[/name] or [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name] or [name]Garrick[/name]
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Duke[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Neville[/name]

I like a lot of -Er names but for some reason or another can’t get on board with them.
[name]Porter[/name]- very cute but growing up it was the name of our family gardener.
[name]Sawyer[/name]- lack of nickname
[name]Carter[/name]- last name of family across the street.
[name]Archer[/name]- DH doesn’t like the nn [name]Archie[/name]

I think I’ve become desensitized from obsessing over baby name books and blogs over the past seven months.

I know, my taste is all over the place. It makes it very difficult for people to give suggestions.

I liked [name]Breccan[/name], but DH shot that one down.
I’m a fan of [name]Rocco[/name] as well. [name]Ryan[/name] does love the name [name]Brock[/name] and I could call him [name]Rocco[/name] or [name]Rocky[/name]. It’s just the meaning of Badger turns me off the name. It’s an easy name for school kids to rhyme with too. But teasing isn’t really a big factor in my name choice.
[name]Montgomery[/name] is adorable! [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Monty[/name]. I’ll have to mention this one to [name]Ry[/name].

[name]Karsten[/name] is cute but I like it for a girl. Like a cooler version of [name]Kirsten[/name].

We’re also big fans of horror movies. I thought names like [name]Romero[/name] ( as in Zombie king [name]George[/name] [name]Romero[/name]), [name]Bram[/name] ([name]Brahm[/name] Stoker’s Dracula), or Geiger (HR Geiger the mind behind the design for the aliens in Alien) would be top choices with [name]Ryan[/name]. But he’s seeming to veer on the side of safe and traditional. I want pizazz.

I have always loved the name [name]Lon[/name], which could be a reference to [name]Lon[/name] [name]Cheney[/name] (old horror movie star). Or you could go with the long form [name]Alonzo[/name]. I do like [name]Bram[/name] too.