38 Weeks...freaking out!

My husband and I are nowhere near choosing a name for our son.

We both like Gent (pronounced Jent), which is a family name, but I worry that it’s too weird. Our daughter has a really unique family name but for some reason, at least to me, there is a little more wiggle room for unique girls’ names.

Other names we are considering:

Revell (my maiden name, and again this seems weird to me but husband loves it)
[name]Bayard[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Cary[/name]
[name]Page[/name]

His favorite is [name]Brooks[/name] which I think sounds too preppy (especially with his last name [name]Bower[/name])
My favorite is [name]Edmund[/name] which he thinks will become [name]Ed[/name] or [name]Eddie[/name] (which neither of us likes)

Opinions on any or all of these names would be greatly appreciated!

I agree that Revell is super cool! I also like [name]Desmond[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]. Not sure about Gent.

Of your list, I really like [name]Desmond[/name] best. I also love [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]. Gent sounds like “Hey gents”. [name]Page[/name] and [name]Cary[/name] are too much like [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Carrie[/name] for me, but they aren’t terrible. Revell and [name]Bayard[/name] are a bit strange to me, but once again, not terrible. I agree that it is easier to use unique names on girls than boys. [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Desmond[/name] [name]Brooks[/name] both sound really good. [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Desmond[/name]/[name]Edmund[/name] also sounds nice. [name]Do[/name] you like any other nns for [name]Edmund[/name]? [name]Ned[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Teddy[/name]? [name]Mundo[/name]? :slight_smile: Good luck! You will come up with something, I’m sure. We didn’t decide my son’s name till the day after he was born, so you still have time :wink:

I love [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]! I think either would be fabulous, or even [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Edmund[/name] Gent. With [name]Edmund[/name], I think you could use [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Ned[/name] as nns, as well, both of which I vastly prefer to [name]Ed[/name]/[name]Eddie[/name]. I like [name]Desmond[/name], too, and if [name]Bayard[/name] got [name]Bay[/name] as a nn, I think I’d like that, too. Revell is interesting, but I like [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name] more. I agree that Gent sounds like “Hey, gents”, so I’d avoid it as a FN for that reason. It is nice, though, and I love names with meaning.

Good luck!

I like revel and cary - desmond is not my style, but I can see it working. [name]Bayard[/name] always makes me think barnyard, it also defines as french soldier, or mythical horse. What about [name]Gentry[/name] instead of Gent? [name]Sterling[/name], Connick, lennox, griffith?

ooh and rafferty and remy