4 Days left and no NAME!!

Naming our little boy has proven the most difficult part of this pregnancy! Hubby and I are really struggling (to the point to fighting!!), we need some help!

Our last name starts with a “F” and ends in “er”- has the same flavor has [name]Hunter[/name].

My favorite name is [name]Crew[/name]. DH hates it- says it is too preppy. I am in love.
DH favorite name is [name]Gunnar[/name]/[name]Gunner[/name]. I don’t mind the name, just can’t get over the first name “er” and last name “er” sounds.

Some names we have tossed around:
[name]Gannon[/name], [name]Cannon[/name], [name]Patton[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Stone[/name], [name]Dash[/name], [name]Colt[/name].

The middle name will be [name]Joshua[/name] or [name]Bryant[/name] (both family names).

DH is a military man and loves strong names. His picks (I don’t really like any of them):
[name]Gunnar[/name]
[name]Gannon[/name]
[name]Leonidas[/name] (he loves this one…)
[name]Thor[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]
[name]Lance[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]

My picks:
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
[name]Bond[/name]
[name]Gaines[/name]
[name]Fort[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Dash[/name]
[name]Crew[/name]
Dutch

There has got to be some middle ground- I just can’t find it and need help!!

Thanks!!

So we’re hoping you go past your due date then?? :wink:

The combo that instantly jumped out at me was [name]Dash[/name] [name]Bryant[/name]. I also like [name]Troy[/name] [name]Bryant[/name] (the double y’s look nice written out), [name]Chase[/name] [name]Bryant[/name] - or maybe [name]Chace[/name] to give it the harder edge you seem to favor, and [name]Bowen[/name] [name]Bryant[/name].

Have you considered using [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Bryant[/name] and calling him JB? Or something else along those lines, like [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Colt[/name] nn JC?

What about…
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Major[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Rigby[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]West[/name] (my son :slight_smile: )

When I saw your lists I just kept thinking a name that both of you might like is [name]Drew[/name]. It’s got the same feel as [name]Crew[/name] with a little less preppy. I love the name but can’t use it because my DH has another family member with the name already. [name]Just[/name] a suggestion. Good [name]Luck[/name]!!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]West[/name]. It was top of our boys list but we had a girl.
I also love the name [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Bowen[/name]

have you considered any of the following:
[name]Mack[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Gaige[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Mace[/name]
[name]Roan[/name]
[name]Killian[/name]
[name]Dax[/name]
[name]Hale[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Barry[/name]
[name]Guy[/name]
[name]Ranger[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Burke[/name]

Good luck!

I 100% agree with you that if your last name ends in er then the boy’s first name should not!

I ALSO really like [name]West[/name] and [name]Gray[/name] but I would probably go for the more formal “[name]Weston[/name]” or “[name]Grayson[/name]” and use them as nn.

Other suggestions that were great are [name]Chase[/name] and [name]Killian[/name]. (The only time I’ve heard of a [name]Killian[/name] is [name]Killian[/name] Hennesey)

A few more I like are
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Holt[/name]
[name]Garrison[/name]
[name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Vaughan[/name]

I also think it would add a little ruggedness to have a nature inspired middle name like “[name]River[/name]”

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Beth[/name] [name]Ashley[/name]

I personally really like [name]Logan[/name], [name]Colin[/name] and [name]Lachlan[/name], all with [name]Bryant[/name] as the mn.
I like [name]West[/name] and [name]Gray[/name] as well but would probably go with [name]Greyson[/name], and take grey as a nn. (I also prefer the e spelling)
[name]May[/name] I also suggest some tougher sounding names he might like that are also not super common (which you might like haha).

[name]Maverick[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Xander[/name] (or [name]Zander[/name])

Good luck!