4 Turkeys Need Names

Oh my gosh! I am so excited! We are getting 4 baby turkey poults ‘turklings’, as we call them in the middle of [name_u]June[/name_u]. We are so excited and have many name ideas! What do you guys think of these:
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Izzy[/name_u] [name_f]Doris[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] ([name_f]My[/name_f] aunt recently succumbed to cancer and loved our chickens and animals, so I feel that a name that includes [name_f]Doris[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is very appropriate)
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
And… yeah, that’s kind of it. [name_u]Love[/name_u] unique, but not super unique names. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t like names like Brownie or [name_u]Coco[/name_u]- like more humany names. I love Disney princess and princes and like old fashioned names. Our current turkeys are named [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (CC), [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] ([name_u]Matty[/name_u]) and [name_f]Petra[/name_f]/Peter (unsure of gender, but nicknamed Peeta for now). We are getting 2 [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_u]Slate[/name_u] turkeys and 2 [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Palms. Not sure if that matters to any of you, but ideas would be nice anyway. Would love any suggestions and opinions given! Thanks for it all and God bless!

How exciting! I have no idea why but I think [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] would be an amazing name for a turkey. I love the name ideas you have already, I’ve tried to use them for inspiration + your comment about Disney princes & princesses. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

Dorian
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Crystal[/name_f]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]

1 Like

Love [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]! I definitely am going to have a hard time picking! It’s going to be so hard not knowing their genders until they’re older. But I guess it’s just part of the fun- like [name_f]Petra[/name_f]/Peter, lol.

What about …
Allistair
[name_f]Angelika[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Becka[/name_f]
[name_u]Bobby[/name_u]-[name_u]Jo[/name_u]
[name_m]Elroy[/name_m]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_m]Immanuel[/name_m]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_m]Randolph[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]

1 Like

Joy is so pretty! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is super cute and [name_f]Angelika[/name_f] is a weakness of mine! I dunno, the ‘k’ just gives it a really cool ‘wow factor’. [name_u]Bobby[/name_u]-[name_u]Jo[/name_u] is adorable and Allistair is so proper for a young gentleman. Thank you!

I think [name_u]Florian[/name_u] and [name_f]Doris[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] are great turkey names!

I also like the suggestions for [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]

I vote: [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] for the [name_u]Blue[/name_u] Slates and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] for the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Palms!!

I had turkeys growing up and we had a giant white tom turkey that we kept for many years - he was so majestic yet pompous and kind of a buffoon too. He was named [name_m]Boss[/name_m] Hogg after the character from the original Dukes of [name_m]Hazzard[/name_m]. The name totally fit him!! We also had [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and [name_u]Bo[/name_u] ([name_u]Bo[/name_u] was a girl). We had 2 ducks named [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and Uncle [name_m]Waldo[/name_m] after the Aristocrats characters and also a mean gander named [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] kids loved naming our animals after Disney sidekicks and lesser known characters.

Good luck with the new turkeys!

1 Like

[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
Amoretta
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_m]Merriweather[/name_m]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catrina[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]

Feiffer
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
Deveroux
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lancaster[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_m]Tomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_u]Calloway[/name_u]
[name_m]Gerald[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]

1 Like

How fun! This sounds so exciting - congrats!

Just some food for thought: would the fact that you had a turkey named [name_f]Doris[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] turn you (or any family member) off from using your aunt’s name on a child?

1 Like

That’s something to think about… I am not too worried since my family MAULS the poor things when they’re babies (and even adults) so they won’t know if they’re turkeys or humans! We’ve had a few roosters that have turned bad and been named for friends ([name_m]Greg[/name_m] [name_u]Brady[/name_u], [name_u]Renny[/name_u], Ardie), so I have felt that disappointment. Thank you for your concern.

Love [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] for the girls. [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] is just adorable! We were going to have [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] for the turkeys we have now ([name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]) but I felt like [name_u]Matty[/name_u] wasn’t a [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. Maybe I’ll finally get my [name_m]Charles[/name_m]! [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is soooo cool and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and awesome. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], as always, but it’s going to be hard if I name them all of my favorite names and have nothing left for my human children, lol. [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] is super cool too. Thank you for it all!

1 Like

Name one [name_m]Craig[/name_m]!

I really liked Cranberry :rofl: but as you are after human names.

Ladies
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Helga[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramonda[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]

Gents
[name_m]Clarence[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Barthelemy[/name_m]
[name_m]Cecil[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacque[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u]

BOY NAMES:
[name_u]Carrington[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
Abernathy
[name_m]Norbert[/name_m]

GIRL NAMES:
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u] (or [name_f]Marlee[/name_f])
[name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]

My fav for boys are [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] and [name_u]Carrington[/name_u], and for girls, it’s [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]! This is just my suggestion but its totally up to you!