4 week old nameless son

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought in reading your post was [name_m]Darius[/name_m] [name_m]Cornel[/name_m]. [name_m]Darius[/name_m] like [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] is an old Persian Biblical name. [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] joined with [name_m]Darius[/name_m] or cyrus is just too much.

1 Like

Honestly I think that Athena and Perseus are perfect! You could maybe do that and have 2 middle names: Cyrus and Caspar. Perseus Caspar Cyrus sounds really cool! And this way you can both call him any nn you want. You can call him Caspar and your husband can call him Cyrus or you can call him Percy/Perseus. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this solution yet, but I know a couple who use different names for two of their kids - one uses the given first name and one the given middle name. Your mutual opposition to each other’s names might not allow for that, but it’s a real option to name him [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and call him whichever name you prefer. You’ve also gotten lots of good name suggestions above, so perhaps the right name is still out there!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

What about [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]? I think it sounds good with [name_f]Athena[/name_f] and kind of combines the sound/style of names both you and your spouse have on your lists😊 It also has a beautiful meaning (= evening star) if the meaning of the name is important for you!

2 Likes

I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] still works well with [name_f]Athena[/name_f], and if you both like it, you should go for it!

1 Like

Congratulations on your little boy ! Don’t worry about him not having a name yet - the perfect resolution will come.

[name_f]My[/name_f] opinion is to take [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] completely out of the running. You both seem to be at a stalemate, and while they are lovely and it will be hard to let go , in the long run there won’t be any resentment because one name ultimately trumped the other.

I think [name_u]Percy[/name_u] is a GREAT name and I really love it with big sisters name !! [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] feels like a [name_u]Royal[/name_u] greek name and I am HERE for IT!!

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] also flows incredibly well , and while [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is more commonly used , it’s still a great name. I doubt he will be one of 5 in a class

If you were looking for suggestions I would suggest
Kasperi
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
Elios
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u] ( [name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] just gets me right in the feels)

2 Likes

Perhaps Phoenix Cornelius “Finn” !? I think he would make a great addition to Athena

Other ideas

Athena & _________:

Magnus
Malcom
Bronson
Rupert
Franklin “Finn”
Eamon
Rafferty
Ambrose “Bo”
Corbin
Tully
Lionel
Leland
Harland “Hank”
Preston “Percy”
Quentin
Edsel
Errol
Tavish
Balthazar “Baz”
Alisdair
Gideon
Cosmo
Xavier
Winston
Dustin
Gunnar
Devereaux
Rocco
Hoyt
Murphy
Bodhi

2 Likes

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] has been considered, I like it but OH wasn’t keen on it. I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] with the nickname [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], but again, OH dislikes.

I’m fairly confident that most children of little one’s generation would be none the wiser either, but OH seems to think they’ll do a reboot of it down the line like they do with a lot of other films etc… and bring it back into relevance.

I think he’s just anticipating on it happening too much and overthinking the possibility, given [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the friendly ghost was quite popular in our generation. I’ll have a look at that show Invasion and point it out a few times, I’m not going to give up unless we decide on a different name!

I have suggested [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] in the past but he couldn’t get past [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and Ferb!

I like a lot of the names on that list, unfortunately someone else doesn’t though.

Thank you for your help - we will eventually come to a decision, it’s not like we can just leave it forever and have our poor son remain ‘Baby’!

I do like [name_u]Percy[/name_u] by itself, and [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but still they don’t feel complete, just nicknames - probably can’t be so picky at this point but I want to love his name and for it to feel right.

We both considered [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] in the past, however we have both ended up going off of it.

1 Like

Finally someone else who has been in a similar position, I know I’m not, but it feels like I’m the only person struggling this much and for this long to agree on a name.

I’m going to continue holding on to it, it’s the only name that’s felt right and that I truly love, but I suppose that’s the same for OH with [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]. I keep trying to come around to [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], because it would rid the stress, but I simply don’t like it. If it meant serving tea to OH for the next two decades or even the rest of my life, I would in heartbeat to name LO [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]. I think to remain as civil as we can in this situation, it’s probably best if I don’t just put [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] on the birth certificate and hope for the best.

I mentioned in another comment that OH disliked [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. [name_u]Kai[/name_u] has been considered, OH still likes it, but to me it doesn’t feel like a full name, I’m not overly keen on really short names.

I’d agree, [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] aren’t truly to my taste - at this point I think I’m trying to cling on to anything that I even somewhat like in the hopes that it will grow on me.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m], I absolutely adore, unfortunately my parents beat me to it with my brother!

[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] is only the middle name because it’s all we could agree on since we found out about the pregnancy, so we just went with it as a starting point.

I quite like [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m].

I do like how they sound together as a sibset. I have considered doing this, but I feel like it would end up incredibly confusing. OH likes [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] enough for the name to just be [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], but I’d just want to call him [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], and I don’t think it’d be fair on our son for dad to call him [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] and me, [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], and then whatever anyone else chose to call him until he was old enough to decide what he liked.

I worry with this it would just end up confusing our son and confusing everyone around him, being unsure what to call him. Still, it is a plausible idea, thank you.

1 Like

I’m trying not to worry to much, but it does feel quite sad only calling LO by pet names etc. It will come though, it has to, he can’t remain nameless forever.

As pompous as Perseus Cornelius sounds, I do quite like the ‘Roman Emporer-ness’ of it

I am slightly liking Finn more, especially with how nicely it flows as Finn Cornelius - it sounds quite handsome.

Hmm, Levi, I’ll have to suggest that one.

That’s a tough spot to be in!
You have put a lot of thought into this, and it must be frustrating to not be able to choose something.

Have you considered [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] for the first name place? It’s pretty clunky-fabulous, with tons of nicknames: [name_u]Cory[/name_u], [name_u]Neil[/name_u], [name_f]Nel[/name_f], [name_m]Lio[/name_m], etc.

3 Likes

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] has been considered and I do quite like getting the [name_u]Finn[/name_u] nickname from it, I might bring it up again and see what OH says.

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] and [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] are so handsome, but unfortunately vetoed.

1 Like

Firstly congratulations💙

Honestly naming is soooooooooo hard!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] friend’s daughter was nameless for 6 weeks before she decided on Peyton-Rose so your not the only one who still hasn’t figured out the perfect name till after your little one has arrived. [name_m]Just[/name_m] try to take a breather from the situation and put less panic on yourself as I think panicking can make it worse.

I would completely take [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] & [name_m]Casper[/name_m] off the table there’s no point going around in circles with these two you don’t like them so leave them you both have to agree ultimately. Regarding [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] I would also dismiss because I think the popularity will grate on you. I think [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] is quirky works with [name_f]Athena[/name_f] but is a lot of name so I appreciate if he’s too much. A lot of the names you’ve discussed have ‘s’ sound from the names you like as well [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] and he likes [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] & Arteus so maybe you’ll like other names with that sound?
Suggestions
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Ares[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Achilles[/name_m]
[name_m]Eros[/name_m]
[name_m]Helios[/name_m]
[name_m]Janus[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

Concerning [name_u]Finn[/name_u] he’s great he’s fun and I like him with [name_f]Athena[/name_f] I also think [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] could be an idea!

Good luck

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Ideas:
[name_m]Achilles[/name_m]
[name_m]Adir[/name_m]
[name_u]Adrian[/name_u]
[name_m]Aedin[/name_m]
[name_m]Aegeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ahmir[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Alessio[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Antonio[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Asgeir[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Astraeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Astraios[/name_m]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]Auberon[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurek[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelio[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Avidan[/name_m]
[name_m]Avidor[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_u]Calloway[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Camden[/name_u]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u]
[name_u]Cooper[/name_u]
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosimo[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_m]Dante[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_m]Demetrius[/name_m]
[name_m]Diego[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Donatello[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Draco[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Eros[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Francisco[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Giovanni[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Grayson[/name_u]
[name_m]Griffith[/name_m]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_m]Helios[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Hermes[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Icarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_u]Jupiter[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_m]Labrencis[/name_m]
[name_u]Landon[/name_u]
[name_m]Larien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_u]Leander[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Luciano[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Ludovic[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_u]Mercury[/name_u]
[name_u]Merlin[/name_u]
[name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Octavius[/name_m]
[name_m]Odysseus[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Pericles[/name_m]
[name_m]Poseidon[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Romulus[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryder[/name_u]
[name_m]Santiago[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Severus[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Sirius[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Tiberius[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
[name_m]Zeus[/name_m]

I hope you find a name that you both love!

1 Like

Blockquote Kai has been considered, OH still likes it, but to me it doesn’t feel like a full name, I’m not overly keen on really short names.

Oh, Kai is lovely! Perhaps as a nickname for Malachi or Malakai? Malachi Cornelius sounds so, so handsome! Or perhaps Mordecai or Zaccai?

I think my previous suggestions of Skylar and Kyler could lead to “Kai” as well and, at a slight stretch, even Nikolai!

If you don’t mind the double -us ending, Achaius is also a good option to get to nn Kai.

1 Like