4th baby on the way!

I’m back and this time expecting our 4th and last baby. We don’t know the sex yet and I’m already anxious to be brainstorming names. You guys helped me so much in naming our [name_f]Dora[/name_f] that I’m looking forward to the months to come, discussing names with you all.

I’m mostly looking for ideas in boy names, because those aren’t my forte. I like the idea of [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m], so maybe some names along those lines with more whimsical middle names, as a lot of you know where my tastes run.

I’m getting a timeless mid-century vibe from your set and your signature (at least for the boys), so I’ll focus my suggestions on those:
[name_m]Cecil[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

I’m not vey good at “whymsical” word middles, so I’ll leave that to the others.

Congratulations, @thomasina! I love your kids’ names and remember that they all had fabulous storybook middles too.

I really, really love [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] seems to fit your style though I personally just can’t get on board with Q- names at all. Plus, the meaning is “fifth” - normally, this wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, but since it’s your fourth rather than first or second, for some reason it feels a bit odd?

More ideas:

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Geraint[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Alban[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicolai[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]

Congrats! Your kids have awesome names. I love the vibes of [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. I think [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would be perfect with them.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

“Whymsical names”

• Thackery
  • [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Alchemy[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Cadwallader[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Crosby[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
  • Hemlock
  • [name_m]Rudyard[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Theodoric[/name_m]
  • Holleder
  • [name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Tomkin[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Corbitt[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Shale[/name_m]
  • Dandelion
  • Floxglove
  • Pendragon
  • [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]

I personaly like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Corbitt[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] Dandelion and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] Pendragon

Hey! I remember you too! You were a huge help @katinka, in just about all my threads when naming [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], so I’m so glad to bump into you here again.

I see what you mean about [name_m]Quentin[/name_m], I normally wouldn’t go for such an odd letter like Q, but there’s something about this name and the nickname TinTin that I adore. My husband isn’t too on-board yet.
We have entertained in the past on having a little boy called [name_u]Bertie[/name_u] so I really like that you brought up [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. Of your list I also really like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Alban[/name_m] (so very handsome!) and [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]. [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] has been one of my guilty pleasures for years, because of Cumberbatch, but my husband doesn’t like it at all.

Thank you so much, I really love your suggestions of Dandelion, [name_m]Rudyard[/name_m] and [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]. I love [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]!

@opheliaflora, [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] are spot on. They are all names I really like.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names-- I like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] with your sibset. From your signature, [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] work well too.

Some other possibilities:

[name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], and

[name_m]Amos[/name_m]/[name_m]Amis[/name_m]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m] or [name_m]Anselm[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m]
[name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyril[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_u]Howard[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]/[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Morris[/name_m]/[name_u]Maurice[/name_u]
[name_u]Neil[/name_u]
[name_m]Nigel[/name_m]
[name_m]Norman[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
Orwell
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Randolph[/name_m]
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronald[/name_m]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Tristram[/name_m]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Virgil[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

Congratulations on baby #4! That’s so exciting!:slight_smile: I remember when you named [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and I absolutely loved your final choice.

I’m not that great at boy names either… With [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], I second @katinkas suggestion of [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. It seems to go very well. I also like the other previous suggestion of [name_m]Victor[/name_m]…but I have to say, overall, I think [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would be the best choice.

(Also, your saying [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] is a guilty pleasure becuause of Cumberbatch made me smile:) )

Congratulations on baby #4! That’s so exciting!:slight_smile: I remember when you named [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and I absolutely loved your final choice.

I’m not that great at boy names either… With [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], I second @katinka’s suggestion of [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. It seems to go very well. I also like the other previous suggestion of [name_m]Victor[/name_m]…but I have to say, overall, I think [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would be the best choice.

(Also, your saying [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] is a guilty pleasure becuause of Cumberbatch made me smile:) )

[name_f]Emma[/name_f], thank you for the much appreciated feedback!

You all have been great with suggestions and now I think it’s up for us to sort through the names and see which ones we like best.