4th Baby Seewald

[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] (Duggar) and [name_m]Ben[/name_m] Seewald welcomed their 4th baby on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]!
They announced her birth earlier today and a few hours ago they shared the baby sex and name.

Their sweet rainbow baby is… a girl!
Her name is [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] Seewald :herb:

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] joins older siblings [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u] Wilberforce and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

17 Likes

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is so gorgeous!

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite Duggar name so far :heart: [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is soft and sweet

3 Likes

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is so underrated :herb:

2 Likes

I really like Fern Elliana, so sweet!
They seem to like vintage and nature names.
Ivy and Fern are perfect for sisters. Reminds me of Josie Bates’ naming style: her daughters are Willow and Hazel.

Does someone know why they chose both Elliott and Elliana as middle names (Spurgeon and Fern)?

2 Likes

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is one of my top names!!! I love this.

3 Likes

I kinda love it…

1 Like

I hate to admit that I quite like it, although I’d prefer [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] - the extra L seems unnecessarily frilly and I think this version looks much more elegant next to the lovely [name_f]Fern[/name_f].

6 Likes

When Spourgeon was born, [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] and [name_m]Ben[/name_m] explained that [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] was chosen to honor two missionaries named [name_m]Jim[/name_m] and [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. I’m not sure if they explained the meaning behind Fern’s name, but I believe they liked its meaning: “my God has answered”.

2 Likes

I completely agree with the double Ls. I don’t know why they decided to change the spelling. Eliana and Elliot would look more distinct for siblings and Fern Eliana would be stunning! Maybe it was an honor name? Or maybe they just prefered this spelling.

1 Like

While I was expecting something different like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Willa[/name_f], I really like [name_f]Fern[/name_f]!

I think it fits really well with the sibling names (of course with the exception of Spurgeon) and I especially love it with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! Her sibling set gives me very rustic farm or cottagecore vibes :two_hearts: :blush:

1 Like

I love it! I feel [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] was the odd one in the sibset and think [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] balances it all out. I’m interested to hear the reasoning behind the name…. I believe the first three names all have ties to honor missionaries and such.

1 Like

Oh my goodness I love Fern so much!

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is such an unexpected choice but I absolutely love it! Also, this is the 10th (!) Duggar baby girl in a row! The last boy to be born in the family was [name_u]Joe[/name_u] and Kendra’s first born [name_m]Garrett[/name_m] back in 2018. And [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is having another girl in the fall, so the streak continues!

4 Likes

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] seems very random in the set.

I feel for the sibset to make sense you have to look at the first and middle combos. [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] and Wilberforce tie well as do [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Henry[/name_u]

2 Likes

I honestly think it’s because [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is the one who chose [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] and Wilberforce (both after preachers/priests I believe) and [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] chose [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_u]Henry[/name_u]. I also think she banned [name_m]Ben[/name_m] from choosing first names after [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] because [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Fern[/name_f] definitely seem more like her style and are a lot more cohesive as a sibset

1 Like

Oh I love [name_f]Fern[/name_f]! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

What a mixed bag of a sibset… [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are cute together though.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining :slight_smile:

1 Like