4th child, 3rd daughter...

Hello! I just found out I am expecting my 3rd daughter in [name_u]January[/name_u]. We already have 3 children: [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], & [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. It has just been determined that baby #4 is a little girl and we are having a hard time with names! Up until the ultrasound, we were leaning toward [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f], but now that we know, we just can’t seem to commit to the name.

We have tossed around a few names, but seem to have something stopping us with each of them. We are giving her the middle name [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for my grandmother. Some names we tossed around and vetoed (and just keep hanging around) are [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (which sounds off with [name_f]Vera[/name_f]), [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (vetoed by my husband), [name_f]Corrine[/name_f] (just sounds too alliterative with our last name), and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (we both really like this one, but worry it’s too overused). We’ve also considered [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] but they just haven’t felt “right”.

We are also cautious not to eliminate the boy name that has been waiting in the wings for over 4 years ([name_u]Jude[/name_u], so nothing too similar to that or beginning with a “J” sound as it gets to be too much with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]) in the event that we lose our minds and go for a 5th child.

Have we found the right name and are overlooking it or is there something else out there we should consider? I appreciate your suggestions! Sorry for the long post!

I think [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] would be fantastic! Beautiful name and goes great with your set. And it’s a nice contrast with [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

I also think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is lovely and would fit nicely.

some others:
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Margarete[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]

Suggestions:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

:slight_smile:

I love all of your names. My favorites being [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Corrine[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]. Others you may like are …

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

The combination of [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f] sounds a little off to me because of the vastly different styles. Maybe that’s why you’re having trouble committing to it?

Personally, my vote is for [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]/[name_f]Madalynn[/name_f]/etc. are definitely overused, but [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] looks and feels so much different to me: much more elegant and classy. If your only concern with the name is the popularity, I think your spelling choice helps. You could also use a nn other than the regular [name_f]Maddy[/name_f].

Have you considered:

[name_f]Mirielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Belinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Letitia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is similar to [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] but not in the top 1000.

Other than [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (I much prefer [name_f]Madelynn[/name_f]) and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], the rest aren’t my style. Suggestions to go eith your sibset…

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]

[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] “[name_f]Callie[/name_f]”

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

[name_f]Belle[/name_f]/[name_f]Bella[/name_f]

Congrats on your pregnancy. : )

What about [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]? I think it’s a beautiful name similar to [name_f]Loralei[/name_f].

I like [name_u]Abilene[/name_u] [name_f]Vera[/name_f], but I’m not sure how well it matches your other children’s names…?