4th child and 3rd girl! Sister for Skye, Grier and Sinclair

I am from Australia and it means that people don’t like you, so they ignore you “and send you to Coventry” which must have been a long way from where they lived I imagine when this saying first originated.

Maybe [name]Lacey[/name]?

Oh, for all of you who aren’t sure - despite the sound, [name]Doon[/name] is definitely feminine scottish name:). Strange, but quite typical

And I haven’t heard “He’s been sent to Coventry” [name]Till[/name] now, but my hubby did - that’s why it’s off the list now:(. I’m not so glad, as I like it.
Anyway, WDYT about place names? They could be serious alternavite in our case

There are some lovely place names eg [name]London[/name], [name]Paris[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name].

hI [name]LILY[/name],That is amazing that your m.i.l. is a [name]Clodagh[/name] because [name]Clodagh[/name] is a pretty uncommon name even here in [name]Ireland[/name] .One is a 42 year old and then one 1 year old that I know of. Your other kids names are really different and have a lot of character.Would you not consider using [name]Clodagh[/name] in first place? Or Maybe you just want to honour your M.I.L. and thats why it will be in second position.But if it offers any encouragement I love the name and seriously considered it myself but in the end decided it did’t really suit my last name.My user name which is not my real name [name]Aife[/name] is actually the ancient form of [name]Aoife[/name] and it may also be a possibility for you.On the irish theme again how about [name]Laragh[/name] which is a placename in Wicklow ,[name]Ireland[/name] similar to [name]Clodagh[/name].(this is prn. the same as [name]Lara[/name] as you probably realise) I really like [name]Lara[/name]/[name]Laragh[/name].Siabhra prn. SHE a vra is also lovely and it is [name]Paul[/name] durcan the irish poets daughters name.I love Siabhra rose or Siofra [name]Ros[/name].(She of ra).I have to go now but I must think a little more about further possibilities for you [name]Lily[/name].Best of luck.

I’m back again, I quickly noted and liked Minkajoys suggestion of [name]Alva[/name] (which I really liked.)This is actually an Irish name and my 4 year old daughter has an [name]Ailbhe[/name] in her class.It’s uncommon but definitely on the rise here in [name]Ireland[/name] and I’d also recommend it spelled either way as a pretty name of Irish origin.

I love them, but they have one catch. It sounds strange (to me, anyway) to use a local place name.
Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums When I saw Calgary suggested (as a male name), I almost burst out laughing. I thought, “Why would anyone want to be named after here?”

But then, that shows what place names often are: just an effort to seem exotic.

Obviously, many more are possible. A couple that come to mind are Casablanca (though that’s more than a place name) and Pretoria (a bad idea a generation ago, but acceptable now).

But in your family, a British place name would work better.

mentions [name]Aberdeen[/name] “[name]Abby[/name]”.

[name]Hi[/name] there :slight_smile:

[name]Doon[/name] is actually the name of a river here in [name]Scotland[/name] and it really isn’t popular as a name over here, I’ve never come across any! :slight_smile:
I haven’t managed to read all of the posts but to go with your names I think [name]Orla[/name] is beautiful.

[name]Gracie[/name]

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Doon[/name] or [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Clodagh[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are wonderful and names of strength!

Yay, [name]Skye[/name]'s nmy daughter’s name :slight_smile:

[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Adair[/name]

Of your short list, I like best:

[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name] and
[name]Rowan[/name]

[name]Reese[/name] might be mistaken for a boy, but I still like it. [name]Mallory[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] share the feminine, if not overly girly feel of [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Grier[/name].

[name]Ziva[/name], i [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adair[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]!
so, my already shortened list is now longer:)

oh, my younger sister thinks about [name]Morrissey[/name], WDYT?

Guess what the doctor said today:)
It’s a BOY! But he was too shy to show it before:)
I have to make a brand new list. And I have absolutely NO ideas!
help, help, help needed!

A boy?!? [name]How[/name] wonderful! New names for you!

Am I the only one who wants to throw another G name into the mix with [name]Skye[/name], [name]Grier[/name], and [name]Sinclair[/name]? You’ve got to S names and one G, so…

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Gordon[/name] or [name]Graham[/name]? I love [name]Graham[/name] with the other names in your sibling set! You might also like [name]Guthrie[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], or [name]Gavin[/name].

Since you have to SB initial sets, what about another GL set? For a middle, another Scottish one, what about [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Laird[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], or [name]Lyle[/name]?

So, [name]Graham[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Graham[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lyle[/name], [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Guthrie[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Gavin[/name] [name]Lennox[/name], or [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Lyle[/name]?

Let me know if it is too much…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Well, I’m surprised but glad my little boy will have companion:) - my girls are really good team, I was a bit afraid one more sister would make [name]Sinclair[/name] confused:).

I love the idea of GL set as a perfect match. [name]Gordon[/name] is wonderful, [name]Graham[/name] too. Now I prefer [name]Gordon[/name], but I have to calm down and think now… [name]Lennox[/name] and [name]Lyle[/name] are powerful middle names I would remember.

really good to have anything to start!

I like [name]Killian[/name], [name]Ronin[/name], and [name]Blaze[/name]