5. ____________ and Addison

Genre of [name_u]Story[/name_u]: Romance, Fiction

Time period/Location: This story starts in the 80s and then skips to now. It takes place in a small town in Michigan.

Brief plot: There is a boy (_________) and girl ([name_u]Addison[/name_u]) who live in a small town together. They become best friends and then as they grow up, their lives head in very different directions. They don’t drift apart much but [name_u]Addison[/name_u] gets married and has a family. But when she is in her forties, her husband dies in an accident and she and _________ enter into an unconventional marraige. For some reason reading over this now, this plot description sounds way cheesier than it is. I promise.

Character description: So I had picked [name_u]Max[/name_u] as the name but I am just not loving it anymore. This character is the most important character in this story and his name will also be in the title so it has to sound good with [name_u]Addison[/name_u]. He calls her [name_u]Addison[/name_u] but everyone else calls her [name_f]Addie[/name_f]. He is a christian. He is confident. He is brilliant. He isn’t mentally ill, although most people think that he is. He’s just extremely socially awkward. He is also an artist. He loves old music. [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f], [name_m]Frank[/name_m] Sinatra, [name_m]Bing[/name_m] [name_m]Crosby[/name_m], and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] are some of his favorites. His most prominent trait is that he is mysterious.

It is driving me nuts that I can’t come up with a good name that fits him. So please give me your thoughts on [name_u]Max[/name_u] and some suggestions of a name that you think fits his character. Thank you!

I personally like [name_u]Max[/name_u], but here are some other ideas since that doesn’t seem to work. I’ve starred my favorites -

[name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Jeff[/name_m]’
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jason[/name_m]*
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]*
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]*
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]*
[name_u]Sam[/name_u] - [name_m]Samson[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]*
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]*

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helped!

And, I know this is weird, but could you do me a favor and help me out with my latest naming crisis? Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums
I’d really appreciate it.

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (ben)
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] (jack)
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] or luca
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] (nathan/nate)

Hmmm… how about…
[name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m] or [name_u]Robin[/name_u] ("[name_m]Rob[/name_m]") and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u] ("[name_m]Jim[/name_m]") and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_m]Martin[/name_m] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] ("[name_m]Matt[/name_m]") and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] ("[name_u]Chris[/name_u]") and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]

Since you’re not too keen on [name_u]Max[/name_u] anymore, can you identify what it is that you used to like about [name_u]Max[/name_u]? (Or even identify why you don’t like it so much any more?) That might help you out in choosing the right name for this character.

Best of luck!!

Hmm. Okay, here are my personal male name favorites:

(For most of these, if they’re a nickname, I didn’t bother to put the full name unless it isn’t a mainstream nickname/name)

[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Josh[/name_m]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]
[name_m]Will[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] nn [name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Markus[/name_m]/[name_m]Marcus[/name_m] nn [name_m]Mark[/name_m]/[name_m]Marc[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped :wink: