5 days left narrowed list down to 3 can you help

[name]Hi[/name] everyone
yes I’m still here and waiting and to be honest struggling with a boys name as I don’t really favour one name over the other. When my first son was born I loved both [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] and found it hard to decide as I loved both. [name]Oscar[/name] has been scratched this time as we hear it a lot where we live.

so this time around girls name is agreed upon & the little brother options for [name]Hugo[/name] are:

[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]

my preference is a name that a boy, man, father and whatever his calling in life - he can enjoy as a name and that it also sits well along side [name]Hugo[/name]

our surname 2 syllable starts with an M
scratched names were [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Reuben[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], jasper, [name]Jack[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Francis[/name], [name]Gus[/name] & [name]Giles[/name], theodore, [name]Ted[/name] & [name]Rupert[/name] which all could be middle names options and I’m curious if others prefer names from this list

Looking forward to your reply
[name]Annetta[/name]

hello, congrats on your upcoming delivery. I hope it goes smoothly. As for names I would really pick [name]Felix[/name]. You said that you wanted a name that would carry on for him as a boy, man, and for whatever profession he chooses. Well, considering all of that [name]Felix[/name] really is the best choice. This is just my opinion.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Annetta[/name]. :slight_smile: Wow! Only five days left? [name]How[/name] exciting!

My favorite combos:

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]

I’m voting for [name]Felix[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] (nn [name]Rafe[/name]?) [name]Sebastian[/name], with [name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] in third. If you’ll be calling [name]Raphael[/name] “[name]Rafe[/name],” I give that my first place vote, but if not, it’s [name]Felix[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] for the win! :slight_smile:

You can always see which of your favorite names fits best after he’s born…

Good luck (and please let us know what you decide)!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name]
just wondering how do you pronounce [name]Rafe[/name] I’m guessing its different to Raf and curious is others prefer spelling [name]Rafael[/name].

Also thought I would add my DH is a bit worried about [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] being a bit too trendy sounding.

thanks again
[name]Annetta[/name] - mumma in waiting !!!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Annetta[/name],

I pronounce [name]Rafe[/name] “Rayf,” like [name]Ray[/name] with an F tacked on at the end. I knew a [name]Rafe[/name] (and have heard of others), and I always thought it was so cool. (Raf is great, too, though!)

[name]Ralph[/name] Fiennes, the actor, actually pronounces his first name “[name]Rafe[/name]/Rayf”

If your husband thinks [name]Felix[/name] is too trendy, that’s not a good thing. :frowning: You two obviously need to love the name, so perhaps [name]Felix[/name] isn’t a great choice then…

I honestly love all of your choices (and [name]Hugo[/name]!), and think you’ve got a win-win-win situation going on! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] there, those are some fun choices! Honestly, it sounds like you have given it a lot of thought and have nothing to worry about. In the case of your three finalists, I would guess that the biggest consideration at this point is nicknames, so go with whichever name seems to wear well from childhood through adulthood as both a full name and a nickname, in your opinion. My preference is [name]Raphael[/name] but I think all your names fit your criteria and it’s a close call.

[name]How[/name] exciting! Not long now,

My favourite is [name]Raphael[/name] ([name]Rafe[/name]). [name]Felix[/name] is very common and there are many [name]Hugo[/name]/[name]Oscar[/name]/[name]Felix[/name] families out there. The names go well together I guess that’s why everyone chooses them as sibling names.

I would go with [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Felix[/name] or [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] as you love both names and they flow nicely.

When I saw [name]Julius[/name] it reminded me of [name]Augustus[/name] which I think is cool too! ([name]Gus[/name]!) Although I know you have your 3 fav’s now :slight_smile:

thanks
however husband does like [name]Felix[/name] my issue is no one over the other is jumping out ! and my vibe is a baby boy. I do love [name]Augustus[/name] NN [name]Gus[/name] but for me being a big willy wonka fan - its ruined it for me and would hate to burden a kid with such an association ;D
thanks again everyone
[name]Annetta[/name]

Does this mean [name]Felix[/name] is a winner???

If so perhaps [name]Felix[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]? I just love the idea of [name]Jasper[/name] in there somewhere! It goes so well with [name]Hugo[/name] in that artistic/manly way.

No real front runner for either of us at this stage.
but enjoying the suggestions/reflections from you all.

[name]Annetta[/name]

Hey you have probably considered this name but I think it goes brilliantly with [name]Hugo[/name] and has all your qualities…

[name]Xavier[/name]

As per previous post [name]Xavier[/name] I really like but not DH

[name]Annetta[/name]

well at this stage husband prefers [name]Felix[/name] ( he also likes the meaning ) and I’m leaning more toward [name]Julius[/name] or [name]Raphael[/name]. For fun suave is now my criteria :slight_smile:
thanks
[name]Annetta[/name]

My favorite is [name]Raphael[/name] but whatever you decide, you must return and tell us all your good news!

I love [name]Julius[/name] the most.

Hands down, no question [name]Raphael[/name], for me! That’s been my favorite for you since the beginning, I’m so glad he’s still hanging in there! I just think it goes beautifully with [name]Hugo[/name], and it’s a really handsome, “suave” name! I really love [name]Julius[/name], too (he’s on my short list!), but I just think [name]Raphael[/name] is great. Everyone says [name]Felix[/name] goes with [name]Hugo[/name], but I honestly don’t get it. Someone will have to explain that connection to me, maybe I’m slow. I think whatever you pick will be perfect! Good luck with labor!!!