5 days old - no name

Like many already pointed out, I think a baby can grow into a name (and make it his own). [name_u]River[/name_u] is a sweet name and of you like it, than use it. I like the idea of using nicknames while he’s young! However, if another name feels right for your son, than go with this new name :slight_smile:

Here are some suggestions:

Aspen
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Oren[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Adler[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Espen[/name_m]

1 Like

Luca was the first name that came to mind for you! But I do love [name_u]River[/name_u], and I honestly think most names feel odd on a baby. [name_m]Little[/name_m] squishes are meant to be called something like “little squish,” not “[name_f]Margaret[/name_f].” Bub will definitely grow into whichever name you choose.

3 Likes

I don’t know why it’s so hard :sob:

3 Likes

Congratulations for your baby boy! What an awesome and precious new year’s gift.
I’m sure you will find the perfect name! All the names you have been considering are wonderful.

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

I would pick something you love, not something you feel like is perfect with your other children’s names. [name_u]River[/name_u] didn’t work and that’s okay! Personally, I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] for you, but pick your favorite name that you haven’t used yet.

How about [name_u]Cove[/name_u]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Harbor[/name_u]? Something that channels the water aspect that [name_u]River[/name_u] had…
There are also so many great suggestions on this thread.

Do your other kids have ideas? Sometimes it’s surprising what the little ones come up with.

Do you have a middle name picked out? That can help narrow things down a bit imho.

If you’re not loving [name_u]Milo[/name_u] I wouldn’t settle for it.

Of the top of my head [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is my suggestion

I’ve always loved the idea of [name_m]Quade[/name_m] for a fourth baby. We almost used it but we’re nicknamers and [name_m]Quade[/name_m] doesn’t have nicknames.

I’m not sure listing tons of names will help you, but I’d like to encourage you to try to enjoy yourself with his name selection. I’m sure you must be stressed, and I’m so sorry! [name_f]Do[/name_f] his siblings have ideas? Does your spouse have a closet favorite? Is there an idea or imagery or virtue that you desire for your cute little guy? Speaking of [name_m]Guy[/name_m], I find that a very handsome, friendly choice. I love [name_u]Orion[/name_u] with [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] too. Perhaps [name_u]Ryder[/name_u], which has a super cool meaning and sounds similar to [name_u]River[/name_u]? And my fourth ended up [name_m]Truett[/name_m], so I certainly vouch for that name.

You’ll find the one. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t fret!

I won’t add any more suggestions because it seems like you have plenty :blush: However, I will say I was in the exact same position with my last little boy. I loved, loved, loooooved [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] and [name_m]Nash[/name_m] were also top contenders. We were going to pick out of those 4 when the baby was born. However, when he arrived NONE of them were right. No matter how much I loved the names prior to his birth they just weren’t HIM if that makes sense.

We ended up going with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] just so we could get a certificate of birth from
the hospital with the full intention of changing it as soon as possible. It still took us a solid 6 months of constant searching before we found the perfect name. And I’m so glad we kept looking and eventually legally changed it. [name_f]Every[/name_f] dr apt when they would call out [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] would have me cringing which is crazy for a name I still loved. I just knew it wasn’t right.

Corbin is a spunky almost 2 year old and literally any other name would just not have done him justice. Stick with your gut and keep looking until you find a name you not only love but just feels right. It’s out there!!

That is exactly how I feel!
I still love the names I loved before he was born and I want them to be his so badly but they just aren’t right.
We have 30 days to make a decision here I think so I’ll keep searching.
Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes