5 days overdue-- almost settled on Maeve but is it too popular?!

I’ve loved [name]Maeve[/name] during the whole pregnancy but have been nervous about its popularity-- please give feedback!

As I’ve mentioned in other posts, we also love [name]Mairead[/name] but have been discouraged by too many people bc of pn issues so we went back to the more simple, but maybe too popular, [name]Maeve[/name].

I could begin laboring at any moment so please help ASAP :slight_smile:

I have never met someone of any age named [name]Maeve[/name], and looking around I think it is just a nameberry love. I think it’s pretty unusual in the outside world, but that might just be my area or that I haven’t met a baby in about, um, 5 years, probably more. I don’t think you should be worried. I just checked the SSA lists, it was #536 in 2010. I don’t think you should be too worried.

I agree with the previous poster. Until I saw her comment, I didn’t even know [name]Maeve[/name] was on the SSA list. I’ve never met a [name]Maeve[/name], of any age, and I don’t even know anyone in real life (or even on naming forums outside of Nameberry!) that’s even considering it! I think it’s fine.

i’ve met one child named maeve, and fell in love.
can’t convince my husband of it though.
use it!

I have never met a child by that name and I have 4 kids ranging in age from 10 to 1. So I know a lot of kids covering a range of ages and not one [name]Maeve[/name]. It’s a gorgeous name and i hope you do use it. There should be more little [name]Maeve[/name]'s running around I think :wink:

[name]Maeve[/name] is so stunning, I wouldnt consider it popular isnt as it isnt even in the top 500 in the US. I am in Australia and know of only one [name]Maeve[/name], she is Irish and in her early 20’s. It is a very uncommon name here that I like a lot.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry [name]Maeve[/name] will not get too popular imho.

Please post the birth notice here when baby arrives.

rollo

I’m with the others, I don’t think it’s too popular. I work with several different children, and have met many, many others. I’ve only ever met 1 [name]Maeve[/name]. She’s about 2 or 3 now. I don’t know any adults with the name, either.

I’ve never met a [name]Maeve[/name]. I think I’ve seen it discussed here a bit but other than that not at all. It’s probably more popular on this site than [name]IRL[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about it!

Thanks everyone- we were ready to use it and then [name]Pam[/name] posted a comment to the blog yesterday that said it was getting much more popular and I freaked out! Not in the hospital yet so keep the comments coming please :slight_smile:

I had never even heard of the name until I started frequenting nameberry. I´m surrounded by people with baby name lists from conventional to all out weird and I´ve never seen [name]Maeve[/name] on any of the lists. I think it being too common isn´t really something to worry about. It may be getting more popular (according to [name]Pam[/name]), but I don´t think it will be ever become ridiculously popular. Use it!

I think [name]Maeve[/name] is mainly popular on nameberry but if you’re worried about it you could always use maevane instead with the nn [name]Maeve[/name]

I agree- nameberry name! I love it and have never met one in the 9 million kids I’ve come across with my 3 year old.

PLEASE use it! I went to high school (many years ago) with the only “[name]Maeve[/name]” I’ve ever met; I had hoped to name a daughter “[name]Maeve[/name]”, but, unfortunately it didn’t go with our last name. It’s popular on this site b/c Berries have exquisite taste. :slight_smile: Congratulations!

Not that I would ever want to contradict my partner, but actually I don’t think [name]Pam[/name] was meaning to suggest that [name]Maeve[/name] was going to become overly popular, just one of the names we might be hearing more of. Like most of the posters above, I have never met a real live [name]Maeve[/name] either–and I would encourage you to use it!

While I have never personally met or known a [name]Maeve[/name], I did see a coat hanger with the name [name]Maeve[/name] over it in a school sometime last month. I believe it was in a first grade classroom. I don’t think [name]Maeve[/name] is too popular in the real world, maybe just with us berries.

I think [name]Pam[/name] was just suggesting that we might be hearing more Maeves, not that we think it will become mega-popular. I’m with all the other posters here–I’ve never personally met a [name]Maeve[/name] and I would certainly encourage you to use it–I think it’s a great name.

ughh… 3 out of 7 posts cited [name]Maeve[/name] as a quintessential “Nameberry” name… but when I look at birth announcements, I never see it! geez…

I love [name]Mairead[/name]. But obviously, being irish I’ve no problem with the pronunciation, so i see your difficulties. i think using [name]Mairead[/name] with NN [name]Maeve[/name] could work.

However, i love [name]Maeve[/name] (as you can see by the traditional spelling in my tag-line) and like other posters have said, It’s a well-acclaimed name on nameberry however would still be ready for use in the outside world without fear of over-popularity.

I only know one two-year-old named [name]Maeve[/name]. That’s it. I think it’s a beautiful name and it’s not especially popular.