#5 for our spunky/literary family POLL

See the results of this poll: What should this little bub be named?!

Respondents: 83 (This poll is closed)

• Zara Clemency Gardner 'Zaire": 14 (17%)
  • Zara Poesy Gardner 'Zippy": 13 (16%)
  • Clemency Ophelia Gardner "Coco": 18 (22%)
  • Willa Munro Gardner "Wim": 9 (11%)
  • Imogen Bluebell Gardner "Mimi": 29 (35%)

I love [name]Zara[/name] and [name]Bluebell[/name] so I will confuse you further by suggesting [name]Zara[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]. But I also like [name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]. Really all your choices are great though so you can’t go wrong. Those are just my favs

SUPER interesting to see what the favorites are!

Katielea, [name]Zara[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] is super darling! Hmmmmm…you’ve got be thinking there girl!

I love [name]Imogen[/name], it’s our #1 for a future daughter. Use it!

I have to agree with Katielea that [name]Zara[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] would be my favorite!!
However, I voted for [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name], but I like [name]Blue[/name] soooo much more as a nn than [name]Mimi[/name], please reconsider it!

About the other names…
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Clemency[/name], quite like this, but don’t really feel any connection to ‘[name]Zaire[/name]’, can’t really see it as a name, sounds a little strange to me…
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name], sounds lovely, but I don’t know about Zippy… Sorta like it, but it is kinda far out there… [name]Don[/name]'t not like it, but I wouldn’t do it personally… However, She can still go by [name]Zara[/name], or even [name]Zee[/name] (how about that??), if she doesn’t like Zippy
[name]Clemency[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name], love [name]Ophelia[/name] and nn [name]Coco[/name], don’t like [name]Clemency[/name] enough to use it as a first. I find it kind of too serious. However, the combi sounds lovely!
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name], don’t like [name]Munro[/name] and don’t like [name]Wim[/name]. This is probably my least favorite on the list. [name]Billie[/name], however, I still like. A lot.

So basically, it was a difficult choice!!
I’m sure though that you’ll make the right choice in the end!

P.S. you asked me a while ago what I thought about [name]Essie[/name] as a nn for [name]Serena[/name]… I think it’s really cute! Different, but not weird… But this probably useless to you now, since you’ve eliminated [name]Serena[/name]… Sorry, I was gone for a couple of days, only just read your reaction…

[name]Jac[/name],

I’m pretty sure you know where my heart lies on this issue, but I thought I’d talk through my thoughts one more time:

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Clemency[/name] “[name]Zaire[/name]” - I love the sound of this name, the elegance, the literary and virtuous ties, and the striking initials. However, I’m not in love with [name]Zaire[/name] as a nickname, despite its obvious literary tie. [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Juni[/name], [name]Hawk[/name], and [name]Zaire[/name] work for me, but if I’m only considering the girls, [name]Lulu[/name] feels lighthearted and frivolous, [name]Bea[/name] feels sweet and vintage, and [name]Juni[/name] feels spunky and playful. [name]Zaire[/name] feels and looks comparably harsh to my eye. But, that’s really only an issue of nickname, and even though Zazie is far from my favorite, it is slightly sweeter. My issue with [name]Zara[/name] [name]Clemency[/name], and what’s holding it back from being at the top of my list, is the slightly heavy feel I get from it. Though [name]Clemency[/name], being a virtue name, has a bit of that exotic feel to it, it’s more unique than whimsical to me, and with sibling names each containing a whimsical, spunky name, it seems to be lacking a bit of energy.

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name] “Zippy” - Well, if we’re going off of nicknames, Zippy and Zip hit the top of my list. They are cute and playful without being too peculiar or childish - in my opinion - and they have the same vibrant, animated flair that each of your kids’ nicknames has. [name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name] is a relatively unexpected, but extremely significant and melodic pairing, in my opinion, and the use of the unusual Z and P initials, combined with the almost-vintage [name]Poesy[/name], makes for a one-in-a-million name. Absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite.

[name]Clemency[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] - With [name]Clemency[/name] vaguely reminding me of prisoners and [name]Ophelia[/name] often bringing up those not-so-happy images of pedophilia and hemophilia, this name doesn’t quite have the spark for me. Yes, it’s unique and interesting, melodic and romantic, but where is the sweetness of [name]Daisy[/name], the spunk of [name]Juniper[/name], or the sass of [name]India[/name]? It’s falling a bit short, and the only thing that makes me want to save it is the unforgettable [name]Coco[/name] nickname. A true winner, that [name]Coco[/name]…

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name] - I’d say yes to this one in a heartbeat if it weren’t for the sometimes-strong similarities between [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Tallulah[/name]. I love the unexpected [name]Wim[/name] nickname, especially because it feels so effervescent and romantic, as in a whim, but it also has that tomboy spunky flavor to it. [name]Willa[/name] Cather is a gem of a novelist, and [name]Munro[/name] is a cool surname that links the combination to your youngest two, [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] and [name]Hawthorne[/name] Wilde, but the LL repetition is enough to kick this off the list for me.

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] - If this name had a great nickname, it would be my second choice. I mean, I’ve never been much of an [name]Imogen[/name] fan, myself, as it feels a little flat to me, but it’s absolutely undeniable how well the name fits with your family, and [name]Bluebell[/name] does serve to liven the combination as a whole. Though I love [name]Mimi[/name], there’s something peculiar to me about using [name]Mimi[/name] for [name]Imogen[/name]. This sounds terrible, but it’s almost like a dyslexic mistake, you know? [name]Ah[/name], I really don’t mean to be offensive. And, with each of your kids drawing nicknames from their first names, using [name]Blue[/name] or [name]Belle[/name] feels slightly peculiar to me. I’m trying to think of the perfect playful nickname for [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] [name]Gardner[/name], and beyond my failed attempt - [name]Mowgli[/name] - I’m really falling short. [name]Ah[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Clemency[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] because I think it’s a beautiful, distinctive name and I [name]LOVE[/name] the nickname [name]Coco[/name]! I also really like [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name], but the lack of a great (in my opinion) nickname makes this a second choice for me. I guess out of all the nicknames associated with this name, [name]Belle[/name] is the one I like best, but I seems to compete with [name]Lulu[/name] for me. I like the nickname [name]Coco[/name] because it has different beginning and ending sounds from your other children’s nicknames. Also, as I said before, [name]Coco[/name] is a name that can grow with a person, but I don’t know about [name]Ibby[/name], [name]Immy[/name] or other [name]Imogen[/name] nicknames and it seems to me that the nickname is a very important for you. Either way, you can’t go wrong with these names. They are fabulous!

[name]Coco[/name] is my favorite nn by far but [name]Clemency[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] seems a little depressing compared to the other options and sisters/brother. I think I’m just not a fan of [name]Clemency[/name] and was sad to see [name]Colette[/name] go. Although it’s the only [name]Coco[/name] option left, I just like the other full names so much more.

[name]Wim[/name] I love as I do find it fun and whimsical and fitting with the family. But I think [name]Willa[/name] is too close to [name]Tallulah[/name] and therefore must be eliminated.

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Clemency[/name] - my issues with [name]Clemency[/name] even apply in the middle

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name] - I love it! Zippy may be a little out there but I can totally see it on a precocious child. And I think this name lends itself to other nn in the future should they be needed.

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] - if there were a better nn, this would be my favorite hands down. Could you possibly use [name]Wim[/name] here?? I agree with pp that using a nn from her middle is a bit odd with the others. But [name]Hawthorne[/name] doesn’t lead you directly to [name]Hawk[/name] so maybe there is a little wiggle room for [name]Imogen[/name] too.

And I love [name]Crewe[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]! Good luck!

OK, I’m just throwing this out, but if you did like [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] best what do you think of [name]Mabel[/name] as a nickname? [name]Even[/name] though [name]Imogen[/name] is spelled with an “O” it is pronounced more like a soft “A” (I think). So the “[name]Mo[/name]” in [name]Imogen[/name] plus the “[name]Bel[/name]” from [name]Bluebell[/name] could maybe hold the nickname [name]Mabel[/name]. I know this is a stretch, but since you seem to use the nicknames of your children frequently I think it’s important to get a nickname you like as much as the name itself.

If we’re going off trying to combine first and middle names for a nickname, you could call her [name]Moby[/name]. But, you might get some whale jokes…

If we’re going off trying to combine first and middle names for a nickname, you could call her [name]Moby[/name]. But, you might get some whale jokes…[/quote]

OK, I guess I’m trying too hard. :slight_smile:

If we’re going off trying to combine first and middle names for a nickname, you could call her [name]Moby[/name]. But, you might get some whale jokes…[/quote]

OK, I guess I’m trying too hard. :)[/quote]

No, I completely got where you were going with [name]Mabel[/name]. I’m not really of the view that nicknames have to be directly related to first names, but it sure is nice, right? Hm. I’m honestly completely stumped as to a nickname for [name]Imogen[/name].

Oh, my God. So, I was just thinking for, like, two seconds, about what could make [name]Gen[/name] stick out more as a nickname. And, then, I thought of Genji, because of her last initial, G, for [name]Gardner[/name]. I know Genji and [jen-jee] aren’t really the same, but Genji is totally literary (The Tale of Genji), so I thought it might, might work…ha!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I am between [name]Zara[/name] [name]Clemency[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name]. I think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name] fits in really nicely with your other names. [name]Tallulah[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are similar in the ah ending but not enough to stop me from choosing [name]Willa[/name]. Especially if they often go by nicknames at home. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name] has that lit-spunk mash that seems effortless. But I really like [name]Zara[/name]! Perhaps biased because I love their clothes. I imagine an amazing fun, sassy girl! An urban chic. I’m not much of a fan of [name]Clemency[/name] or [name]Zaire[/name] though. So those throw me off…I second he nomination of [name]Zara[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]! Sorry…I know that is not much of a help. Good luck with everything!!

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name] or [name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name].
They are the least voted for in the poll but to me, they are the best options! They are both beautiful and whimsical with great literary ties and nicknames that you love ([name]Wim[/name] and Zippy!)
These are my top two! [name]Don[/name]'t write them off just yet!

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] is by far my favorite. It’s very elegant and unique and has some fun kick as well, and it sounds fantastic with your other kids’ names! It’s gorgeous and refined, and [name]Bluebell[/name] adds a lovely floral feminine touch to the combination. A definite win in my book, but I wonder what you’ll end up deciding. :wink: Best of luck!

[name]Nicole[/name]

Definitely [name]Clemency[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]! It’s stunning! And the nn [name]Coco[/name] sounds absolutely perfect for you :slight_smile:

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]ZARA[/name]!!! I adore this name to the end of the earth! Plus the nick name Zippy is perfect! It definetly works for a little girl and a teenager, not so much an adult but [name]Zara[/name] definetly works for an adult. It’s wounderful really hope you find the perfect name all you names sweet! Good [name]Luck[/name] :smiley:

I voted for [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] as well…a thought about the nickname situation, I like [name]Mimi[/name] especially with the pronunciation suggested Mih-mee. However, an alternative could be [name]Mo[/name] or Momo. Thoughts? Too boyish next to the definitely girly [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name] and [name]Juni[/name]? [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Juni[/name], [name]Hawk[/name] and [name]Mo/name. I quite like it, especially for a youngest. Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I have been following and at least don’t remember a conversation about it.

I also like [name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Munro[/name]. I can’t see Zippy lasted very long after early childhood except within the family, however. Not sure if that is a concern. You never know though, I know an older woman named [name]Bunny[/name] and she carries it quite well. I also don’t see a big problem with [name]Tallulah[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] and adore the nn [name]Wim[/name].

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] is such a perfect name, especially for your family! I adore it (and I’m 90 percent sure we’re going with [name]Imogen[/name] for our little girl in a few months’ time, as well). My second favorite would be [name]Zara[/name] [name]Poesy[/name] – love Zippy!

jac I am so EXCITED to see [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] winning the poll and I would be over the moon if you used it. I am watching this thread with bated breath, it would have to be one of the most popular threads we have ever had on nameberry.

best wishes and I can’t wait for the final tally and your decision.

hugs rollo :slight_smile: